iftikhar
McAgger
Art Morte
Curtinho
Nishankly
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5 time European Champions vs Domesticated cats - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs Domesticated cats

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Mignolet goes from being very meh starting keeper to the best back up keeper in the league Proud

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

5 time European Champions vs Domesticated cats - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs Domesticated cats

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Mignolet goes from being very meh starting keeper to the best back up keeper in the league Proud

Begovic and Ron-Robert Zieler beg to differ
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 pm

lol Mignolet is better than both of those scrubs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:43 am

...Mignolet is not better than Begovic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 am

he is comfortably.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:16 am

3 pts in the bag

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:34 pm

A big game for Klavan and Karius. The sort of game where you need to deliver a convincing or at least error-free performance if you are to justify your place in the team in the long-term.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:50 pm

HOLY SHIT WE ARE SO GOOD :bow:

They said we can't beat park the bus.

Lol should be 10-0.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Karius = Mignolet?

Discuss.

Coutinho with a screamer, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Sri wrote:3 pts in the bag
Proud

What is it with my Liverpool predictions Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Art Morte wrote:Karius = Mignolet?

Discuss.

Na not enough to judge them, But i don't see how Karius will be sooo good that we'll completely forget Mignolet.

I just hope he is a bit more good.

Considering the match, It was cool.
Red card early so was easier, Would like to judge us based on Swansea next week away. Nothing else.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Karius = Mignolet?

Discuss.

Na not enough to judge them, But i don't see how Karius will be sooo good that we'll completely forget Mignolet.

I just hope he is a bit more good.

Yeah, see, I just don't see this being enough in the circumstances.

Go back three years and we sign a 25-year-old Mignolet, a youngish keeper who is to develop into our solid number one.

*insert divided opinion*

Come back to 2016 and sign a 23-year-old Karius, a youngish keeper who is to develop into our solid number one.

What I'm trying to say is that to me it seems that we're trying to re-do the Mignolet project all over again. What I've seen and heard of Karius, he isn't a world-class keeper just waiting to be discovered. Basically, it feels like we've figured we might just randomly try our luck with a young keeper that's available and see what happens. It's early days for Karius but my hunch is that he won't turn out to be an upgrade on Mignolet at all. I hope I'm wrong, but, you know, I rarely am.

Conclusion: I would rather keep faith in Mignolet than start the same project all over again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 pm

Mignolet in 2013 had already reached his maximum potential when we signed him.

He hasn't really improved at all anyways. He's the same quality GK that he was when he signed.

Karius has much higher ceiling while already being better than Mignolet.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:27 am

I just don't think Karius is better than Mignolet currently. Mignolet isn't perfect, but he's got the routine and the confidence from playing several seasons at this level / in this league. Karius, I haven't seen enough of him to comment about his ceiling, maybe it is higher, but if it was up to me, I'd play Mignolet this season, I just think he is more ready - and that counts in my book now since we're looking like possibly being top-4 material. Feels stupid to me to try and bring a new young keeper in during a season when we have to put the pedal to the metal to fight for a top-4 finish.

#teamsimon
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:36 am

lol good thing then it's not up to you.

Simon has been here 3 years already and we've been shipping 50 goals a season with him being part of the liability.

At least give the new guy a chance.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:51 am

Didn't you also say that Mane was a shit signing? Or that Henderson would be terrible in his "holder" role?

I say if Klopp is starting Karius over Mignolet it's for a reason. Personally even though I think Mignolet has played well this season I'm not about to hop back in that lifeboat just waiting for him to make a mistake before putting in Karius.

Mignolet has not earned himself any leeway. He cost us something like 15 points last season pretty much by himself. His time is up unless Karius crashes.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:06 am

Are you talking to me?

I never said Mane was a shit signing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 am

No I was talking about Art.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:47 am

Oh yeah Art was complaining about Mane all through summer and preseason. I don't know if he's even been convinced as of yet Laughing Our resident bald brah is peculiar, to say the least.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:28 am

Art would have built a statue in the Laplands if Mane was about 2.5 feet taller and played upfront imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:26 am

It is looking like I was wrong about Mané, although I still don't think he's that good in a traditional winger role. I failed to take into account that Mané won't be asked to play such a role, though, as we have plenty of ball-carriers in the XI and Mané can play much more like an inside forward than a traditional winger.

I definitely like Henderson, though, but I think we're all half-expecting him to be exposed in the DM role still in some tougher matches.

But I'm not liking this introduction of new young keeper into the team at a time like this. Karius may turn out better than Mignolet in the long run, but in the present I feel like Mignolet would be the safer choice.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2