Yeezus
Pedram
silver
Casciavit
M99
19 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Not just here, few wrestling groups i am in are talking more about UFC and football than wrestling lol.

It's just not interesting anymore. Ever since charisma vacuums started taking over larger than life personalities, it was always going to go to shit.

But wwe still pulling in new fans so i suppose there is a market for this new product.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not just here, few wrestling groups i am in are talking more about UFC and football than wrestling lol.

It's just not interesting anymore. Ever since charisma vacuums started taking over larger than life personalities, it was always going to go to shit.

But wwe still pulling in new fans so i suppose there is a market for this new product.

That isn't what happened really.

What happened is the formula came tired, it's basically a load of pointless matches, no character development, no storylines and most importantly of all they had no interest in making stars seen by the fact everyone is scripted to hell.

How are you are supposed to seperate yourself and sound unique when all of your promos are scripted by the same person? it's obvious what will happen.

The whole creative team run by Vince is incompetent basically, it's basically the same as a football team run by a shite coach.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:02 pm

Another problem with the product is they treat their audience like absolute morons.

For example (and there's millions of other examples) in the Ronda Rousey vs Nia Jax feud they constantly pushed can Rousey get Nia Jax in the arm bar??!!!!??!!

When 3 weeks before Asuka tapped her out to the very same move.

All the stuff is why i like NXT, none of these problems exist because Vince has no say ( although that's a problem in itself) obviously because it's developmental so there's dead moments nobody cares about but i honestly believe if you added the principals they believe in on the main roster the product would be 20x better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:52 am

It's a good point tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:33 am

Start watching some NJPW. The best tournament in the world is happening right now.

Best decision I ever made to switch from WWE.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 am

Hope he wins, doesn't feel right that someone who drops consistently amazing promos doesn't have the championship to show for it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Heyman just mops the floor with everyone else when it comes to promos
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Anyone else think Brock is retaining?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Hope he does tbh Laughing

Don't think it matters because the show is completely dead.

The only program with any sort of reaction behind it is this Rollins vs Ziggler/McinTyre feud.

Mainly because McinTyre deserves a main event push( would much rather he beat Brock than Roman tbh ) and Rollins has been the best in ring performer all year.

BTW Ambrose is supposed to be back soon so he'll probably add to that program.

The rest of the show is completely irrelevant.

Smackdown has picked up though. Joe vs AJ, Orton and Nakamura are both heels and been amazing, Miz vs Bryan and even Almas vs Rusev on the undercard.

Storyline/Character wise it's slowly creeping back to 2016 days.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:31 pm

silver wrote:Start watching some NJPW. The best tournament in the world is happening right now.

Best decision I ever made to switch from WWE.

I like how legit unpredictable this tournament is. Everyone and their mothers knew from a year beforehand that Naito was winning last year and once the brackets were announced, Omega vs Naito final was a given.

Heading into the final days with six possible winners (Okada, Tanahashi, White, Omega, Naito, Ibushi) and I can see all of them winning it. I think its 50/50 between a Tanahashi vs Omega and Okada vs Ibushi final.

Can't wait for Omega vs Ibushi and Naito vs Sanada.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hope he does tbh Laughing

Don't think it matters because the show is completely dead.

The only program with any sort of reaction behind it is this Rollins vs Ziggler/McinTyre feud.

Mainly because McinTyre deserves a main event push( would much rather he beat Brock than Roman tbh ) and Rollins has been the best in ring performer all year.

BTW Ambrose is supposed to be back soon so he'll probably add to that program.

The rest of the show is completely irrelevant.

Smackdown has picked up though. Joe vs AJ, Orton and Nakamura are both heels and been amazing, Miz vs Bryan and even Almas vs Rusev on the undercard.

Storyline/Character wise it's slowly creeping back to 2016 days.

Nah I think it's time they just give Roman his run with the belt and get it out of their system. He should have won it at WM34, but if there's one person Vince loves more than Roman it's Lesnar. Laughing

Although seeing Brock become a dual UFC & WWE champion would be cool, but I doubt he'll beat Cormier.

I thought the last RAW was pretty good tbh lol. Admittedly I haven't watched SD in a long time, but I have seen some of Orton's promos since turning heel. I'm not a big fan of his, but at least his character has direction now.

As for Ambrose, yeah I guess he'll be coming back in the next few weeks. Seems like he'll rejoin with Rollins and then turn on him come Wrestlemania time. I would rather have him turn heel right away, but it seems like WWE still wants to milk the shield reunion. In fact, if Roman fails to win I'm almost certain that he's going to end up reuniting the shield right after.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Proud Proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Lol he got jacked.

Kind of intrigued to see how it goes as I said before Rollins and Ziggler feud is the only thing of any real interest on that show.

The rest is get of my TV worthy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm

He is turning heel at Summerslam

Quote me on this
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Yeah that's a heel look for sure. I can see him helping Seth win and then turning on him after he wins the championship.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Hope he doesn't tbh, there's zero reason to rush it and have them feud at PPVs nobody cares about.

But it would be very WWE to ignore any notion of build and storytelling though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Don't know if I'm sounding sexist but WWE is getting more and more feminist by the day.

I assume Renee is part of the official commentary team now and most of the time she was dropping generic reactions like 'what' , 'wait' , 'no' and such. She sounded pretty amateurish for sure. I mean I enjoy women's commentary, particularly in cricket but I'm not sure if Renee is up for the job.

Also the way Ronda fights the security team is cringe as hell. It's way too unrealistic and comical I might add. WWE trying to sell her like some lady Brock Lesnar further undermines the talent of the rest of the roster. Infact I'd say most segments I've watched involving Ronda have been pretty underwhelming.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Nah it was one night only thing, she's doing commentary for the Mae Young Classic and Coach isn't there why not give her a shot? Doesn't hurt imo.

Besides there's no way she can be worse than Coach lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Honestly I'd rather see Ambrose turn on Rollins closer to Mania time, but I can see WWE pulling the trigger earlier especially if Lesnar retains. They're going to want to have a big storyline in the fall and heel Ambrose fits that.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Ambrose turning on Rollins would be much better now than later because it benefits everyone.

What happens to Ziggler and McIntyre after they lose this feud with Rollins and Amrbrose? If they lose it, they will get lost in the shuffle, with the only thing they can do is either turn on each other (which makes their alliance pointless) or go after the sinking Raw Tag Team Titles.

Ambrose turning would help create a bigger storyline now and keep Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns (and Strauman) in the title picture and liven up Raw till Wrestlemania, while Ziggler and McIntyre can build the intercontinental Title. It would make Raw more multi dimensional, which it desperately needs.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 am

Asuka not even on the SummerSlam card lol.

The way they ruined her is unbelievable. :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Unbelievable? Can't say that tbh lol, nearly every NXT star they *bleep* up.

The only one who hasn't is probably Samoa Joe, mainly because they didn't change much. Most NXT stars fail because main roster neuters completely change what gets them over to begin with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Okay but at least she had a lot going for her. She has the longest win streak in WWE history or some shit. They made her beat Goldberg's record and had her win the inaugural women RR. Everything that's happened after WM has been a burial smh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:15 pm

True enough, shouldn't be surprising with Vince though lol.

BTW this tells you the difference between the Vince and HHH lol.

The last Womens champion in NXT with blonde hair? Charlotte rofl

Vince can't go two weeks without having a blonde as champion lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Man can't wait until he's too busy with the XFL that HHH ends up making the major decisions instead
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next