Myesyats
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't remember which chapter I'm on. It's good that the game is long, though. I've had so much to do this past week, that I've been too tired to turn on my console whenever I've been home. I'll finish the game eventually.

What is this Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales? Just noticed it in upcoming games on Metacritic. Also, Gwent is coming out in december. I thought it was already out. Was it the beta you guys were playing before?

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Thimmy wrote:I don't remember which chapter I'm on. It's good that the game is long, though. I've had so much to do this past week, that I've been too tired to turn on my console whenever I've been home. I'll finish the game eventually.

What is this Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales? Just noticed it in upcoming games on Metacritic. Also, Gwent is coming out in december. I thought it was already out. Was it the beta you guys were playing before?

Thronebreaker is basically meant to be a solo expansion for Gwent but turned into a 30 hr RPG with Gwent battles Laughing

As for Gwent it's been in beta for more than two years, what's coming to console now (been out on PC ) is the full release.

It's changed a lot from the beta though which was remade about 5 different times from Witcher 3 Gwent.

You won't even recognise it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I don't remember which chapter I'm on. It's good that the game is long, though. I've had so much to do this past week, that I've been too tired to turn on my console whenever I've been home. I'll finish the game eventually.

Thronebreaker is basically meant to be a solo expansion for Gwent but turned into a 30 hr RPG with Gwent battles Laughing

As for Gwent it's been in beta for more than two years, what's coming to console now (been out on PC ) is the full release.

It's changed a lot from the beta though which was remade about 5 different times from Witcher 3 Gwent.

You won't even recognise it.

Yeah, I watched a trailer of Thronebreaker. Looks interesting. Not sure if I'll actually get it, though. Doesn't look like there's going to be a lot of good releases between now and next year, so it's not impossible hmm There's Darksiders 3, though. I really liked the first two games.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 am

Just finished it. Quite a lot to say about it but I'll wait a few weeks until others have finished it, maybe months for RG Laughing

very impressed with Rockstar for going about the game and its narrative in a way that didnt pander or hand-hold and for just telling the story how they wanted to in general, even to the detriment of gameplay at times, I mean if any studio can get away with taking those risks it it's them. I think it's objectively the best open world by some distance for me and definitely a fantastic game all around. I feel like other games will struggle to be on this level 2 generations from now, honestly. Lucky we got to play it. Definitely feel comfortable I'm not knee-jerking when I say it's Rockstar's best project ever. Maybe not the most fun, but the quality is undeniable when you judge it as a complete package.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 am

Also just finished it. It's a stellar game. Truly. The scale of this game feels so massive that I don't think the map gives it enough credit. I almost feel like AC Odyssey may be larger in scale, but when you're traveling from the Grizzlies where it's cold and wintry all the way down to the humid, swampy Lemoyne, that's something really unique in this game.

The story of John Marston has always been a tragic one. This game, by focusing on the man that in many ways mentored him, puts so much of that into focus. The recurring theme of trying to get out of the game of dealing death only for it to pull you back in, regardless of generation, its a powerful one. It plays out like a ballad you'd hear someone sing by a campfire. Superb storytelling on display here.

Gonna step away from it for now and go back to AC Odyssey. Will probably return once the online component is launched.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 am

When you guys say you finished it.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:36 pm

yeah I finished it completely.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm

So Firenze

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Hmm. Hard to say, still gotta think about it. I think Arthur is one of the best written characters in gaming. He has the kind of depth and character arc I'd find from a main character in a 1000 page book or something, really rare for a game. Still don't know if he's an all time great when it comes to being memorable.

I think he's easily Rockstar's best character ever though, at least of those you can play as. GTA characters are always way too over-the-top for me, but then that's kind of the point. Like would you say Arthur is more memorable than Trevor? I wouldn't, but he's a much 'better' character. I love the GTA games, but RDR2 is the kinda game that puts Rockstar on par with the big boys when it comes to story-telling and characters, whereas before their games were all about the game-play and craziness for me.

I don't want to feel like I'm knee-jerking but right now yeah gun to my head I'd probably have Arthur in my top 5 all time.

I don't remember all that much about RDR1 either but I know I wasn't attached to anyone from that, that much I remember. This game did so much to elevate characters from that game for me too though.

If they're insistent with sticking with some characters introduced in these games for their next title there are a couple of ways I'd be very happy for them to go, wouldn't mind a prequel with Dutch or a sequel with
Spoiler:

otherwise I hope if we're blessed enough for a RDR3 eventually, a cast completely unrelated would be fine at this point
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I'm in chapter 4, loving the game so far, cant wait to send a few hours in St Denis, im doing all the sidequests and everything apart from hunting because i hate it.

Is there anything significant toowards that morality bar at the bottom? Should i watch out if i've been bad? Will there be story repercussions? (no spoilers please)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Also add my UK PSN since i have a US PSN and i bought a UK version of the game so i couldn't download the DLC off the US store since its not the same region

AcquireProfit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Kaladin wrote:I'm in chapter 4, loving the game so far, cant wait to send a few hours in St Denis, im doing all the sidequests and everything apart from hunting because i hate it.

Is there anything significant toowards that morality bar at the bottom? Should i watch out if i've been bad? Will there be story repercussions? (no spoilers please)

I know there's one side mission where you need high honor to actually do it but that aside i dont think so.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Firenze wrote:Hmm. Hard to say, still gotta think about it. I think Arthur is one of the best written characters in gaming. He has the kind of depth and character arc I'd find from a main character in a 1000 page book or something, really rare for a game. Still don't know if he's an all time great when it comes to being memorable.

I think he's easily Rockstar's best character ever though, at least of those you can play as. GTA characters are always way too over-the-top for me, but then that's kind of the point. Like would you say Arthur is more memorable than Trevor? I wouldn't, but he's a much 'better' character. I love the GTA games, but RDR2 is the kinda game that puts Rockstar on par with the big boys when it comes to story-telling and characters, whereas before their games were all about the game-play and craziness for me.

I don't want to feel like I'm knee-jerking but right now yeah gun to my head I'd probably have Arthur in my top 5 all time.

I don't remember all that much about RDR1 either but I know I wasn't attached to anyone from that, that much I remember. This game did so much to elevate characters from that game for me too though.

If they're insistent with sticking with some characters introduced in these games for their next title there are a couple of ways I'd be very happy for them to go, wouldn't mind a prequel with Dutch or a sequel with
Spoiler:

otherwise I hope if we're blessed enough for a RDR3 eventually, a cast completely unrelated would be fine at this point

Agree with anything, would agree Trevor is more memorable but Arthur's actual character arc is far superior IMO.

That's what I'll remember the most and how attached i got to it all and how well it developed. Agree on how the game elevated the characters, i don't think I've played a game with so many quality characters since Witcher 3.

As for the sequel, there's a bunch of really interesting ways they can go.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Kaladin wrote:I'm in chapter 4, loving the game so far, cant wait to send a few hours in St Denis, im doing all the sidequests and everything apart from hunting because i hate it.

My honor bar dropped down to nothing at one point, and random store keepers didn't want to sell me ammo and crap. People also seemed to get triggered more easily from bumping into me, or because my horse stood in the way of their caravan. Pretty annoying. Keep it above zero Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:09 am

I've been looking up little things since finishing the story, the list of little easter-eggs, and elaborate in game events is actually staggering, and considering I thought I was very thorough with exploration yet I missed like 75% of them Laughing

Rockstar :bow:

I've also spent about 2 hours today listening to the song that plays in the final mission :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 am

Same Laughing

I'm replaying atm but when i finish the 2nd time I'm definitely going all out on all the Easter Eggs and random events i may have missed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:53 pm

a lot of characters wear leather jackets in this but I never found one anywhere hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm

I think i'll give it a proper go when i come back. Right now i really can't get into it. But it might more be about commitment issues idk.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Take your time brah, there's no rush.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Take your time brah, there's no rush.

When molecastle 2nd from bottom, Mole says
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Lol i assumed we were bottom, haven't paid any attention to it what so ever.

I don't care about it anymore, there's many things i care about more now. That part of my life is over.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lol i assumed we were bottom, haven't paid any attention to it what so ever.

I don't care about it anymore, there's many things i care about more now. That part of my life is over.

unfollowed on twatter ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Take your time imo

I haven't had much time to play this week. Will try to do some this weekend and hopefully this next week
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Spoiler:

Still quite a lot to do iirc and yes you can.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next