How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America?

+18
BORUSSIA!!
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
Thimmy
CBarca
Kebab
McAgger
Luca
terrance511
Casciavit
Sushi Master
RealGunner
Adit
Kaladin
Lucifer
S
Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America? Empty How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm really intrigued by this. part of me thinks not because it came a year after the last one, Euros on the same time, some teams seem from the outside looking in that some teams don't give a shit ( aka Neymar not going )

But at the same time it's still an international tournament so it's still a significant part of his resume which is not yet fulfilled.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America? Empty Re: How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Jesus Christ.

How much more credit does Messi need?

:brickwall:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America? Empty Re: How much credit will Messi receive if Argentina win Copa America?

Post by S Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Argentina will choke to the elite Chile.

So invalid thread.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Yuuuge!

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:26 pm

None from me, can't believe they made this poverty centennial Copa just so he could win it, reminds of Hunger Games when they made up the Quarter Quell
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:30 pm

S wrote:Argentina will choke to the elite Chile.

So invalid thread.

Thus IF.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Jesus Christ.

How much more credit does Messi need?

:brickwall:

WAT.

It's a valid question lol, usually when a star takes his team to an international tournament victory they get credit.

Dunno what your issue is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Depends on the credibility of the tournament. This was a u.s funded fake copa invented clearly for greed.s.a which has Brazil playing a championship eleven and their best player partying in Newark.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Depends on how much credit barcaforum gives him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:48 pm

What the hell is it with you guys are this 'credibility' nonsense?

Excuse me, but Brazil does not equate good American/Latin football. They're currently shit, yeah.

The rest of the teams are still quality teams capable of going far or even winning the WC. The players are all players you love, or love to hate mostly all in elite or top European teams. I'm quite fed up with all this Eurocup wanking, as if all those 'big' teams are playing very well Laughing.

As for the thread: definitely he'll get some credit. He's been in great form, scoring, assisting, making defenders look like clowns. He's always been heavily criticized by his NT performances, and trophy such as this will definitely give him some slack. Of course, the only trophy that really matters is the WC, but if he does one day win it, say hello to a new religion.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:50 pm

I think it's a legitimate question Sushi, mainly because of who he is and all the circumstances surrounding it. Do feel they'll be a lot of people who brush it off as a meaningless accomplishment, hell i myself am undecided on the subject.

Thus why i made the thread.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think it's a legitimate question Sushi, mainly because of who he is and all the circumstances surrounding it. Do feel they'll be a lot of people who brush it off as a meaningless accomplishment, heel i myself am undecided on the subject.

Thus why i made the thread.

I'm not delegitimizing your question, Mole. On the contrary, it's a good question, which judging from the comments will probably depend on where you are based.

He will definitely get some credit. Apart from the guys who think the CA is a joke competition, the CA is still the Copa America... in America. I know to every Argentine it will definitely count as something, because you're Argentine and have high standards, and just because of the revenge factor from last CA. If Messi is a part of it all, even better. He will definitely get credit, because NT performances are his biggest critiques. I ain't even Argentine, but I value the CA so I would definitely give him credit. If Rooney gets you an Eurocup, why wouldn't you give him credit for it?

Over the years when we open up Googlepedia or whatever's in fashion at the moment and look up Messi's stats and trophy haul, you know the Messi fanboys will put out that he at least won something with his NT (if he doesn't win the WC, cuz then, game over) over that Cristiana fellow Laughing.

So even if he doesn't get credit for it now, he will definitely get credit for it over the ages.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:05 pm

You know how it goes. If he wins, it'll be discredited. If he loses, he'll be criticized.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:20 pm

harmonica dont even bother reply in this thread.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Adit wrote:Depends on the credibility of the tournament. This was a u.s funded fake copa invented clearly for greed.s.a which has Brazil playing a championship eleven and their best player partying in Newark.

Barca was never going to allow Neymar to play in 2 summer competitions. They have no obligation to allow players to leave for the Olympics.

I don't understand why Neymar choosing to play in the Olympics over Copa is such a big deal, to you. Brazil is hosting the event, and they have never won the football tournament before. Is that not a legitimate reason?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:03 pm

@ terrence
Ohh! Let me tell u something matey, Harmonica has made his bones hijacking and spamming threads like this with his lethal Word Sheets and vicious GIFs.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Adit wrote:Depends on the credibility of the tournament. This was a u.s funded fake copa invented clearly for greed.s.a which has Brazil playing a championship eleven and their best player partying in Newark.

Barca was never going to allow Neymar to play in 2 summer competitions. They have no obligation to allow players to leave for the Olympics.

I don't understand why Neymar choosing to play in the Olympics over Copa is such a big deal, to you. Brazil is hosting the event, and they have never won the football tournament before. Is that not a legitimate reason?

Brazil never won it because that is an nobody gives a damn cup, it has been like that for ever and it is now. You can have our u 23 players cup, the fact that that cup is valued before this fake cup is of no wonder because it's fake and invented purely out of greed and some countries agendas.

Which club can block a player from playing in Euro? No one will dare to do that. But a superstar Neymar was 'blocked' by his club from playing his continents biggest cup? Give me a break. Not buying it. Especially when he is yet to sign an extension and have 3 clubs willing to pay his release clue.. Do you really believe the story that Barca blocked Neymars desire to play in his continents biggest tournament? Plssss.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Adds a significant international trophy to his personal cabinet

As for those who think players don't care about this tournament, I kind of thought the same until I saw Peru and Colombian players both crying after their quarter final match. Colombia in joy for advancing (James particularly), and Peru for losing.

So, just because you may not watch it or care to watch it, don't assume that everyone feels the same way.

Also, Messi will deserve credit and he is playing at a fantastic level right now but this whole individual credit is the modern problem. It's a team sport and a team achievement to win a copa.

If Messi wins, he will probably win player of the tournament as well and that will be his recognition.

The same people trying to water down this tournament are probably the same ones trying to water down the Euro due to its increase in format.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Euro is definitely weaker tournament than it was before.

I mean 3 teams qualifying from a 4 team group rofl

Add some guest teams and organize it is random years and in China for some shady money and the euros now can be called copa Europa.

Corporate greed is destroying football. Not long before we see drink breaks in football.

Last edited by Adit on Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Adit wrote:Euro is definitely weaker tournament than it was before.

I mean 3 teams qualifying from a 4 team group rofl

Add some guest teams and organize it is random years and in China for some shady money and the euros now can be called copa Europa.

Point made Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:54 pm

I think he'll still need to win another Copa. This tourny as a standalone in his resume is gonna have too asterisks next to it. People will always have an excuse for this tourney and question its validity.

But if he wins another then he will have 2 Copas and the legit one is gonna cast a shadow over any doubts people can have over this Centenario one.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Lets think in this way. He is already top 3 ever. in third place after pele maradona. Lets say 55% of world population approves it. Winning this will add more 20%. It will not fullfill it but more people will put him in top 3. World cup would be different story he probably would get past maradona.
So my opinion is that winning copa will add 20% to his legacy in top 3
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:21 pm

ES wrote:None from me, can't believe they made this poverty centennial Copa just so he could win it, reminds of Hunger Games when they made up the Quarter Quell

Can't wait until people look at WC 2022 the same way Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Casciavit wrote:

Brazil is hosting the event, and they have never won the football tournament before. Is that not a legitimate reason?

Isn't that just more of an incentive for them and for Neymar to try and win it, if they do take the tournament seriously?

Casciavit wrote:You know how it goes. If he wins, it'll be discredited. If he loses, he'll be criticized.

Why would he be criticized? He's been dominating the tournament. It would be really odd for anyone to criticize him if they don't win it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Adit wrote:
Brazil never won it because that is an nobody gives a damn cup, it has been like that for ever and it is now. You can have our u 23 players cup, the fact that that cup is valued before this fake cup is of no wonder because it's fake and invented purely out of greed and some countries agendas.

They almost always have the strongest team and they have never won it in their history. In 2012, they called up T.Silva, Hulk, and Marcelo. They had a stacked team in 2012, as well. They lost in the finals against Mexico and were made fun of. The Olympics has always been considered a blemish on Brazil's football trophy haul. Every year the Olympics roll around, the headline more often than not, is "Will Brazil finally win it?"

Why is it so hard to understand that Brazil has never won it and that they are the hosting nation? Are you going to tell me there isn't a *bleep* incentive to win it, in front of their fans??

I don't understand how this isn't a legitimate reason for them to value the Olympics over the Copa America.

Adit wrote:
Which club can block a player from playing in Euro? No one will dare to do that. But a superstar Neymar was 'blocked' by his club from playing his continents biggest cup? Give me a break. Not buying it. Especially when he is yet to sign an extension and have 3 clubs willing to pay his release clue.. Do you really believe the story that Barca blocked Neymars desire to play in his continents biggest tournament? Plssss.

Clubs aren't allowed to block players from playing with their national teams in tournaments, qualifiers, and friendlies.

However, I'm quite sure that doesn't apply to the Olympics. If they don't want to send them, they don't have to. Do you not remember the Messi situation in 2008?

Also, you're overcomplicating it. It was a mutual agreement between the Brazilian FA and Neymar. Barca didn't want Neymar to play both competitions. Neymar and the Brazilian FA chose the Olympics over the Copa. Considering that they hadn't won the competition and that they are hosting it, then I'd say they made the right choice.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next