Are Pepe's and CR's 2016 the luckiest year of any footballer ever?

+14
zizzle
Freeza
titosantill
Lord Awesome
zigra
VivaStPauli
Doc
jibers
farfan
Art Morte
Collblanc
Kebab
Luca
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Pepe's and CR's 2016 the luckiest year of any footballer ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Pepe's and CR's 2016 the luckiest year of any footballer ever?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:27 am

So what would your comments have been had we lost the final? Let me hazard a guess, something along the lines of "They had an easy to top group, an easy path to the final and the moment they met a tough team they lost" but since we did win it's "well a final is a lottery, anyone can win even IFK Gothenburg" amirite?? I just find everybody's excuses so funny. I have already admitted that we had an easy path to the final but lucky to "win" we were not since we played the team that beat our direct rivals along their way in the final something we have been doing for the past 3 years for these teams. If anyone should be angry it's Atleti fans but we have none here unfortunately

As i said no matter who we beat somebody will always find excuses, if we beat Juve this year, people will say that we had an easy path because we didn't beat any of the other 3 and if we beat them it's going to be but in a 2 legged tie anyone can win using away goals bla bla bla

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Are Pepe's and CR's 2016 the luckiest year of any footballer ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Pepe's and CR's 2016 the luckiest year of any footballer ever?

Post by Glory Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 am

Wait I wasnt downplaying your win. Sorry if it sounded that way. Winning a title, any title for that matter is no child's play. Deserves a lot of credit for it.

I was merely comparing the last 2 seasons and stating Barca's win ( beating Bayern, PSG and Juve(in the final)) holds in more regard than Madrid's journey last season. Even there I wasnt referring to the rich history of real or anything, rather merely the last season. Thats why I specifically said if you take the 2 in brackets.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 am

Why do people always overlook the fact that we won the final against that team who beat Barca in the QF and Bayern in the SF ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:53 am

Why is it so hard to accept that big luck was involved in the draws? There is nothing wrong with being lucky, why deny it?

I would have loved if Juve got an easier draw than Bayern and if Italy was on the easier side of the bracket instead of playing Belgium, Spain and Germany.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:09 am

Valkyrja wrote:Why do people always overlook the fact that we won the final against that team who beat Barca in the QF and Bayern in the SF ?

The answer to this question is within the question itself as a matter of fact.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am

"Lucky" paths to the final are the norm. Real got very lucky but in general you are just unlucky if you face more than one actual top team on your way to the final. That's simply because there are hardly any top teams. Barcelona, Bayern, the two Madrids and Juventus. And that's already more than a few years back. When Bayern won the CL no one considered Juventus a major european force for example and beating them was considered hardly more than Real beating City last year. Add to that that at times one of the teams drop out of the top range because of injuries.

So yeah it's still lucky not to play any of the other top teams before the final but it's not extraordinary lucky.  

As for Portugal I just don't agree.
There are like 3.5 top teams in Europe - Germany, France, Italy and Spain but I don't count them because they haven't looked like a top team since 2012. Actually you might question the inclusion of Italy aswell Laughing but they raise their game more often than not. Anyway it's just hard to play more than one top team considering how few there are. Portugal played France. France played Germany. Both played one top team. Germany played two top teams but again - just because it's possible to have a worse draw doesn't make your draw super lucky. Also in the EC it doesn't matter if you play a top team in the final or semis because there's always just one game and no return leg.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2