futbol_bill
futbol
Mr Nick09
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The EPL is now a one team league Empty The EPL is now a one team league

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Pep dominant football led by fcking Sterling has swept the EPL. They have literally put everyone on their ass.

12-2 aggregate vs CL teams in EPL

This is embarrassing, in one year we went from top 6 to top 1 rofl and this is a after spending trillions on the transfer market

#PEParmy though Molenation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The EPL is now a one team league Empty Re: The EPL is now a one team league

Post by futbol Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Fraudiola putting EPL in its place. Molenation

Proof that EPL is an even bigger fraud than Pep. Molenation

The EPL is now a one team league 2rsch333

That "top 6". rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 pm

And then there is Sports saying the collective EPL and of course his PSG going to dominate!

Sure looks like the collective EPL is a single, City, team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:And then there is Sports saying the collective EPL and of course his PSG going to dominate!

Sure looks like the collective EPL is a single, City, team.

In fairness most of the PL teams have done well in the CL this season.

Means nothing before the KO stages but it's not like City are the only ones who got through their group easily.

Most leagues throughout Europe have pretty meh teams outside the top 3.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:36 pm

futbol wrote:Fraudiola putting EPL in its place. Molenation

Proof that EPL is an even bigger fraud than Pep. Molenation

The EPL is now a one team league 2rsch333

That "top 6". rofl

Burnley would walk the Bundesliga

don't @ me
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Didn't Chelsea do quite a good league last season?

City is the only top team in England that can cope with competing on several fronts because of their massive depth

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Luca wrote:Didn't Chelsea do quite a good league last season?

City is the only top team in England that can cope with competing on several fronts because of their massive depth

think I heard a stat that they won 13 games in a row last season or something similar
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Firenze wrote:

think I heard a stat that they won 13 games in a row last season or something similar

They did, my question is posed sarcastically because City is just doing what Chelsea dead last season, albeit in a louder way and without sacrificing CL. But I find it hard to really praise teams that drop 200M on full backs and then end of winning matches. All they did was find out the perfect box to box leftback formula and execute it. I mean good for Pep for doing what we've been saying for years but I'll hardly stand and applaud it

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm

But can he win CL back to back dooeeeeeee
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Luca wrote:
Firenze wrote:

They did, my question is posed sarcastically because City is just doing what Chelsea dead last season, albeit in a louder way and without sacrificing CL. But I find it hard to really praise teams that drop 200M on full backs and then end of winning matches. All they did was find out the perfect box to box leftback formula and execute it. I mean good for Pep for doing what we've been saying for years but I'll hardly stand and applaud it

Well you'd have a point if they were using those fullbacks...

Mendy is injured and has been out since the first 4-5 matches into the season and their using Delph as a false LB.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 pm

The point is, they've heavily invested and have quality in every area of the field and on the bench but lets not confuse this with doing God's work.

That's the only point

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes, but so have many other teams in the PL Laughing

That point should be taken into consideration too.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 pm

I'll give him credit, Pep has done really well so far this season even if the squad is stacked. I made fun of his trophyless season for just and fair reasons, it's only fair to give him credit for what he has done so far.

Though if he doesn't win the EPL now, he'll be a fraud forever.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Doc wrote:I'll give him credit, Pep has done really well so far this season even if the squad is stacked. I made fun of his trophyless season for just and fair reasons, it's only fair to give him credit for what he has done so far.

Though if he doesn't win the EPL now, he'll be a fraud forever.

Agreed.

His fraud status is pending on this.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:44 pm

I do appreciate the fact Liverpool, Burnley and Arsenal are above Tottenham. Warms my heart.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:45 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Yes, but so have many other teams in the PL Laughing

That point should be taken into consideration too.

I don't know man, he lathered it on pretty thick

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Doc wrote:I do appreciate the fact Liverpool, Burnley and Arsenal are above Tottenham. Warms my heart.
2 points away and Arsenal vs Liverpool is coming up. Give it 2 weeks and we will be back to normal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:I do appreciate the fact Liverpool, Burnley and Arsenal are above Tottenham. Warms my heart.
2 points away and Arsenal vs Liverpool is coming up. Give it 2 weeks and we will be back to normal.

The EPL is now a one team league Giphy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 am

Luca wrote:The point is, they've heavily invested and have quality in every area of the field and on the bench but lets not confuse this with doing God's work.

That's the only point

Honestly i'm tired of the money argument tbh. Every side in the top 6 other than Spurs have invested heavily in their team.

It definitely doesn't explain the difference in performance level between City and the rest of the league, we just have to watch how they play to see the manager is doing a damn good job.

Every single City player is performing at a career level, i genuinely don't understand how anyone can watch them play and think "LUL MONEY" it's quite damn obvious that very few managers would have them playing at this level.

He deserved to be criticized last season, but honestly most of the criticism makes no sense what so ever.

I mean they are performing at an all time great level, so much to the point people are comparing them to Arsenal invincibles. None of that can be achieved by just throwing money around, i disagree with the comparisons and think it's way, way too early but it's clear that the level they are playing at is rarely seen in the PL.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 am

I’m not disagreeing with their play, it’s been fantastic. Pep with these resources was always going to be a success and I don’t even see last season as one deserving of criticism.

What I’m saying is, Man City has paid and played their way into the big boys of the sport this seaon. To a point that you can expect them to win or rather at some point you’ll fit them into the Barca being Barca or Bayern being Bayern arguments.

In which case, threads like these or the other superlatives we used to describe whichever hot thing in football is the topic- I was really hoping Sturaro versus that 12 year old fan would make more of a boom, won’t be necessary.

And I’m sorry but City’s spending is most definitely at the foundation of their success. That’s not to say other teams don’t have similar investments into their squads but what? 150M on fullbacks in one summer? How many hundreds of millions on midfielders, forwards, central defenders and keepers in the last 2-3 seasons?

Sorry if I’m not on the Pep is elevating the sport wagon. He’s always been a tremendous manager not short of resources and he quite possibly has the most he’s ever had available to him. Doing a PSG in England is a special thing for sure. I’m not trying to come across as a hater and it’s a historical run that City is on but that squad belongs at the top of the table even with Montella in charge, maybe not with as much style though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 am

No one is saying he's elevating the sport though lol.

This is what i mean when i say the criticism is silly.

No manager in history is criticized for such things, every top manager ever had some sort of money advantage relevant to their competition.

No manager in history is criticized for not getting to the CL final, like he was at Bayern.

Some of these things are just flat out stupid, like i said he deserved last year's criticism because it was obvious a lot of the issues were on him but in the main no.

Also the transfers argument is also very stupid tbh, at least as it attains to this season. As i said before the only ones who are actually impacting this season's performances are Ederson and Walker and they are no way more impactful than most other big signings round the league or explain the record breaking start to a season.

Also you known damn well Montella wouldn't have City at the top lol, the man is underperforming in Serie A after spending like 200m ffs.

In fact AC Milan are the very example of why money arguments are inherently stupid.

Also while we are adding things that he's criticized for that no other top manager is, he's now criticized for being on pace for 100+ points :bow:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:54 am

The transfers thing isn’t stupid. That’s still money spent and it’s a lot of money we’re talking about and players that were bought last season or before aren’t far off.

All I’m saying is it’s a super team with a super manager doing super things.

Conte also did a fantastic job last season as well

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04 am

Nothing like this though.....

City are 9 points ahead of Chelseas record breaking season in 04-05 and 10 points of Arsenal's invincibles.

It's not a valid comparison, also i clearly said this summer. They have gone from 15 points behind the Champions last year to currently being 11 points clear and winning 16 games in a row.

I mean if you think Ederson and Kyle Walker is able to make a 26 point swing then more power to you lol. But it's pretty obvious what the real reasons are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 am

Well, first of all, Ederson and Walker are both proper buys and function quite well for City. I don't think that's debatable.

What about the flurry of players bought in the last 2-3 years? Sane, Sterling, KDB, Jesus, Gundogan, Stones, Bernardo Silva... then players like Danilo, Mendy, Claudio Bravo

Like the team has spent a ton, and the majority of it on very class young players like Sane, KDB and Sterling.

So, yes. I would stand by saying the foundations of this team's success are most definitely, and humbly, build on the squad of world class players they have acquired in recent times combined with one of, if not the most, brilliant managers in the world. I don't really see the harm in saying that, I don't even mean it in a critical way. I just mean you best be up towards or at the helm of the table if you're investing that kind of money. You would expect that it any league. And the money they spent on fullbacks, central defenders over the years, keepers over the years, its lunacy.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 am

Pep outspent everyone in the league by a fair bit , even Man United. Like Luca said, he's bought a whole new squad over the last two summers so the foundation had already been laid before this season

Sold no key players unlike his closest rival Chelsea

Stacked up his already over stacked ridiculous depth  but somehow the money argument doesn't apply lol

The least he could do with all this money spent is actually get the best out of them

Also bringing up failures of jabroni managers like Montella to validate your point , really ? But then again, you thought Montella is better than Spalletti so who knows...

He isn't doing anything out of the ordinary although if he manages to win CL, then that will be an extraordinary feat I admit
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next