OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon

+2
mezzogiornese
del_boy
6 posters

Go down

OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon Empty OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon

Post by del_boy Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Sporting Gijon have announced that they have sold Jose Angel Valdes to Italian giants Roma.

In a note on their official website, the Liga outfit have stated that the player has said his goodbyes to his teammates before heading for a flight to Italy.

The left-back is 23-years-old and is a product of the Sporting Gijon youth academy. The player has represented Spain at Under-20 and Under-21 youth level.

Roma will be bossed by Spaniard Luis Enrique in the new campaign after he arrived from Barcelona B to replace Vincenzo Montella.

According to Opta stats, Angel provided 125 crosses in La Liga last term – more than any other player at his club.

Valdes replaces John Arne Riise at the Olimpico after the Norwegian international moved back to the Premiership with Fulham.
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon

Post by del_boy Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Great signing. I have watched this player some times, and I can say clearly that he is very good defensively, and even better at attack. Very good signing Roma. Good project going on. Will keep my eyes closely monitoring you guys.
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Roma sign Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Roma are really shaping up nicely, taking the initiative promoting youth. It will take a few years but eventually will pay off. Youve got some huge future names. Lamela, bojan and now angel. Some more italians would be good. Parolo? Montolivo? Buy back Aquilani? All would be decent buys. Then ofc Astori, cassani for other fullback? A new keeper is the next must though. Please not kanemi unless stek is coming too. Viviano would have been fantastic but it didnt happen. Oh well.

I appoligse for my poor formatting using a phone.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:15 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:Roma are really shaping up nicely, taking the initiative promoting youth. It will take a few years but eventually will pay off. Youve got some huge future names. Lamela, bojan and now angel. Some more italians would be good. Parolo? Montolivo? Buy back Aquilani? All would be decent buys. Then ofc Astori, cassani for other fullback? A new keeper is the next must though. Please not kanemi unless stek is coming too. Viviano would have been fantastic but it didnt happen. Oh well.

I appoligse for my poor formatting using a phone.

Ya a nice balance is coming about with these new signings, making up for a rather aging base. I would like there to be some more Italians, but we do have quite a few Roman youth players who are all very promising. Antei, Caprari and Crescenzi seem to be the ones who will make the jump this season, maybe along with Viviani, so it's great to see more Roman joining the first team.

As for the names you mentioned, I agree with most of them; I had mentioned Montolivo and Parolo as being two good players who we should target. Aquilani? I would be glad to see him in a Roma shirt again, but I wouldn't take that gamble just because of his injury problems. Montolivo would be a better option imo, similar style and quality, but less prone to injuries. Parolo would also be a good replacement for Perrotta who doesn't have many seasons left in him. Cassani... there's the Zamparini factor and we have enough transfer sagas as it is. As for goalkeepers, anyone's guess what's on going on. Stekelenburg now seems more likely, with Kameni going to Espanyol's training camp.

PS- As for this signing, I can't really judge just yet as I don't know Angel well enough to do so. From what I've seen and heard, he seems very promising, so I'm glad we're reducing the age of our back line with some quality youngsters. I think it will take him some time to adapt, but with Enrique, evidently, it all should workout well.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I completley agree with you about bringing more homegrown youngsters in. I suppose the idea is getting the very best but rome has always produced great players.

Aquilani had a great season last year and shook off his injuries. I think hes better than monty, can score from distance and is roman. Getting him back now on the cheap would be great business.

As for more italian youngsters... That lad from Bari who scored 3 against bologna- maybe an element of fluke but i think hes def worth a shot. Although maybe Roma will never take a punt on a young barese again!

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:57 pm

@Mezzo: Viviano can still happen. Inter use Julio Cesar and the only link for him seems to be Genoa, and I reckon he would choose Roma over Genoa based on your history, your past results, and your future which as the whole footballing realm knows, is shaping up nicely as Roma are taking greats leaps.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Nah I think Viviano is a third option, nothing more. Every link we had to him completely died after that blind bid fiasco.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:15 pm

I didn't watch as much La Liga last season as I normally try to, but even then, I was hearing good things about Valdes. He's still got a ways to go before he can get his chance with the NT, but this guy looks to be a very hard worker. His stat of 125 crosses speaks volumes about his mentality.

I'd also like to have Montolivo with us......but not for 20m, which is what Fiorentina value him at....that's simply an excessive amount of money for a player hasn't done enough to justify it.

Cassani is very likely to be Palermo's new captain so I can't see him leaving when they've just lost their top striker in Miccoli and likely to lose their best playmaker in Pastore.

I still would fancy Viviano over both Stekelenburg and Kameni. His experience in the league is a distinct advantage over both the Cameroonian and the Dutchman. He doesn't deserve to be rotting on the bench at Inter and he doesn't deserve to be at a Genoa side that lacks the ambition it once had. Plus....he's Italian after all.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:38 pm

I would put Stekelenburg as our priority, then Viviano, with Kameni as a last resort. Though I think I would rather get Sirigu over Viviano.

As for Montolivo, he's not worth 20 million, nor do I think anyone will offer that much. He's entering the last year of his contract, doesn't want to renew and is forcing his way out already. That price could easily be knocked down to 15 million, maybe even a little lower if he explicitly declares interest in joining a certain team. After all, better getting even a little money now than nothing at all next year for a player entering his prime.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 pm

A. S. Roma S.p.A. announces that it has reached an agreement with Real Sporting de Gijón SAD for the acquisition of the rights of the player JOSE ANGEL VALDES DIAZ.

For the acquisition of such rights, Real Sporting will be paid an approval fee fixed at 4.5 million euros, payable in two installments: the first installment of 2 million, within 24 hours after the signing the acquisition agreement, and of 2.5 million euros by July 15, 2012. Variable: 0.5 million, when the player reaches his 5th appearance in the championship, will be paid within the following 30 days of the occurrence of the event.

Moreover, in the event of a subsequent sale of the rights of the player to another club, REAL SPORTING will receive a fee equal to 10% of the difference between the sale price and 5 million [10% profit of the next sale].

A five-year deal was reached with the player, with effect from the date of issue and expiring on June 30, 2016, which provides for the recognition of a fixed fee, equivalent to 1.25 million gross, for each season of the duration of the contract, with the possibility of an increase of these wages each season, an amount equal to 0.175 million euros gross, if the player reaches predetermined targets.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Great signing, Barca were also after this kid.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down