Warrior
Lucifer
Art Morte
Kaladin
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
16 posters

Go down

Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP Empty Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:05 pm

This is the same group that smashed a huge swap of shit onto Mourinho's CV. Half a year later, their back to their lazy arse selves again.
At this rate, they'll have ruined Conte's Chelsea tenure in a matter of months too.

Ivanovic, Cahill, Fabregas, throw them out. Hazard is the worst. Sell him to China. Complete fraud of a player, and as cherries on top of his fraud cake you have laziness, brainlessness and a lascivious lack of end product.

Chelsea won't get anywhere with any of those guys starting.

Frankly it's amazing they were allowed to stay at the club after what they pulled last season. Mourinho was right. They are rats, and they shoud have been rooted out.

Unfortunately for Chelsea, Roman doesn't seem intent on making too much of a financial effort these days.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP Empty Re: Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Chelsea have signed the likes of Baba Rahman, Felipe Luis, Marcos Alonso but Ivanovic still starts rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP Empty Re: Chelsea need to fire a bunch of starters ASAP

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:09 pm

They've had the same rubbish core for quite a while, the midfield needs a revamp, Hazard, Oscar, etc need to step up or GTFO, Luiz, Ivanovic etc as well

Also, is it me or has Courtois regressed by quite a bit?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:22 pm

ES wrote:They've had the same rubbish core for quite a while...

Quoting just this, in spite of everyone saying basically the same thing. This just says it the best.

The rubbish core? These very same players won the PL easily just two years ago. Hardly anyone of the actually important players are past 30.

The players are not as big a problem as people make it out to be with threads like this. It's the fact that neither Mourinho nor Conte seem to be able to motivate them the same any more. Get them to work hard for each other like they used to.

I just find it a rather weird argument that a bunch of players who won the title a couple years back and aren't declining due to age need to be replaced. The potential should really be there for a manager who can actually win the players over.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Roman needs to hire Russian Mafia to motivate these lazy and unfocused feckers.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Ivanovic been shit since 2013, it's about time Chelsea starts valuing quality over loyalty.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Quoting just this, in spite of everyone saying basically the same thing. This just says it the best.

The rubbish core? These very same players won the PL easily just two years ago. Hardly anyone of the actually important players are past 30.

The players are not as big a problem as people make it out to be with threads like this. It's the fact that neither Mourinho nor Conte seem to be able to motivate them the same any more. Get them to work hard for each other like they used to.

I just find it a rather weird argument that a bunch of players who won the title a couple years back and aren't declining due to age need to be replaced. The potential should really be there for a manager who can actually win the players over.

In fairness Man Yoo won the league and a year later they finished 7th and nobody was arguing they needed rebuilding. Sometimes you get the very last drops out of a group of players and then there needs to be a rebuild.

I don't think there needs to be as big a rebuild as some are saying but i do think there is some sort of reboot as a football club which needs to happen imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Of all coaches i thought Conte is the right man to get the best out of an under performing squad. Looks like his stare of death has lost its luster already.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:28 pm

They've got maybe two or three who look like they've packed it in mentally and aren't giving it all on the pitch anymore, but generally I still feel they have a highly talented group of players.

I think they've apporached today's game and the Liverpool game in the wrong way. They were very passive in both and lacked the intensity required for those games, and were punished by two teams that had it. Then there's individual errors from the likes of Cahill which aren't helping.

It's still early on in the season. Maybe Conte just needs more time to get his message across and the team working better as a unit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

In fairness Man Yoo won the league and a year later they finished 7th and nobody was arguing they needed rebuilding. Sometimes you get the very last drops out of a group of players and then there needs to be a rebuild.

I don't think there needs to be as big a rebuild as some are saying but i do think there is some sort of reboot as a football club which needs to happen imo.

United had a much worse situation with players' ages, though. Ferguson squeezed the last drops out of guys like Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Garrick, maybe Van Persie, too... This Chelsea squad shouldn't be anywhere near as "tummies full" as Man United were after Ferguson.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 pm

I wasn't really talking about the age really, there's an old saying in football that everything is done in cycles. Sometimes the cycle is just over and you have to rebuild or reboot the team.

I'm sure there's players here who would find success elsewhere but for Chelsea they probably need to move some of them on.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:05 pm

The squad needs a complete revamp, its still has that Mourinho feel to it apart from maybe one or two plays it's essentially his team and his players. Built for the way he likes to play his football. Conte will need time to shift some of those players who have had their time and build his own team,whether Chelsea give him the time to do this is another question.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 am

I remember a report, where Pep supposedly said to Roman he needs 10 new players. Seems like he's right.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 am

I will say, Conte made the formation change to 352 and they looked a little more effective as the game went on. Their defense needs an overhaul though
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 am

I said this in the EPL thread while they were playing Liverpool, I was looking at their squad and realizing that they really do lack quality.

Ivanovic hasn't been good for years, Cahill shouldn't be playing for a top team (been saying this one for years), Luiz is a joke and we know that, Matic has been a passenger since the title winning season, and Oscar is a scrub.

That's 5/11, and of the others: Hazard is an inconsistent pos who ghosts through half the season, Kante has yet to get completely settled in it seems (judging by his performance today). That leaves Courtois, Azpi, Willian, and Costa as the only players I truly rate. I rate Hazard and Kante too but I outlined their issues.

That's not to say they're a bad team. I call Oscar a scrub but he's quite a decent player and on their day Cahill, Luiz, Matic and Oscar are all good enough for a top team, but I don't know. It just seems like those players are good enough to beat a lot of EPL opposition but they don't quite have the quality against top opponents...and Liverpool and Arsenal really highlighted this. It will be interesting to see how they do against the other top 6/7 teams.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm

ES wrote:They've had the same rubbish core for quite a while, the midfield needs a revamp, Hazard, Oscar, etc need to step up or GTFO, Luiz, Ivanovic etc as well

Also, is it me or has Courtois regressed by quite a bit?

Is overrated quite a bit actually. Been saying that for some time. Has really good shot stopping and fetching the ball out of the sky ability but his other attributes arent exactly top draw.
People normally fail to see that because his all round game is decent, and even his weaknesses arent exactly outright weaknesses ala someone like a Mignolet for eg.
Its like he knows to do everything but still is not exactly adept in any of those areas.

But having said all that he's got immense potential and is still way too young for a gk. So can still become great. Probably needs a change in scenery like Hazard. So wont really say regressed. He's still developing, just that lately his development has stalled.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm

More than the players , they have now acquired a mentality where losing is completely ok. That is bigger threat to their season than any individuals.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 am

Like I said in the PL thread, Im guessing its the whole club's problem from the owner down, just too much player power and big name manager being hired and fired too easily and quickly, no stability whatsoever for someone to build a proper team and develop the right mentality.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:17 am

Adit wrote:More than the players , they have now acquired a mentality where losing is completely ok. That is bigger threat to their season than any individuals.

This, and the players are never punished it seems. Someone at the club really needs to take an action perhaps drop or sell one of the big names to show everyone, not sure if that will be Conte, or if ever that will happen.... Abrom seem to love his players and not his managers Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum