Unique
Art Morte
iftikhar
McAgger
Nishankly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs Empty 5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:45 am

Apologies for a shite title, But its the EFL cup so i couldn't be really arsed.

Team news:

Henderson got his 5th booking so he misses this.

Klopp has said he'll be playing decent teams in this cup so here's the expected line up

Karius
Milner Matip Lovren Moreno
Can Wijnaldum Lallana
Coutinho Sturridge Mane

Could by anything upfront tbh, but im 100% Sturridge will start.

YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 am

If we beat them and go through we'll probably make the final again imo.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs Pochettam Hotspurs

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Nishankly wrote:Apologies for a shite title, But its the EFL cup so i couldn't be really arsed.

Team news:

Henderson got his 5th booking so he misses this.

Klopp has said he'll be playing decent teams in this cup so here's the expected line up

Karius
Milner Matip Lovren Moreno
Can Wijnaldum Lallana
Coutinho Sturridge Mane

Could by anything upfront tbh, but im 100% Sturridge will start.

YNWA
1. Mignolet: This will keep pressure on Karius to step-up while allow Mig to stake his claim.
2. That Trent something or that Randall kid should come in to give Clyne some breather.
3. The Estonian to replace Matip.
4. Lucas in place of either Wini' or 'llana.
5. Origi in place of Mane.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Agreed Itfy, Im up for anything. Its just an EFL match, Will be hardcore if we reach the semis. meh before that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Nishankly wrote:Agreed Itfy, Im up for anything. Its just an EFL match, Will be hardcore if we reach the semis. meh before that.
Don't say that Sad . I love this cup.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:54 pm

It's a shit cup. Couldn't care less if we lost. Wish they did away with the whole competition.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:55 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Agreed Itfy, Im up for anything. Its just an EFL match, Will be hardcore if we reach the semis. meh before that.
Don't say that Sad . I love this cup.

Alex Hunter's grandfather disagrees with you
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:48 pm

this game has come at the wrong time. I don't want to play a weak team and get rolled over. but I don't want a really hard game for the first team on Tuesday then play again on Saturday.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Pochettino said he's going to play young lads, We might go in strong because we barely have to play anything else until Feb lol
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Nishankly wrote:Pochettino said he's going to play young lads, We might go in strong because we barely have to play anything else until Feb lol
I can see us doing the same then tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-set-ring-liverpool-changes-12066526

Looks like Klopp might do that, Unique.

"Danny Ings, Marko Grujic, Ovie Ejaria, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Kevin Stewart were all left out of the Liverpool Under-23s squad for Sunday's mini-derby with Everton as Klopp considers calling upon their services.

However, the fact that Mamadou Sakho started against Everton's under-23s is further proof that the France international is no closer to a first-team return."
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Nishankly wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-set-ring-liverpool-changes-12066526

"Danny Ings, Marko Grujic, Ovie Ejaria, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Kevin Stewart were all left out of the Liverpool Under-23s squad for Sunday's mini-derby with Everton as Klopp considers calling upon their services.

However, the fact that Mamadou Sakho started against Everton's under-23s is further proof that the France international is no closer to a first-team return."
sakho is finished at the club imo and tbh I'm not that bothered. the guy plays with his heart more than his brain and that's his problem. he reacts to the crowd to much. they get exited then he gets excited and starts diving into chalanges to get the crowd up even more. don't get me wrong I love a player that puts his heart on his sleeve but you have to be sensible.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Agreed with Ifty on starting Mignolet. I am being honest this Karius lad does not feel me with any sort of confidence at all. So why not give Mignolet a chance. The only thing he is better than Mignolet is his distribution otherwise we will have to wait to see why did we buy him at all.

Also, I will throw out a balanced team for this game. Not too many changes to disrupt our flow of results but at the same time also give rest to the players who were heavily involved till now.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-set-ring-liverpool-changes-12066526

sakho is finished at the club imo and tbh I'm not that bothered. the guy plays with his heart more than his brain and that's his problem. he reacts to the crowd to much. they get exited then he gets excited and starts diving into chalanges to get the crowd up even more. don't get me wrong I love a player that puts his heart on his sleeve but you have to be sensible.

knowing Klopp I am sure it does not mean anything. I know that we ourselves overrated Sakho sometimes. But Sakho can be WC on some days and next day makes a school boy mistake. So this competition from Lovren might make him better 3rd choice CB for us. I mean wouldnt it be wonderful to have him as a back up for Lovren and Matip. Klavan has been also good but Sakho is still young.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Helmer wrote:
Unique wrote:

knowing Klopp I am sure it does not mean anything. I know that we ourselves overrated Sakho sometimes. But Sakho can be WC on some days and next day makes a school boy mistake. So this competition from Lovren might make him better 3rd choice CB for us. I mean wouldnt it be wonderful to have him as a back up for Lovren and Matip. Klavan has been also good but Sakho is still young.
yeah I'm happy to have him as back up but he just needs to calm down a bit. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Mignolet will start, Klopp has confirmed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-v-tottenham-pochettino-make-12072768

Pochettino:

“It’s true when you are involved in many competitions, as we are, you can see I will rotate the squad in different games. Now we assess the team and take the best solution to try and play in every game with freshness and try to compete in the best way.

“We have Liverpool and then key games against Leicester, Leverkusen and the derby against Arsenal and for that reason, it’s important to be clever how we rotate and manage the squad.”

Spurs will be without injured duo Harry Kane and Toby Alderweireld for the game, while midfielder Moussa Sissoko has accepted an FA violent conduct charge and will also miss out.

Pochettino confirmed that Michel Vorm, excellent in the league meeting, will start instead of Hugo Lloris in goal, and that Georges-Kevin Nkoudou could make his first start.

Vorm rofl
Clean sheet for Spurs confirmed, Always has a worldie against us rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 pm

This game is going to be good imo. We might lose but I think the match will be entertaining with both team creating loads of chances.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Helmer wrote:So why not give Mignolet a chance.

Mignolet was given a chance for 3 years and also at the start this season to make number 1 his own.

Him being shit is the reason we are in this position with goalkeepers.

Magnolet's chance in the league is over. Karius whether good or shit will get the next year or two to prove himself.

And I personally like him so far. I can't believe you guys are talking about not being fillled with confidence and then asking for Mignolet back. He was way worse. I feel confident in him. He hasn't made any crazy mistakes that's cost us goals yet. He's more calm on the ball and definitely is better than Mignolet in his distribution even if it's not Reina level.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Oops.

Hmm...I'd like to see:

Clyne - Matip - Klavan - Moreno
Henderson
Can - Grujic
Mane - Sturridge - Origi

Still a highly competitive squad, but it affords rest to some of the players that will need it (allowing some more time for Lallana and Wijnaldum to get back up to full fitness). Maybe even Can behind Ejaria and Grujic instead to give Henderson some rest as well. I might even play Ings over Sturridge...he can't be much longer for the team and Ings has been fire this season.

Either way would be really nice to take this game to Spurs and knock them out. Want to be competing on as many fronts as possible without Europe.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

would like to see Mane being rested tbh. the guy is always running and running.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Clyne won't start. ATA will, I can confirm.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 pm

11 changes for #LFC tonight in the EFL Cup v Spurs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvoVouPWcAAUiRp.png
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvoVouPWcAAUiRp.png
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:33 pm

You have already done it, could posted a smaller pic though Wink.

Lucas at CB Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next