RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 20 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by rincon 2/8/2017, 11:55

Dybala isn't a good fit for them imo. Unless they switch to a 4231 but I don't see that happening. Otherwise they'll end up with no one that can actually play on the left while they all (Messi, Suarez, Dybala) would rather play on the centre.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 20 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Firenze 2/8/2017, 12:24

Berllerin, Dybala and Busquets heir Fellaini for 200 combined

what a time to be alive for Barca fans
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash 2/8/2017, 12:52

halamadrid2 wrote:As per Barca's official twitter account

Neymar Jr has communicated to the dressing room that he's leaving the club. He has said goodbye to his teammates. The manager has given him permission not to train and to resolve his futute.

Where? This is the tweet:

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2017, 12:58

This is a blessing in disguise for Barcelona, although I doubt the clueless management will take advantage of this.

Neymar, despite all his skills, lacked the grit and ruthlessness of a forward. Above that, he had a bitter arrogance about him.

For me the solution is to sign Sánchez back. He is want away and can be released £30m. He knows the club, the city, and would fit into Valverde's plans perfectly. I'd also consider Coutinho or Ramsey, both of whom would inject some new blood into Barcelona's aging midfield. If Barcelona were very smart, they would have done a deal with PSG involving Verratti. You want Neymar and I want Verratti, let's do an exchange. Besides, Verratti wanted to leave a month ago, although that might have changed with the arrival of Neymar.

Having said that, and given the incompetence of the Barcelona board I can see them signing a bunch of overpriced average players.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 2/8/2017, 13:01

Sanchez lul, because we saw how that worked last time.

He'll be exactly the same again, running around for Messi and never showing any sort of individuality.

The real solutions are Mbappe, Dembele or Dybala.

Anyone of those 3 and they would have done well, if not ( which i expect) they have flopped in the transfer department as per usual.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 2/8/2017, 13:10

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2017, 13:13

Sánchez had a great final season. Why do you act like he was some sort of flop at Barcelona?

But sure, lets spend twice as much on a 19 year old who has had 1 good season Laughing

None of those names you mentioned are good replacements for Neymar, apart from Dembélé.

Hazard though hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc 2/8/2017, 13:27

Assuming Sanchez wants to go back to being Messi's water carrier then sure, Sanchez would actually be a good signing. Then again, Sanchez asked to leave Barcelona in the first place and probably for very valid reasons too.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 2/8/2017, 13:31

danyjr wrote:Sánchez had a great final season. Why do you act like he was some sort of flop at Barcelona?

Compared to Neymar he definitely was.

He scored 40 something goals in 3 seasons compared to Neymar's 100+ in 4 seasons.

He's proven to not be good enough for Barca, as if they should replace Neymar with the player who he replaced and was much better.

You laugh at Mbappe but unlike Sanchez he's not proven to not be good enough, also there's quite a high percentage that he's a generational talent and not having the foresight to see that will just hurt you long term.

You take a chance with every transfer and it's not like his fee is going to go down.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 2/8/2017, 13:33

Imagine the lulz if Nerman flops

Barcelona are so screwed btw, there is pretty much no one in the market with Neymar's characteristics. Good luck putting Coutinho or Dybala into the team
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2017, 13:38

I can argue that Sánchez joined Barcelona at a horrible time. Guardiola's last season, followed by Vilanova going out with cancer and then the clueless Martino being the head coach.

Also I would argue that Sánchez helped Messi score more goals than Neymar did. His role was more of a provider than finisher.

For £30 million he is a better bet than Mbappe for what...£80m, imho.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 2/8/2017, 13:44

Not if Mbappe proves last season wasn't a fluke he isn't and that's a chance worth taking.

Arsenal are not gonna sell him for 30m btw lol, besides i'm not sure why you have so much blind faith in him.

When he was there last time he would just dribble and then pass back, he showed zero individualism alongside Messi.

It's the reason he was sold and Neymar/Suarez was bought, Messi needed players who could provide for themselves and Sanchez wasn't doing that.

Why is there any faith this time would be different? he's clearly not the answer, we have actual proof he isn't. Where as the likes of Mbappe, Dembele and Dybala might flop ( as with any transfer) we have no proof they will, unlike Sanchez who has 3 seasons worth of proof that he and Messi do not work.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2017, 14:19

Messi played centrally as False 9. This would of course not leave much room for Sánchez to show individuality. Also add the fact that the whole team was in shambles back then. With Messi now moved to the wings and Suárez playing in the middle, Sánchez can show more of what he is capable of. Especially with Valverde as coach. The South American trio can be reborn.

I was being generous about £30m actually. Arsenal signed Sánchez for £31m and he is now on the last year of his contract, 28 (i.e. no resale value for Barcelona) and likely to want away too.

Dybala is definitely not the type of player to fill in Neymar's role. He is not a winger and he is also left-footed which is another no-go.

Mbappé is also more of a central player, but more of a finisher than Dybala. Also he is overpriced for what he is. I don't know what the current evaluation of him is, but I suspect in the region of £80m. For an 18 year old one-season wonder, I believe he is overpriced.

Then you got the likes of Dembélé which you mentioned which I prefer to the other 2 solely because I give the benefit of the doubt as I don't know much about him, but at least I've been told he is a winger by trade which means he can fit into the Neymar role.

Ideally I'd sign Hazard. God knows how much he could cost, but I always admired the Belgian, even more so than Neymar. He has the skills to beat his man, he can assist and he is more ruthless than Neymar. Not the best attitude but anyone compared to Neymar will be deemed an angel Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 2/8/2017, 14:23

What evidence are you basing Hazard is more ruthless than Neymar?

Neymar's worse season has more goals than Hazard's best.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 2/8/2017, 14:30

2017 and we're still discussing Hazard vs Nerman
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla 2/8/2017, 14:40

Hazard is not more ruthless than Nerman.

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 2/8/2017, 14:47

We're witnessing history guys. If Neymar manages to win PSG their first CL, it will be equivelent to Di Stefano-level greatness. Well, 5 CLs is even more great but this era has more reputation to it. Also, I meant it's greatness as in PSG will finally become a superclub, and with the money they have they can build the brand they always wanted! All down to a club legend, Neymar

Last edited by guest7 on 2/8/2017, 14:47; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2017, 14:47

Hazard has played for managers with defensive mentalities. In EPL.

Neymar has played for a club renowned for attacking football. In LOL Liga.

Of course his numbers look better.

Ruthless or not, he is a proven winger who has played for a top team in a top league. He is the safest option for Barcelona.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol 2/8/2017, 14:57

Ganso wrote:Imagine the lulz if Nerman flops

Barcelona are so screwed btw, there is pretty much no one in the market with Neymar's characteristics. Good luck putting Coutinho or Dybala into the team

lmao What are you smoking? We don't need anyone upfront. Messi and Suarez alone is more firepower than any other team in the world has got. Reinforcing the midfield by playing a 2 striker-4 midfielder system would be the perfect solution given the relative weakness of the current Barca midfield.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 2/8/2017, 15:22

Neymar has been the best player against Madrid for the past couple of years if you're honest with yourself.  He terrorized us.  Sure, he may not have scored the most...  but he created the havoc that opened up the space for Suarez and even Messi to get open looks.

Take Neymar away and the defense can now focus much much much more on Suarez and Messi.

Don't fool yourself.  Neymar is an incredible player and impacted Barca's play much more than you are giving him credit for.

And btw, Neymar is the one who played at 150% against PSG in the return leg although the rest of the team had given up. He's the one that got Barca through that tie.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 2/8/2017, 15:26

https://instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

Messis goodbye
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante 2/8/2017, 15:35

guest7 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

Messis goodbye

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 20 Giphy
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 2/8/2017, 15:36

Dante wrote:
guest7 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BXSt62SFYWj/

Messis goodbye

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 20 Giphy

Laughing Laughing Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 2/8/2017, 15:37

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 2/8/2017, 15:37

I hope Barca does something dumb with the money like upgrade Messi's contract Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 2/8/2017, 15:38

Messi has a lot of class (by football standards mind you; they're all tax felons so I no longer hold that against him lol).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next