McLewis
Motogp69
McAgger
Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by M99 Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Civil War had proper buildup to the big fight. I could buy why they were all fighting against one another with the whole Bucky dynamic and conflict over Sokovia Accords. They made good use of the whole first hour to build up the massive airport fight. All the characters had great roles to play and while Zemo was not Zemo from the comics, he was good, I enjoyed him more than Lex or Doomsday.

And yeah I do have a problem with Superman scowling all the time. Him being mopey makes him unlikeable.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:02 pm

You really enjoyed Zemo more than Lex?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Zemo was such a nothing character and there was so risk or anything interesting about him.

At least this version of Lex was swinging for the fences trying to make something exciting, even though I didn't particularly like him. He gets better at the second viewing when you know what to expect
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah he had depth to him, I liked his character arc and Bruhl's performance was great. Him not being killed of means they are saving him and the Thunderbolts for Avengers 4. I would prefer to have the mask wearing Nazi from the comics but meh
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Kiersey Clemons (girl from Dope) confirmed to play Iris West
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am

This is a great analysis.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Now I don't know how shit the BvS theatrical version was, but the director's cut is so so so so good and enjoyable. :bow: :bow: :bow:

The dark tone, the cinematography Proud why were people complaining

4.5/5
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 pm

M99 wrote:This is a great analysis.

Now again, I didn't see the theatrical cut, but and I don't know ifmy favourite youtuber Nerdwriter has seen the ultimate cut, but I actually think here Snyder's visual artistry and fixation on moments worked very well. Scenes moved on quickly from one another, but they always made sense and you could always feel the reasons behind Batman and Superman's actions and anger.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:02 am

Infinity wars is no longer in 2 parts now. 2nd part has not changed to another avengers film.

I am guessing it will be renamed as infinity gauntlets or new avengers

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 am

Any early reviews of Suicide Squad?
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Just watched the first half hour of the ultimate cut. Are you kidding me... That Africa stuff makes so much more sense Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 am

Watched the Ultimate Cut. It does improve the movie quite a bit. One question though

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:02 pm

M99 wrote:Watched the Ultimate Cut. It does improve the movie quite a bit. One question though

Spoiler:

It was.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Seems like Suicide Squad is getting slaughtered for being mediocre. Can't wait for 2016 being over. No universally loved blockbusters out there this year.

Bring on Oscar season.

Gonna watch it next week. Getting it a week later in Denmark...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Where are you reading that? I've only read that it's good but not great. Most people are saying jared leto sucks as the joker which isn't a huge surprise.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:Where are you reading that? I've only read that it's good but not great. Most people are saying jared leto sucks as the joker which isn't a huge surprise.

Reading the reviews on my Twitter feed and on rotten tomatoes. Basically Harley and Waller are good rest is mediocre.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Harley was always going to deliver with the way they built her.

They didn't bother building anyone else. No one ever talks about any other character apart from Harley and deadshot

Problem always was that the characters are pretty shit and no one cares about them apart from Harley and deadshot. They made a mistake casting others. None of those characters are interesting. Even in the comics.

Should be alright though tbh. I'll watch it before commenting further but it seems like DC just have a bad reputation atm. Wonder Woman can save it though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:Harley was always going to deliver with the way they built her.

They didn't bother building anyone else. No one ever talks about any other character apart from Harley and deadshot

Problem always was that the characters are pretty shit and no one cares about them apart from Harley and deadshot. They made a mistake casting others. None of those characters are interesting. Even in the comics.

Should be alright though tbh. I'll watch it before commenting further but it seems like DC just have a bad reputation atm. Wonder Woman can save it though.

Well, tbf, this movie was done before BvS came out. So Wonder Woman will be the first true indication of how they've responded.

It's still gonna make like 120-140m opening weekend domestic, so I don't see reviews tanking the money potential. Thankfully they're too far in to turn it around, which means we'll get the entire slate basically. We just have to wait 10 months for Wonder Woman now.

I just want a universally loved movie to guarantee future movies.
The good thing about the choice of the characters is that they aren't really missing any characters for future movies, because Batman has a huge rogues gallery to pick from.

I just want a mystery detective movie with Batman and The Riddler for Affleck's movie tbh.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Solo batman film will 99% deliver. I am that confident. Ben Aflleck is universally loved and so is batman.

Wonder Woman is going to be the first female based superhero film so no chance it flops.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Solo batman film will 99% deliver. I am that confident. Ben Aflleck is universally loved and so is batman.

Wonder Woman is going to be the first female based superhero film so no chance it flops.

I have more faith in Affleck than 99% of the directors in Hollywood, so yeah, it'll most likely deliver. Guy is an incredible writer, director and actor. I will start to believe in curses if that doesn't deliver Laughing

I just hate that I have to wait a week to watch SS ffs...

Wonder Woman will deliver because it looks great tbh. 2016 is just cursed. Trump is gonna win confirmed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Also... I'm so tired of DC extremists abusing critics on twitter. Seriously, what is wrong with some people out there. It's so toxic being anywhere near internet forums and Twitter when DC movie is released. I don't understand their motives.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:04 pm

dem MEH Suicide Squad reviews smh was quite hyped for it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Pretty sure Leto did good, but people's barometer is 08 Joker which he was never going to outperform
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 pm

ES wrote:Pretty sure Leto did good, but people's barometer is 08 Joker which he was never going to outperform

If he did good, that could be a valid complaint. Joker isn't one to be acting good.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Apparently Joker is only in the movie for 10 minutes total so if they're saying he gave a bad performance it must have been either really bad or he just needed more of a screen presence to expand the role and ppl compared him to Heath's Joker which had an entire movie around him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Firenze wrote:Apparently Joker is only in the movie for 10 minutes total so if they're saying he gave a bad performance it must have been either really bad or he just needed more of a screen presence to expand the role

Haven't read anyone saying he was bad. Most complaints are the movie is incoherent. Joker wasn't in the trailers much even.

The people who complain he wasn't in it enough only have themselves to blame.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next