iftikhar
zenmaster
rincon
Collblanc
38 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_lcap46%Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 17 ]
Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_lcap46%Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 17 ]
Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 37

Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Empty Re: Champions League Group Stage - Group D

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I think Cuadrado and Mandzukic is actually more due to defensive tactics than attacking ones. Bernardeschi is known to track back but Douglas Costa is not.

For the 4-2-3-1 to work, the wingers must be able to defend and help out the defence. Really, I think our squad is built around Dybala too much right now. If he has a good game, were great. If he's poor, or average, or marked really hard, were god awful going forward. Player like Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi have more ability to open space for Dybala because they're much more dynamic players compared with Cuadrado, who is a more traditional, one dimensional winger and Mandzukic, who is a striker.

I think we have to give Sporting credit because they got their tactics right but we did not impose our will onto this match until we were losing. We have trailed in 3 of our 4 CL matches this season. Our defence is not what it was and while these mistakes are not indicative of losing Bonucci, we are making uncharacteristic, self-inflicted errors and starting these matches with an uphill fight every time.

I don't like a double pivot of Pjanic-Khedira. To be honest, it's good for games in Serie A when we are facing a team that will park the bus and lacks the pace to damage us on the counter attack, and while this same tandem led us to a CL final last season, I don't like it. Pjanic is built for a three man midfield. The problem is then, we sacrifice an attacker. It's a difficult balance to find right now.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Empty Re: Champions League Group Stage - Group D

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:28 pm

HIGUAIN
BERNAR-DYBALA
PJANIC-MARCHISIO-KHEDIRA
SANDRO-CHIELLINI-RUGANI-HOWEDES
BUFFON

Would like to see what this does against top teams, best compromise between attack and defense.

Our 3 best attackers on the field, the 2 AMs can switch to wingers if needed and they also like to track back. Midfield 3, i agree is the safest option. It also frees Pjanic from defensive duties and makes him more threatening attacking-wise.

It will take time but eventually it will come to this, i think.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:31 pm

That lineup looks good except for Khedira's inclusion. No Khedira pls. Deport him to MLS or Newcastle

Matuidi is comfortably better and he should be starting each game ideally.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't think there is a scenario which has a healthy Mandzukic and Cuadrado hit the bench.

I think we ride out the storm with what we have. I think we see a few players leave this summer and we head a new direction

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Forgot about Matuidi :facepalm: Yes it's a much better fit in that Christmas tree.

Mandzukic or Cuadrado are good enough for Serie A, i know Allegri loves them a lot, and tbh i do too. But i don't think they are part of our best possible XI.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Cuadrado and Mandzukic are easily among our best performers this season. I know they're only scapegoated because we have Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa in reserve but that doesn't mean its just.

Not to mention, Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi surely are not matching the defensive contribution of Cuadrado and Mandzukic. Mandzukic also brings a big physical presence, we don't win the game against Sporting in Torino without him.

Not to mention, its hard to justify these thoughts right now. Were in good shape in both Europe and Serie A.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Luca wrote:I don't think there is a scenario which has a healthy Mandzukic and Cuadrado hit the bench.

I think we ride out the storm with what we have. I think we see a few players leave this summer and we head a new direction

if we're locked with a coach that can not fathom benching an out of position CF and a very very offensively limited Cuadrado then i'd like a new on in the Summer, to ensure a new direction.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just lending rationale to the situation. Mandzukic and Cuadrado have been very strong performers for us, past and presently, the only reason we discuss them is because of Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa. I completely understand but at the same time, I'm not against how Allegri is managing everyone's minutes. I think its too focused on Higuain, Mandzukic and Dybala, they shouldn't be immune to rotation, or else there is not point in having such attacking depth.

At the end of the day, were scoring goals at a rate we haven't in 50 years in the league. I'ts impressive any which way you spin it. In Europe, we never make it easy and we don't have the easiest group. We do well in Europe and get rewarded with Barcelona in group play, and then we got battered in our first game.

The defence is more worthy of scrutiny right now, with the constant rotation of our central defenders, lack of a RB and Alex Sandro uncharacteristically not playing his best

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 am

Wow, Juve look dodgy on points with that group, did not expect
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 am

The points are fine, its the performances that have been really quite poor so far. Leaking goals and not creating chances.

Were going with last year's blueprint with better substitutions in attack and defence but it's not looking so great right now

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Champions League Group Stage - Group D - Page 7 Cl_odd10

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing. If the group stage ended today, these would be the odds for who each team would draw based on their standing.

-Two teams from the same country cannot play each other
-Two teams from the same group cannot play each other
-Runner ups play winners

Kind of cool, we would most likely be playing an English team

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Messi benched

wtf
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm

inb4 juve wins, messi starts following city players on instagram and a shitstorm to unfold
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Were without Chiellini so its about equal hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Expected Juve victory after it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Did not expect that. Kinda weird hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Robespierre wrote:Expected Juve victory after it

Yep, Allegri has a great record against Barca also
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Welcome brothers, didn't think we'd ever have the belief of both ES and robes

If you jinx us, I'll be extremely disappointed

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Even if Barca lose they'll be first unless Juve do a Sweden and beat Barca 8-0. Barca are playing Valencia at the Mestalla this weekend. After what happened last season and Valencia's new found purple patch it seems logical to rest Messi. I don't understand the head scratching, seems like a great decision. Valverde just taking a leaf out of his mentor's book and rotates Messi to keep him fresh at the business end of the season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Even if Barca lose they'll be first unless Juve do a Sweden and beat Barca 8-0. Barca are playing Valencia at the Mestalla this weekend. After what happened last season and Valencia's new found purple patch it seems logical to rest Messi. I don't understand the head scratching, seems like a great decision. Valverde just taking a leaf out of his mentor's book and rotates Messi to keep him fresh at the business end of the season

intentionally trying to trigger me before this match

you know what, I'll see ya'll after the game

an upventus to all, and to all a good night

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm

hoping for a entertaining 2-2 and messi coming on in the 80th minute for some headlines in the morning 2-3 FT
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 pm

its a shame harmonica wont be here tonight tho ;(
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Good that I put money on Juventus before this.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Collblanc wrote:hoping for a entertaining 2-2 and messi coming on in the 80th minute for some headlines in the morning 2-3 FT

Nah, they're not gonna put the ball past ter Stegen.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Messi's passing accuracy is a gift from God. I honestly haven't seen anybody in my lifetime with such an astonishing ability of threading millimeter-perfect-tailored-to-perfection passes.

Amazing. Just amazing.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next