Winter is Coming
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Luca wrote:5.5 hour flight

Thanks brothers

It’s an unreal feeling. Kawhi is already our best player of all time. Needs a statue of his shot versus Philadelphia or his dunk last night (lord).

King of the North

Massive disrespect to DeGOATzan Mad

"I dont care who you are man"

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2019 1:27 pm

DeRozan lol.

Kawhi did more in this series alone than he has in like a decade.

The debate is more Kawhi or Vince.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 26, 2019 1:59 pm

I love DeMar and Vince

Kawhi is simply a better player than both. He’s the best player to ever wear a Raptors jersey. It’s quite objectively clear in every way at this point.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember Vince being really disliked by Raptors fans with the way he behaved before and after being traded. No one will argue about him in Toronto. Kawhi did what no one else in that franchise ever could-- send his team to the NBA Finals.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2019 2:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember Vince being really disliked by Raptors fans with the way he behaved before and after being traded. No one will argue about him in Toronto. Kawhi did what no one else in that franchise ever could-- send his team to the NBA Finals.

He's disliked because how he left not because of his overall performances.

He was the closest to the NBA finals as anyone else has before Kawhi, they lost in 7 games to AI's 76ers. I don't think judging them on on making the finals, considering the vast quality difference in the supporting cast is particularly fair.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember Vince being really disliked by Raptors fans with the way he behaved before and after being traded. No one will argue about him in Toronto. Kawhi did what no one else in that franchise ever could-- send his team to the NBA Finals.

He's disliked because how he left not because of his overall performances.

He was the closest to the NBA finals as anyone else has before Kawhi, they lost in 7 games to AI's 76ers. I don't think judging them on on making the finals, considering the vast quality difference in the supporting cast is particularly fair.

I get that, there's a case for Vince if you look hard enough, I'm just saying if even Toronto fans dislike him then there's no way he will ever be remembered as the greatest Toronto player ever. I feel like Kawhi could call Toronto the worst city in the world and absolutely shit on the whole franchise, and yet still be loved, just for reaching the NBA finals in his first year.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:DeRozan lol.

Kawhi did more in this series alone than he has in like a decade.

The debate is more Kawhi or Vince.

Out of this whole story, a big thing that can be taken away is that he (DeRozan) is a complete dud.

The playoffs exposes the pretenders from the greats, that's why players like PG13, DeRozan, Harden, CP3, Lillard, Westbrook only come up short. They don't have that great edge in them.

Giannis still needs to grow.

Last edited by El Gunner on Sun May 26, 2019 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2019 3:16 pm

DeRozan is a good player but these playoffs have shown they are levels to this.

Even Giannis who should be MVP IMO still has levels he needs to get to be a champion.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 26, 2019 3:32 pm

You know, you could always just say you agree with me hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Complete dud =/= good player.

I also think you're being unfair to PG, CP3 and Harden tbh.

specifically PG who had two torn shoulders lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 26, 2019 3:56 pm

You’re right but Toronto fans forgave Vince a long time ago

There’s even a documentary regarding his impact on Toronto called the Carter Effect. He really made the sport what it’s become here in many ways.

All I mean is objectively, Kawhi is a better player. Way more impactful defensively than Vince ever was in his career which is really the difference in my eyes.

In terms of who did more for Toronto as a franchise, obviously it’s Vince.

In terms of the best player to ever wear this jersey though, I think it’s Kawhi.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Congrats bro Cool

Kawhi's performances gives also a crazy hype for us in Mtl. Now on radio i hear people who want a NBA team. This year's playoffs will have a big impact for the future of basket-ball in Canada. I think more people will start to follow it.

Usually i don't root for Toronto's team, but as only franchise the Raptors represent all the country, fuck yeah, WE THE NORTH
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm pretty disappointed in Budenholzer in this series btw.

Nick Nurse constantly made adjustments to give his team the edge they needed and Budenholzer didn't adapt at all.

It's not a good look when you consider his history with lacking playoff adjustments in Atlanta.

Defensively his adjustments were fine. He made a couple on offense by just altering minutes, but that was pretty much it. They were good; Mirotic was unplayable and Bledsoe was too, but anyone could do that.

His inability to adjust on offense cost the Bucks the series. With how close the series was as a whole, if he just made a couple adjustments that swung a few points a game, it's possible Bucks go through.

He didn't though, for the most part.

The majority of blame for this series is on Budenholzer for me. Giannis too, but Toronto defended him immensely. He contributed what he could and was a monster on defense. His free throw shooting really hurt though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 pm

What are the chances of Bucks recruiting Kemba in free agency? hmm

Would be a great fit imo if possible
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Bucks don't even have the money to keep all the players we have.

We've got Bledsoe signed up on what looked like a really good deal, but now after his playoff performances looks like an OK to good deal (he's still great in the regular season).

Mirotic is gone. It didn't seem like we had the money to keep him, but especially after the season he's had with us, he's just not been good enough. Whether that's our fault or his is up for debate, but he's not staying.

Middleton is an open question. For one, how much money is going to be thrown at him? I see the Bucks matching regardless though. I think the Bucks want to keep this team together. Brogdon I see the Bucks trying their best to keep.

Lopez, unless the Bucks work some type of magic (and I'm not the person to ask regarding $$/contracts in the NBA), is probably gone.

Unless a lot of players leave, I don't see Kemba coming. And then the question is, is it really worth Kemba to lose those players?

As far as I know, Bucks will try really hard to keep the players they have, potentially going into the tax to do it. They're going to bet on this team being at the same stage year after year with Giannis improving every year as he has done.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 28, 2019 2:22 pm

The Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans have pursued former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Ty Lue as a lead assistant, but Lue’s focus remains on a return to the NBA in a head coaching role, league sources told The Athletic.

Houston i get but why we need another assistant seems strange.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Zion signs with CAA.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 am

Time.

Let's go Oakland City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri May 31, 2019 2:25 am

Toronto crowd looking like Salt Lake city.

Wheres that dude on twitter talking that good shit about how diverse they are because they have one sikh guy in the stands rofl rofl rofl

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 am

Golden state Bench is ass

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 31, 2019 2:40 am

Toronto will win this game if Golden State doesn't clean up this 3pt defence.

Toronto are getting check the wind wide open level of 3s.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 31, 2019 2:47 am

Golden State defence in general has been cheeks. They’re just auto double teaming Kawhi on every possession. I imagine they’ll adjust though.

Happy with Raptors on the defensive side. Playing it well.

Unfortunately, Durant changes everything

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 31, 2019 2:51 am

Young Kaz wrote:Golden state Bench is ass

uhm scratch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 31, 2019 3:02 am

terrible basketball this half.
Raptors should be worried though that the game is so close and we have not even got it going yet offensively.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 31, 2019 3:17 am

I understand why they're doubling Kawhi, he's such a great 1 v 1 scorer that if you leave him in single coverage he'll probably score 60% of the time.

But you can't give up the looks they are as a result of it, they'll need to adjust or Toronto will win this game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri May 31, 2019 3:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I understand why they're doubling Kawhi, he's such a great 1 v 1 scorer that if you leave him in single coverage he'll probably score 60% of the time.

But you can't give up the looks they are as a result of it, they'll need to adjust or Toronto will win this game.

Or you live with it and make the other players beat you 1v1 though

Like with LeBron last year, averaging a 30 point triple double but couldn’t come close but the Raptors also have a much better supporting cast than he did then, so that makes a difference

I think we can definitely win this game but it’s another story when Durant is back. State of the league

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next