DeviAngel
S
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 pm

^^^Gonna have to agree here. Those who scored people are compiled by random people.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Whoscored ratings are not facts.

Whoscored ratings is how Trump got elected.

Hans.
How dare you.

How could you do this to me. HOW COULD YOU Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Whoscored ratings are not facts.

Whoscored ratings is how Trump got elected.

agreed
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Marcelo not world class is madness Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Marcelo not world class is madness Laughing

I rarely watch Madrid, but when I do it seems like so so so many attacks start from him. Wonderful footballer.

The type of guy I wanted to be as a kid playing on the playground.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:32 am

According to La Stampa, Zenit have an agreement with a Chinese team for Axel Witsel. Player will get €18m a year. Juve offered him €4.5m
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 am

RealGunner wrote:According to La Stampa, Zenit have an agreement with a Chinese team for Axel Witsel. Player will get €18m a year. Juve offered him €4.5m

Just imagine who Inter are gonna try and get in the summer and how much their gonna spend Chinese money but an actual club with history lol
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 pm

marottalad wrote:
RealGunner wrote:According to La Stampa, Zenit have an agreement with a Chinese team for Axel Witsel. Player will get €18m a year. Juve offered him €4.5m

Just imagine who Inter are gonna try and get in the summer and how much their gonna spend Chinese money but an actual club with history lol

History does not put food on your families table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
marottalad wrote:

I think he meant prestige. What you wrote before about kids growing up wanting to play there.

The only reason Icardi is staying at Inter despite them not being in the CL for years and him playing at a high level that gathered the interests of many teams in Europe, is because he loves Wanda's poontang he grew up idolizing the great Inter of a decade ago and their strikers (most of them were argentine too).

Chinese teams are not there it, although I have to admit to you and @Nishankly that I spoke out of my ass regarding chinese football fanbase. I didn't imagine it like that.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
marottalad wrote:

I think he meant prestige. What you wrote before about kids growing up wanting to play there.

The only reason Icardi is staying at Inter despite them not being in the CL for years and him playing at a high level that gathered the interests of many teams in Europe, is because he loves Wanda's poontang he grew up idolizing the great Inter of a decade ago and their strikers (most of them were argentine too).

Chinese teams are not there it, although I have to admit to you and @Nishankly that I spoke out of my ass regarding chinese football fanbase. I didn't imagine it like that.

Imagine a kid now in Argentina, seeing old man Tevez become the highest paid footballer on earth. He will grow up wanting to be the man in China.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:21 pm

No kid in Argentina will grow up wanting to play in China right now, you can be sure of that. Not a single person in BA will look at Tevez' legacy and want to play in China over United, City and Juve. They will want those clubs, they will want Messi's Barca, a very argentine Inter and an always present Madrid. Most south americans of the current (and past) generation don't even want the PL and the prestige there is huge because it wasn't something we followed. Why do you think they have to pay this much? because none of them want to go to Asia. You are just too biased.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:54 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Imagine a kid now in Argentina, seeing old man Tevez become the highest paid footballer on earth. He will grow up wanting to be the man in China.

Kids don't want to be the richest, they want to be the best...

Any kid in Argentina will tell you they would rather win the first division title with their home team than be the highest paid footballer in China.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:11 pm

rincon wrote:No kid in Argentina will grow up wanting to play in China right now, you can be sure of that. Not a single person in BA will look at Tevez' legacy and want to play in China over United, City and Juve. They will want those clubs, they will want Messi's Barca, a very argentine Inter and an always present Madrid. Most south americans of the current (and past) generation don't even want the PL and the prestige there is huge because it wasn't something we followed. Why do you think they have to pay this much? because none of them want to go to Asia. You are just too biased.

They paid that much because they are building their league. With growth, comes recognition. Kids see the tevez money, and they will want to go in the future. I have no bias for the chinese league.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Kids don't want to be the richest, they want to be the best...

Any kid in Argentina will tell you they would rather win the first division title with their home team than be the highest paid footballer in China.

Middle class kids want to be the best. Kids struggling in poorer areas, using football as a way out, will definitely want to be the richest.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:25 pm

Laughing

You think a kid will think "I want to be Tevez" or "I want to be Messi"?

Let alone the fact that to a kid it's impossible to understand the difference between ginormous sums of money like 40m or 100m. They both get you whatever you want.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Laughing

Let alone the fact that to a kid it's impossible to understand the difference between ginormous sums of money like 40m or 100m. They both get you whatever you want.

The title makes the difference though. Being called the highest paid footballer on earth...thats part of the prestige. You are at the top at that point.

100 Million is a massive lifestyle difference down the road too. Footballers are the exact opposite to most people. Where the average man will be making his high salary in his 50's, a footballer will be long retired by that point. They have to make all the bang for the buck then. Tevez with this move has set himself up for a jet set lifestyle forever assuming China pays this salary. Thats a different lifestyle than just one of a simple millionaire.

I think many kids will want to be a Tevez than a Messi. Messi is a one club person, Tevez has really been a winner everywhere. Pound for pound beating every challenge. He's a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:36 pm

I want to be Riquelme tbh.
Spoiler:
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:42 pm

Betty is just arguing against the rest for the sake of it and doesn't even believe the stuff himself IMO.

zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

The title makes the difference though. Being called the highest paid footballer on earth...thats part of the prestige. You are at the top at that point.

100 Million is a massive lifestyle difference down the road too. Footballers are the exact opposite to most people. Where the average man will be making his high salary in his 50's, a footballer will be long retired by that point. They have to make all the bang for the buck then. Tevez with this move has set himself up for a jet set lifestyle forever assuming China pays this salary. Thats a different lifestyle than just one of a simple millionaire.

I think many kids will want to be a Tevez than a Messi. Messi is a one club person, Tevez has really been a winner everywhere. Pound for pound beating every challenge. He's a winner.

I'm not arguing whether it is a significant difference or not, just saying that to a kid super rich is no different than super rich. They might understand that one has more, but not what that difference will get you.

And you don't think kids value loyalty? At least Argentine ones do, no one wants to be a journeyman.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I'm not arguing whether it is a significant difference or not, just saying that to a kid super rich is no different than super rich. They might understand that one has more, but not what that difference will get you.

And you don't think kids value loyalty? At least Argentine ones do, no one wants to be a journeyman.

Kids these days? No, because companies aren't loyal.

The older generation in America worked at a company for life, and retired. Back in those days loyalty was warranted. These days it isnt because companies are in it for themselves. Nobody wants to be a "Company man" anymore.

I'll take your word on it being the norm for Argentine kids, but in America nobody wants to work for one place forever. You stagnate, and you are screwed. Your business is yourself. Club hop, get raises, win everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 am

Wait, even if kids will grow up wanting to be Tevez, they'll want to be someone who has spent 15 years at the top flight football, someone who has been to Boca, Corinthias, West Ham, United, City, Juve, again Boca before joining China on his last legs and last big fat contract. Doesn't bode well for a league that wants to have more prestige than Qatar.

They should seek to sign guys still on their prime, wanted by top flight football teams like they seem to be doing with Witsel, and like Oscar, Ramires, Hulk before him.

Actually they aren't even good examples. Hulk and Witsel were some of the very few money craving whores to go to a *bleep* gulag still in their prime for a larger paycheck, and Oscar and Ramires gave no shit about China and their 5x wages when they were key starters for us.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:56 am

You have to take into consideration the fandom, history, attendance etc of these Chinese clubs. Can you imagine a jampacked Shanghai arena screaming their lungs out in the same manner as the Sanchez Pacman? No, definitely not. Sadly, as much as i'd love to see other regions take out Europe as footballing vanguards, it won't ever happen. The prestige can never be emulated, the level of competition will never be topped. European football will always supersede other regions. Always. And with good reason.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:43 am

ES wrote:You have to take into consideration the fandom, history, attendance etc of these Chinese clubs. Can you imagine a jampacked Shanghai arena screaming their lungs out in the same manner as the Sanchez Pacman? No, definitely not. Sadly, as much as i'd love to see other regions take out Europe as footballing vanguards, it won't ever happen. The prestige can never be emulated, the level of competition will never be topped. European football will always supersede other regions. Always. And with good reason.

I think in time it will Happen. The chinese national team already has fantastic loud fans. Look at this Korean Advert showing Chinese fans:

And the prestige is being topped. Wiesel,Texeira, Oscar are 3 men in/nearing their prime who have explicitly chosen China over Italy and other lesser European leagues. This is the start of a shift. Right now we have a generation of kids who grew up watching European football...what happens in 2036 when kids who have grown up watching Chinese football come of age?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:46 am

Katy Perry wrote:Wait, even if kids will grow up wanting to be Tevez, they'll want to be someone who has spent 15 years at the top flight football, someone who has been to Boca, Corinthias, West Ham, United, City, Juve, again Boca before joining China on his last legs and last big fat contract. Doesn't bode well for a league that wants to have more prestige than Qatar.

They should seek to sign guys still on their prime, wanted by top flight football teams like they seem to be doing with Witsel, and like Oscar, Ramires, Hulk before him.

Actually they aren't even good examples. Hulk and Witsel were some of the very few money craving whores to go to a *bleep* gulag still in their prime for a larger paycheck, and Oscar and Ramires gave no shit about China and their 5x wages when they were key starters for us.

How much did Oscar or Ramires care about Chelsea before Emenalo showed up to them with bags of money? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:50 am

marottalad wrote:

Actual club with history? Consecutive European Cups 64 and 65 and consecutive Intercontinental Cups 64 and 65. How many Italian clubs have done that. And, how many Italian clubs have won the treble. Get out of here.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:54 am

ES wrote:You have to take into consideration the fandom, history, attendance etc of these Chinese clubs. Can you imagine a jampacked Shanghai arena screaming their lungs out in the same manner as the Sanchez Pacman? No, definitely not. Sadly, as much as i'd love to see other regions take out Europe as footballing vanguards, it won't ever happen. The prestige can never be emulated, the level of competition will never be topped. European football will always supersede other regions. Always. And with good reason.

Always can be very long (:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:01 am

breva wrote:
marottalad wrote:

Actual club with history? Consecutive European Cups 64 and 65 and consecutive Intercontinental Cups 64 and 65. How many Italian clubs have done that. And, how many Italian clubs have won the treble. Get out of here.

He was actually complimenting your dumbass Inter team in that post by contrasting the Chinese money in Chinese clubs with the Chinese money in Inter

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next