Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

+14
sportsczy
Firenze
Thimmy
jibers
alexjanosik
Harmonica
chad4401
guest7
The Demon of Carthage
Valkyrja
futbol
titosantill
Mr Nick09
Art Morte
18 posters

Go down

Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door? Empty Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Has there ever been a faster fall from grace after winning the BD prize?

Modric has looked like part of Real Madrid's "too old" problem this season. The guy was crowned the king of football yesterday, but who here thinks he's having a good season? Are we supposed to hail this guy for a year as the best player in the world? Do tell me when he actually puts in Balloon Door worthy performances this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door? Empty Re: Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 am

he is exhausted after spending 3 years in a row playing deep into the summer in CL final and playing into exhaustion in the world cup this summer. The man was making non stop sprints at the 120 min in successive overtime games.

Anyone who is actually watching can see that he is tired. he will recover and still be great.

You should look at your team and look at how meh they look compared to last season. it's called fitness.

His achievements last season are already set in marble, that's why he won the Ballon d'or. he never pretended to be the best in the world, so dont worry about him.

find a new slant
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door? Empty Re: Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door?

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 am

fastest fall from grace was no doubt cannavaro. he actually had some bloody awful performances that year when he joined us. modric is good but i don't know about him getting all these awards to be honest, was he really the best player? good for him though
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 am

Which grace? Modric was at no point of time the top player in the world. Laughing

Boredom of Messi/Ronaldo duopoly + Ronaldo rape allegations + Ronaldo losing Madrid press support = awarding next best guy whose team won a lot.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 am

Barca fans before balon dor gala: CR is so shit, carried by that Madrid team whose best player is modric

After balon dor gala: can't believe this guy won the balon dor, not even the best player in his team, CR carried Madrid

Make your call guys, you're so volatile
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am

titosantill wrote:fastest fall from grace was no doubt cannavaro. he actually had some bloody awful performances that year when he joined us. modric is good but i don't know about him getting all these awards to be honest, was he really the best player? good for him though

I really didn't think Cannavaro was that great that year to begin with. If we're solely looking at the WC, then Zidane was clearly better. Of course that headbutt didn't help his case, but I have always thought that the BdO should only be about talent and performances.

If you want to reward a player for good behavior then make a separate trophy for it. Call it Nice d'Or or something. But the Bdo should only be about who performed the best and helped their team win the most trophies.

I'm not implying that Cannavaro didn't play well btw. I'm just saying that Zidane was clearly better and he shouldn't have lost it just because he headbutted a provocative player.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

Fall from grace? From whom? you? rofl

He just won Balon d'Or.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:57 pm

no problem with cannavaro getting all those awards, from a defensive standpoint, he was solid, prior to joining us. i for one don't like the idea of players on the losing team in a world cup final getting the world cup golden ball, except some rare cases, when those players' performances stood out, ala based on the eye test i really liked robben's performances in 2014
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

guest7 wrote:Fall from grace? From whom? you? rofl

He just won Balon d'Or.

Yes, he just won it and already it looks certain that he won't even make the top-3 this season. That is very underwhelming for a player who is supposedly the best in the world right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 pm

That doesn't really matter modric isn't young anymore, all needs is a break and finish up the second half of the season strongly.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 am

Messi vs. world # uno this season: ∞x goals, 5,5x assists, 2,8x chances created, 2,8x dribbles, 1,1x passes and 8x throughballs rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Fastest Fall from Grace after Balloon Door? Img_3304-jpg
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Sorry, but I think it's kinda ridiculous that he was crowned the best in the world if he's decline was just about to start. Could have put Emre Can out there and he would have done more than Modric.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 pm

He has never done anything against us. Rakitic owns him pretty much every single time.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sorry, but I think it's kinda ridiculous that he was crowned the best in the world if he's decline was just about to start. Could have put Emre Can out there and he would have done more than Modric.

He was judged on past performances. What are you even saying...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sorry, but I think it's kinda ridiculous that he was crowned the best in the world if he's decline was just about to start. Could have put Emre Can out there and he would have done more than Modric.

I don't think he only just declined. He's been out injured for longer periods of time in past seasons, which may have discreetly covered up his gradual drop in stamina. I think his decline in pace has become more apparent recently, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:22 pm

everyone knows based on performances that he wasn't the best in the world last season lol

just another example of the award being a farce
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:56 am

Ronaldo deserved the BdO. Mbappe or Griezmann should have been second. No idea how Modric won the thing tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:31 am

alexjanosik wrote:He has never done anything against us. Rakitic owns him pretty much every single time.

This " Rakitic > Modric " narrative that some of you are trying to force is becoming tiresome.

Rakitic simply plays for a team that has had Madrid's number for years.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Like many have already said he never deserved the Balon d'or to begin with.

His performances for Madrid were very good, but Ronaldo was without doubt more instrumental for Madrid last year. Top 2 last year for Madrid IMHO were Ronaldo and Marcelo and then Modrić.

For Croatia his performances were average at best, missing a vital penalty vs Denmark which could have resulted in Croatia's elimination at round of 16. Rakitić and Rebić were the clear stars for Croatia on their road to the final, not the sewer rat.

I give him Balon d'fugly.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ronaldo deserved the BdO. Mbappe or Griezmann should have been second. No idea how Modric won the thing tbh.

No, I think that actually the top 3 should have been in no particular order: Griezmann, Mbappe, Varane.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Myesyats wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ronaldo deserved the BdO. Mbappe or Griezmann should have been second. No idea how Modric won the thing tbh.

No, I think that actually the top 3 should have been in no particular order: Griezmann, Mbappe, Varane.

I think Umtiti, Kimpembe and Giroud could have been there tbh. Any of those 6 could have been in the podioum in no particular order.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down