BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How big of a CL favorite are Juve now? - Page 2 Empty Re: How big of a CL favorite are Juve now?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:42 pm

BORUSSIA!! wrote:why is everyone saying this?

how exactly is this team better on paper over the season they nearly won the treble. the season they had vidal, pirlo, pogba and tevez.

Inferior wing backs

Pirlo was finished then in big games, I say that as Pirlo's #1 worshipper.

Dybala > Tevez

Higuain > Morata

Vidal was injured and plain bad that season.

Our midfield is a bit weaker, wing backs and attack much improved.

And we're not done with our MF yet.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How big of a CL favorite are Juve now? - Page 2 Empty Re: How big of a CL favorite are Juve now?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
BORUSSIA!! wrote:why is everyone saying this?

how exactly is this team better on paper over the season they nearly won the treble. the season they had vidal, pirlo, pogba and tevez.

Inferior wing backs

Pirlo was finished then in big games, I say that as Pirlo's #1 worshipper.

Dybala > Tevez

Higuain > Morata

Vidal was injured and plain bad that season.

Our midfield is a bit weaker, wing backs and attack much improved.

And we're not done with our MF yet.

Wait a second. Maybe you are trying to say that Dybala has the potential to become a better football player than Tevez, but for the moment Dybala isn't for Juve what Tevez was that year. Juventus had a solid squad, but Tevez was literally dragging Juve towards victory match after match. Very efficient and decisive in attack.

Even if we consider that Dybala had a very good season, it's to much to say "Dybala>Tevez".
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:52 pm

@Vlad, Dybala was by far our best attacker and probably best player last season. Over 20 goals and a bunch of assists, he is everything Tevez was to our team.

So obviously on an overall, career statement, Tevez is ahead of Dybala. But I'll take 22 year old Dybala who is playing for his life over 31 year old Tevez going out in style any day.  With all respect to Tevez, I love that guy.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Luca wrote:@Vlad, Dybala was by far our best attacker and probably best player last season. Over 20 goals and a bunch of assists, he is everything Tevez was to our team.

So obviously on an overall, career statement, Tevez is ahead of Dybala. But I'll take 22 year old Dybala who is playing for his life over 31 year old Tevez going out in style any day.  With all respect to Tevez, I love that guy.

Ok, I understand, but for me it's too much. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Dybala Higuain partnership could pop in 60 goals in Serie A. Obviously CL is a different story. Everyone is trolling Juve fans and calling Higuain as a choker in the CL, which he has been previously, but let's just wait until he plays in the CL THIS year with Dybala and the powerhouse that is Juve. He may surprise you...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:56 pm

It's not too much. We're talking about Juves CL final season

And this much younger Dybala is every bit as good as Tevez was and more creative to boot.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:00 pm

Tevez was a beast for Juve in 2014-2015. But Dybala is only 22 and hasn't hit his prime yet. I expect big things from him this year. If he can get to Tevez level this year than Higuain Dybala partnership will far exceed Morata Tevez partnership.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Luca wrote:@Vlad, Dybala was by far our best attacker and probably best player last season. Over 20 goals and a bunch of assists, he is everything Tevez was to our team.

Ok, I understand, but for me it's too much. Smile

Fair enough, it is always going to be difficult to compare a 22 year old entering his prime with Tevez but Dybala was that immense for Juventus last season and he scored against every top team as well.

The scary thing is that he's going to get better

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Dybala Higuain partnership could pop in 60 goals in Serie A. Obviously CL is a different story. Everyone is trolling Juve fans and calling Higuain as a choker in the CL, which he has been previously, but let's just wait until he plays in the CL THIS year with Dybala and the powerhouse that is Juve. He may surprise you...

Honestly I can imagine Higuain scoring important goals in UCL for Juve if he goes there, but for another reasons. He had Real Madrid behind him in the past (a powerful team) and didn't help much.

Robben also had problems at Bayern and many other players at other teams. It has nothing to do with the team behind you, at that level, if you are able or not to beat the GK for example, in a 1 vs 1 situation. It is usually about the maturity, experience and the concentration. Those could be decisive factors.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:04 pm

Tevez 2015 was clearly better than Dybala 2016 imo .. ( a distant second ) .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Robespierre wrote:Tevez 2015 was clearly better than Dybala 2016 imo .. ( a distant second ) .

Please let us hype our golden boy in peace Robes Thumbs up

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Dybala Higuain partnership could pop in 60 goals in Serie A. Obviously CL is a different story. Everyone is trolling Juve fans and calling Higuain as a choker in the CL, which he has been previously, but let's just wait until he plays in the CL THIS year with Dybala and the powerhouse that is Juve. He may surprise you...

Honestly I can imagine Higuain scoring important goals in UCL for Juve if he goes there, but for another reasons. He had Real Madrid behind him in the past (a powerful team) and didn't help much.

Robben also had problems at Bayern and many other players at other teams. It has nothing to do with the team behind you, at that level, if you are able or not to beat the GK for example, in a 1 vs 1 situation. It is usually about the maturity, experience and the concentration. Those could be decisive factors.

Yes I agree. Robben was able to overcome his choker status in the CL, so Higuain can do the same. Juve have the best defense in the world. We do not concede a lot of goals. Plus Higusin will be playing with his buddy and countryman Dybala who is just about to break out into a world class player. So everything is set up for Higusin to have a fantastic season. He just broke a 55 year old Serie A record only a few months ago. 36 goals in 35 games is sick for Serie A. He might beat that this year.

We don't know what's going to happen but I think the odds are stacked in Higuain's favour to have a fantastic year not only in Italy but also in Europe. We will see what happens.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Semi Finals should definitely be the minimum but sometimes luck doesn't play in your favour.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:33 pm

Need to top our *bleep* group, embarrassing end to group stages last season. End result, our 50% injured team get Bayern in the R16 whilst City the group toppers who we beat twice get some plebs we'd have jackknife powerbombed through a table with a B team
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

A Hames prediction. Well, I'm so so so sorry Juve lads.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Predicted the POTY for Mahrez. Calma , it's happening.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Juve might as well sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and whatnot, but we all know deep inside our heart, after this thread they are Coitused and Coitused hard.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Robespierre wrote:Tevez 2015 was clearly better than Dybala 2016 imo .. ( a distant second ) .

lmao
Dymbito is already 2 tiers above Tevez. Goat that was promised.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Robespierre wrote:Predicted the POTY for Mahrez. Calma , it's happening.

Indeed, also predicted Liverpool winning Europa, Atletico beating Madrid and Lewa winning UCL with Bayern.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Lucifer wrote:Juve might as well sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar  and whatnot,  but we all know deep inside our heart, after this thread they are Coitused and Coitused hard.

rofl

Hope not, though.

How big of a CL favorite are Juve now? - Page 2 Giphy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Even on paper the midfield is nothing special, especially without Pogba.

Everything else is elite though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Calma lad we're going to bring in 2 midfielders definitely.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 pm

zigra wrote:

lmao
Dymbito is already 2 tiers above Tevez. Goat that was promised.

Probably watched more Juve matches than you in 2015 hmm Tevez was great not just for goals and assist, but also for leadership . He was the real Juventus leader that year. Still Dybala is not that type of player. It's absurd to think he wanted to go back in Argentina
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Agreed with robes.

2015 Tevez was the main reason we reached the C.L final. Up until the Dortmund games he was by far our best and most clutch player, then Morata took over with his goals against Madrid. One could argue that Tevez was anonymous in the C.L final against Barcelona but we cannot overlook his overall contribution that season.

It's pointless to compare Dybala and Tevez though. One is a seasoned, top level experienced player and the other just had his first season with a big club.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Come on guys, robes is right. Tevez in our double season was definitely better than Dybala last year. Dybala will be better though.

I don't think we are more favorites now than that year. That season I was confident against anyone but Barca. This season I'm confident against anyone (not that I think we will win, but just compete on equal ground) because no one seems as strong as that Barca team.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Hernanes. :coffee:

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next