Post by Pedram Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:11 pm

Big L for Lauren Schmidt Hissrich

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 Empty Re: The Witcher TV series

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:35 am

That Superman money gotta be a mint to pry a Witcher superfan like Cavill from this role.

That said, Liam has caught just about every stray imaginable just for stepping into this role. For that alone, I'm rooting for him. He hasn't had the career Chris has had, but I also don't think he's a bad actor either. He lacks his brother's charisma and maybe that works for this role as Geralt himself isn't all that charismatic.

Either way, I'll continue watching the show.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:51 am

Oh, so that's the reason. As if there weren't enough superhero movies already. I havent seen one in yeears because I'm so sick of them

Whatever makes those capitalist pigs profit though, and these movies sure as hell do, for reasons I  can't explain nor comprehend

But it's hard for me to believe he so easily let go of his dream role. Probably his disagreements with the showrunners played a big part.

He was pretty straightforward with his criticism of the writing:
“The toughest part for me was finding that balance between the showrunners’ vision and my love for the books, and trying to bring that Geralt to the showrunners’ vision. It’s about treading a fine line there. It’s the showrunners’ story and so it’s an adaptation. The tricky bit for me was finding Geralt from the books’ place within that and being able to serve both as much as I could.”

“The things that I pushed for, it was not necessarily just more dialogue. It was bringing a more book-accurate Geralt to the screen. Because as I’m sure you know in the books, Geralt is an amateur philosopher. He’s an intellectual. He’s wise and thoughtful. Yes, he’s at times morose, morbid and snarky. But it’s important for me to have the character be three-dimensional.

And it’s tricky to do, as I was saying earlier, because there’s a certain vision and there’s a certain set, storyline and plot. And so, it was about me trying to find Geralt’s place within that. All of my asks and requests were along the lines of just being faithful to the source material.”
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:47 pm

Cavill leaving is just fine. He was literally the only superfan of the content itself and his numerous disagreements with Hissrich etc told me he is bound to be disillusioned by the show itself.

It isn't loyal to the content itself, it does no service to any of the characters bar Gerald himself and maybe Vessimir, and just feels more like a play than a high budget fantasy show.

Hemsworth isn't anything special and this cemented my decision to stop at season 2 because its come out that the producers etc simply did not respect the content itself, as shown by some sources.

Hissrich quite simply is a very sub-standard creator and the show just has no direction and was mostly carried by Geralt himself.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:40 pm

Why do people with disdain for the source material get chosen to adapt said source material?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:25 pm

https://tfiglobalnews.com/2022/04/21/netflixs-woke-agenda-crushes-its-balance-sheet/
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:https://tfiglobalnews.com/2022/04/21/netflixs-woke-agenda-crushes-its-balance-sheet/

The gay Jesus put it over the line for me.

Netflix is absolutely terrible now apart from the odd good show here and there, like Ozark, You or Stranger Things. The rest is barely watchable and I cant imagine paying for subscription there. Besides the quality is shit unless you get a better package, i believe. It's nice to be a pirate.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:06 pm

Netflix is bleeding subscribers because of increased competition, higher prices and an extremely uninspired catalogue. All the streamers went "woke", so it's not that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:24 pm

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-you-must-keep-henry-cavill-as-the-witcher-and-replace-the-writers-instead?redirect=false

I doubt it will lead to anything at all, but I signed it and donated 10 quid anyway Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:49 pm

You donated money? To whom?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:You donated money? To whom?

To the funeral bureau that's responsible for season 4+ of this show hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:02 pm

Lmao fair enough Laughing

They should just cancel and spare us the misery. Sell the rights to someone who actually cares about the source material. It's almost like they do this shit on purpose lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:It's almost like they do this shit on purpose lol

It really does kind of seem like it sometimes. A friend of mine from college is a big fan of some fantasy book series that was made into a movie or tv show, and he told me that the writers of that show also didn't care for the source material and ended up butchering it. Wheels of Time or something.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:44 pm

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 47db5410

And the trend of making strong male characters into dorky dweebs continues. Wtf even is this Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:03 pm

This series is shite anyways

Actors lack charisma and not very inspiring, recycled special effects from 2003 and the costumes bought at Walmart. Could not finish season 1 and fell asleep almost every episode. What a disappointment compared to the masterpiece Witcher 3 (i did not read the books)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:51 am

Anyone tried the prequel Blood Origin?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:31 pm

I dont see the point tbh. There's no Cavill there, who was the main reason this entire show is holding up somehow, and this time even the critics didnt hold back whereas they usually give somewhat generous ratings to the woke drivel that netflix produces

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 25020510
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:01 pm

Thought I recalled some people on here praising the second season and claiming that it was better than the first one, but after finishing season 2, I can't honestly say that I agree with that opinion Razz

I'm not even sure if I can be bothered to watch season 3. Seems to me that the writers decided to do their own thing instead of following the books at all. If I was more open-minded and those writers had been more capable at what they do, then that might not have been so bad. But season 2 is only loosely based on the books, and in my opinion, the collective brain power of the writers is going to mark the end of the show, if that wasn't accomplished already with Cavill's resignation.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:34 am

Season 2 was obviously better in terms of production, effects and all that stuff. I didnt read the books to be fair, but as a stand alone thing s2 wasnt bad at all especially in juxtaposition to s1. Dont get me wrong it still is unfaithful to the source which is why Cavill bolted but the entertainment value has definitely gone up by a considerable amount

But if you read the books then expect season 3 to be even more out there for sure because Cavill wanted to re-write the entire thing probably which is why that bish Hissrich axed him. My bro neither played the games nor read the books and he enjoyed S2 as its own thing, which is fair enough, but for book readers I understand why it gets the criticism that it gets.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:22 pm

Myesyats wrote:Season 2 was obviously better in terms of production, effects and all that stuff. I didnt read the books to be fair, but as a stand alone thing s2 wasnt bad at all especially in juxtaposition to s1. Dont get me wrong it still is unfaithful to the source which is why Cavill bolted but the entertainment value has definitely gone up by a considerable amount

But if you read the books then expect season 3 to be even more out there for sure because Cavill wanted to re-write the entire thing probably which is why that bish Hissrich axed him. My bro neither played the games nor read the books and he enjoyed S2 as its own thing, which is fair enough, but for book readers I understand why it gets the criticism that it gets.

Don't get me wrong, the production value definitely did go up, which is expected when a show has a successful season behind it. But for me, season 2 was more frustrating than entertaining to watch. Season 1 seemed like it was building up to something that would still be rooted in the books to some extent, and so I was expecting season 2 to be better. But instead of building on season 1's direction, they decided to deviate from the source material entirely.

Like I mentioned above, that may be fine if you don't care about the books or The Witcher story at all, but I personally don't appreciate the fact that the writers have decided to scrap the original idea and are now just doing their own thing. Why even use the Witcher name for this show? We might as well add a blue pigeon to our top banner and call ourselves Twitter The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 1f602
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Yeah exactly, it essentially comes down to whether you've read the books or not. Look at this, coming from an actual writer on the show:

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 Bezety10

They're quite literally boasting about pissing on the source material and projecting their own insecurities onto the script
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:04 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah exactly, it essentially comes down to whether you've read the books or not. Look at this, coming from an actual writer on the show:

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 Bezety10

They're quite literally boasting about pissing on the source material and projecting their own insecurities onto the script

That doesn't surprise me at all. I think I'm very liberal and open-minded when it comes to my view on the queer/trans community, but I've met so many people from that community both online and in real life who had mental disabilities. And that's not something I want to mock or berate them for, but it matters when those people are put in positions of power and they obsess over things that they refuse to rationalize through conversation.

This guy's a drop in the ocean of such people that I've met. I don't necessarily think they represent their entire queer/trans communities. There are perfectly rational people in those communities, just like in every other community. But it is quite bizarre how many of them seem to fit into the same profile with a history of mental illness and high-end, tech jobs.

The Witcher TV series  - Page 13 Skjerm62

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:04 am

The wife and I started Blood Origin. Frankly, it's not that bad. Netflix have made far worse content than this.

The lore around the main show and the video games makes it very easy for me to stay invested in this show, even with the wooden acting.

It was wise to make this a one-off miniseries.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:02 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:55 pm

The way they massacred my boy Radovid is astonishing tho. It's hilarious how they project their trauma onto the characters and it comes out so cringe onscreen, and totally out of place

I must say those redacted writers are quite inventive nonetheless

Ciri has really been shining though, it's still the witcher so I keep watching...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:18 pm

It's about as much of The Witcher as Final Fantasy 16 is Final Fantasy. Change some of the names and it becomes Lauren Hissritch's fantasy show hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next