Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Demon of Carthage
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Life After Ronaldo and Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Life After Ronaldo and Messi

Post by Interman Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:03 am

they will be forgotten in 10 years, just like no young fans know who the *bleep* Ronaldinho, Zidane, R9, Henry, Del Piero, Nedved, Edgard Davids, etc.  are, unless researching/watching their old youtube videos.

We only remember things fondly, that happened in our own timeframe.

In 10 years, new guys will make these 2 obsolete, and old fans of Messi and CR7 will decline and decline. It's the cycle of life.

Last edited by Interman on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 am

Interman wrote:they will be forgotten in 10 years, just like no young fans know who the *bleep* Ronaldinho, Zidane, R9, Henry, Del Piero, Nedved, Edgard Davids, etc.  are, unless researching/watching their old youtube videos.

Agreed.
I don't even remember Iniesta.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 pm

zigra wrote:
Interman wrote:they will be forgotten in 10 years, just like no young fans know who the *bleep* Ronaldinho, Zidane, R9, Henry, Del Piero, Nedved, Edgard Davids, etc.  are, unless researching/watching their old youtube videos.

Agreed.

ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Valkyrja wrote:What makes me a little bit sad is the Ronaldo and Messi, because it's not Ronaldo and Messi. It's just the image created by the press around Ronaldo's imaginary skills just to have a rival for Messi, whereas, he's not even close to Lionel Messi. This guy instead of blackmailing Perez and Co in giving him a new contract should kiss their feet because it's only because the exposure he gained as a Madrid player that put him on the same imaginary pedestrial with one of the GOATs. Had he stayed at United he would have been irrelevant for a few years now because his football skills are utterly average when you watch a football game from head to tail. And the worst part is that his individual success occured at the expense of his teammates who are superior football talents.

Great post, not even the best player in his team, Modric has been robbed all these years.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:04 pm

I wouldn't put him even in Top 5 of Uefadrid, Modric, Marcelo, Officials, Ramos, and Referees all top of him, Bale too if he hadn't ruined his ligaments with steroids.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean they have one 9 CLs combined and it will probably be closer to 15 by the time they retire.

What other two players have dominated the CL like that?  Can't think of any of the top of my head.

Feel like people are discreding their team mates. It is not Alcorcon level players they have as team mates.  They have amazing teams built around them. In case of Barca, the Spanish team dominated internationals from 2008 onwards to 2012 winning 3 tournaments with core Barca players. As for Real Madrid, that is a Galactico team.

Put Messi and CR7 in a Aston Villa or Sevilla , and lets see how many UCL titles they can win. their stats are so impressive because they literally have played in the 2 of the best teams of all times.

only teams that come close were Zidane era Galacticos, but they failed because they sold Makelele and instead of replaced him with Gravesen or something like that. lol

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Well obviously but it's still more likely that two teams don't dominate to this extent without them than it is that they continue to dominate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:57 pm

We only remember things fondly, that happened in our own timeframe.

In 10 years, new guys will make these 2 obsolete, and old fans of Messi and CR7 will decline and decline. It's the cycle of life.

THIS. there will be new players whom the next generation will follow, and the unreal numbers they are putting up now will be discredited as "they played against easy opponents"; especially if more investors arise and if la liga doesn't revolve around those two clubs anymore , that argument will be held against them by younger fans and pundits

Last edited by titosantill on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:39 am

zigra wrote:

Agreed.

Some guy who made irrelevant defenders stumble over their own feet, back during the stone age of fitness and dieting regiments hmm I watched him on Newtube. Looked slow and useless.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 am

Halilovic and Odegaard
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am

Jese and Deulofeu
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:44 am

Kaladin wrote:Odegaard
Finally somebody remembered what was his name. Da fuq happened to this guy, isn't he like 25 already and should be starting for Refdrid with the salary he was getting?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 am

Odegaard is 19. He was on loan at Heerenveen and I think the club is now planning on loaning him to another Spanish team.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 am

Harmonica wrote:
Finally somebody remembered what was his name. Da fuq happened to this guy, isn't he like 25 already and should be starting for Refdrid with the salary he was getting?

Just because Barcelona have been underperforming in the champions league in recent years, doesn't mean that you can arbitrarily skip 5-6 years of time hmm Ødegaard has improved a lot at Herenveen by becoming more decisive, more of an attacking threat and maturing his overall game. I think his biggest weakness is that he has an Özil- like tendency to drift in and out of games, albeit not quite to the same extent as the lazy german. Although, I haven't watched all of Herenveen's matches in the past season, he's been a standout player from what I've seen of them. Real Madrid requested that he'd move on to another club and league, which is only natural if he wants to continue developing in a progressively ambitious environment. I don't know why you'd assume that his reported salary has anything to do with whether he should be starting for Real Madrid or not. How's Dembele doing, by the way? Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:53 am

Thimmy wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Just because Barcelona have been underperforming in the champions league in recent years, doesn't mean that you can arbitrarily skip 5-6 years of time hmm Ødegaard has improved a lot at Herenveen by becoming more decisive, more of an attacking threat and maturing his overall game. I think his biggest weakness is that he has an Özil- like tendency to drift in and out of games, albeit not quite to the same extent as the lazy german. Although, I haven't watched all of Herenveen's matches in the past season, he's been a standout player from what I've seen of them. Real Madrid requested that he'd move on to another club and league, which is only natural if he wants to continue developing in a progressively ambitious environment. I don't know why you'd assume that his reported salary has anything to do with whether he should be starting for Real Madrid or not. How's Dembele doing, by the way? Very Happy
What does that got to do with Ogeraad? Or do I sense a slight trigger? Laughing More decisive, more attacking threat? Looking up he scored 3 goals, how's that a decisive for a Fakenaldo fan?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:14 pm

His main job isn't to score, he's a playmaker and his decisionmaking has improved substantially in that respect. I've tried explaining various things to you in the past, and it's always been like talking to someone who's mentally challenged, so I don't know why I bother. I'm not a particularly big fan of C. Ronaldo, but I'm sure you'll forget that 2 minutes from now, just like you forgot it the last few times I told you. You're the one who mentioned Ødegaard, and god knows why you pretend as if you keep forgetting his name. You're probably well into your 30s or 40s by now, and you haven't matured a bit since the first time you appeared on this forum. Your short-term memory is as bad as ever as well, which is probably why you have an obsessive relationship with website statistics that you can twist and turn to suit your preferences. Even your class clown act has dropped in quality, and your incessant fakenaldo, Penaldo this, goatmessi that rants have gone from being amusing, to becoming a redundantly tedious gimmick that you persistently cling to, like Nokia's attempts at staying relevant. Keep your game recommendations coming, though. You've been quite consistent in passionately recommending games that flop commercially Laughing

Life After Ronaldo and Messi - Page 2 B7niwl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:18 pm

You sure are all over the place, but that's the definition of triggered. Btw without oil Norway would be a third world country. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Yeah, that's a cool story that ain't even remotely true Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

That is not the definition of triggered, if Oil makes Norway not a 3rd world Nation then Venezuela is basically a S rank nation and Odegaard is doing fine. I too wonder why you continue to try to explain anything to him Thimmy but I am glad you continue to try to be mature around here.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 am

I dont know about ronaldo but when messi leaves i will be very sad. He is something special and best player in every position. when a playmaker like xavi lets you to build the attack its a big honor. bigger than xavi in xavi's position and bigger than eto in eto's positon and bigger than anyone in the pitch

neymar was close, he was the only player in this generation who was close to messi level, sometimes he performed as good as messi, his dribbles and passes were amazing. but still could not outshine messi because messi had what neymar had plus he was better at scoring. These are the things that make me believe Messi is better than Maradona and Pele and they would not have outperformed messi if they played together

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 pm

"For me Messi is the best player in history." Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui, May 2018
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Valkyrja wrote:"For me Messi is the best player in history." Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui, May 2018

nothing wrong in that, he was just being honest.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 am

well, Until he takes the helms of real madrid.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2