Winter is Coming
CBarca
Kaladin
zigra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thomas Muller Denunciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas Muller Denunciation Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue 15 Nov 2016, 15:20

Doc wrote:Wasn't exactly sure where he was going with it.

Yeah, me neither. He's a die hard Bundesliga "supporter"- I suppose he'd defend a German player even if they comitted a murder.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Thomas Muller Denunciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas Muller Denunciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 15 Nov 2016, 16:14

Wonderful post by elfer. Could not have said it better.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:00

Hapless_Hans wrote:Wonderful post by elfer. Could not have said it better.

Don't sell yourself short, you probably could have.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:22

What elf is trying to say is that football fans in general complain about international breaks and how it effects their clubs and players and being useless all together. Muller has come out and said exactly what millions have been saying for years now, but all of a sudden it makes him douche bag. He also spoke about fans generally calling X or Y player overrated, not good enough, bad player, as if they've been footballer themselves or are better then them, etc.

On the other hand perhaps Muller choice of words, weren't the best to describe this situation or maybe he was misinterpreted.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:35

elfmeter wrote:After reading these posts, it certainly makes you understand how the likes of Donald Trump gets elected.  You have everyone saying "oh yeah what a douche bag " for saying exactly what they were saying, but since it did not come from the mouth of some Sun or Mmirror "football expert" and that expert told them it was wrong, they all jump on the band wagon.

Then it seems that everyone here must be super skilled football players. Which is incredible,since the closest most of you come to playing football is playing your newest version of FM 2017.  Reading how terrible players like Muller or Higuian or Messi or Robaldo etc are all frauds and cant walk or run or kick a ball means you all must be super skilled players.  And I wont get into how all of you are above moral reproach, that is judging by your posts.  It is really saddening how the press in football have turned the fans into these know it all, cynical, blithering idiots and turned football into a WWE wrestling show for said idiots.  

This whole Manager worshiping cult is so ridiculous and is perpetrated mostly by idiots who learned football through playing computer games.
Amen, brother :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited by Andrew on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:36; edited 1 time in total

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:35

elfmeter wrote:After reading these posts, it certainly makes you understand how the likes of Donald Trump gets elected. You have everyone saying "oh yeah what a douche bag " for saying exactly what they were saying, but since it did not come from the mouth of some Sun or Mmirror "football expert" and that expert told them it was wrong, they all jump on the band wagon.

Then it seems that everyone here must be super skilled football players. Which is incredible,since the closest most of you come to playing football is playing your newest version of FM 2017. Reading how terrible players like Muller or Higuian or Messi or Robaldo etc are all frauds and cant walk or run or kick a ball means you all must be super skilled players. And I wont get into how all of you are above moral reproach, that is judging by your posts. It is really saddening how the press in football have turned the fans into these know it all, cynical, blithering idiots and turned football into a WWE wrestling show for said idiots.

This whole Manager worshiping cult is so ridiculous and is perpetrated mostly by idiots who learned football through playing computer games.

Pretty much none of this makes any sense. Lets do it San Marino style.

1. What a fan and what a professional can say are completely different things. Muller is out there representing Germany. Respect and classy behavior are expected or encouraged.

2. Perhaps the people calling him out are NOT the ones calling international breaks useless? On this point, almost all the complaints are usually about friendlies, NOT qualifiers.

3. What in the world is the link between being skilled at something, and being able to critique it? Movie critics are not filmmakers, food critics are not chefs, and most times the best football pundits are not ex-players. You watch a movie and you can identify great actors from shitty ones, same in football. No one is saying "Ronaldo is a scrub, I could do it better". Learn about context.

4. Where does the manager hater even come from. This one is just out of the blue. Are people not supposed to appreciate such an important aspect of the sport?

5. You keep bringing up computer football games. I'm sure some play them, but you know probably everyone here likes football first and foremost because of... football! not necessarily playing FIFA or FM.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue 15 Nov 2016, 18:10

elfmeter wrote:After reading these posts, it certainly makes you understand how the likes of Donald Trump gets elected.  You have everyone saying "oh yeah what a douche bag " for saying exactly what they were saying, but since it did not come from the mouth of some Sun or Mmirror "football expert" and that expert told them it was wrong, they all jump on the band wagon.

Then it seems that everyone here must be super skilled football players. Which is incredible,since the closest most of you come to playing football is playing your newest version of FM 2017.  Reading how terrible players like Muller or Higuian or Messi or Robaldo etc are all frauds and cant walk or run or kick a ball means you all must be super skilled players.  And I wont get into how all of you are above moral reproach, that is judging by your posts.  It is really saddening how the press in football have turned the fans into these know it all, cynical, blithering idiots and turned football into a WWE wrestling show for said idiots.

100% agreement with these points, always said a lot of posters on here don't know anything about footy since they always fail the eye test, and think watching a bunch of YouTube videos make them expert scouts or some shit, pogba is great example of this, look how easily his die hard fans quick to laugh at him, when they wanted their club to out bid manu for him Proud.

As for manager worshipping its only pep and its pretty disgusting the extent some posters go to big him up, zidane RM is undefeated fans treat the guy like moron, but those same fans are very understanding of pep struggles Laughing.

this forum used to be about just discussing footy, I remember when posters used to actually wait until how the season played out, now its just race to find the next big thing and shit on them when they don't live up the hype, this forum lost it way a long time ago
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue 15 Nov 2016, 19:19

Mueller is completely right tho. International breakes are there to help NTs to test new formations, try new players, improve the team's understanding in order to arrive at the NT tournament with the best condition possible, and all of that is thrown out of the window when you play vs teams of San Marino's calibre. The only purpose of that game was to get all 300 Sanmarinese cherish having a team and watching it getting hammered for the umpteenth time Sleep.
I would be royally pissed if one of my team's best players gets injured in one of these games vs carpenters/doctors/etc
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 15 Nov 2016, 19:22

We have NEVER waited till the season played out to criticize, praise, ridicule, despise, chastised, wax lyrical, over hype, under rate or even tickle any footballer/manager/club on this forum.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:05

Katy Perry wrote:Mueller is completely right tho. International breakes are there to help NTs to test new formations, try new players, improve the team's understanding in order to arrive at the NT tournament with the best condition possible, and all of that is thrown out of the window when you play vs teams of San Marino's calibre. The only purpose of that game was to get all 300 Sanmarinese cherish having a team and watching it getting hammered for the umpteenth time Sleep.
I would be royally pissed if one of my team's best players gets injured in one of these games vs carpenters/doctors/etc

lol, how about no? International breaks are there to see if you can qualify for the next international tournament.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:21

My bad, I thought that was a friendly. Still, Group C is about seeing which team beside San Marino can qualify for the next tournament, all the games against them are pointless.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:27

I would prefer it done as is in Caribbean, Central and North America. They have three rounds of qualifying with the better teams seeded to not participate until the early rounds are complete. Therefore you would have the minnows playing off against each other first, then in 2nd round those that minnows that do advance go against bigger but not successful (in recent past). And then finally those advancing after two rounds get to go against the seeded teams. This way the groups would also not be as large likely only 4 per group.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:46

They should can these regional qualifications and make a world qualification, it would make it equal to everyone.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Tue 15 Nov 2016, 23:39

rincon wrote:

Pretty much none of this makes any sense. Lets do it San Marino style.

1. What a fan and what a professional can say are completely different things. Muller is out there representing Germany. Respect and classy behavior are expected or encouraged.

Fair enough, it was not a smart thing for him tosay.

2. Perhaps the people calling him out are NOT the ones calling international breaks useless? On this point, almost all the complaints are usually about friendlies, NOT qualifiers.

3. What in the world is the link between being skilled at something, and being able to critique it? Movie critics are not filmmakers, food critics are not chefs, and most times the best football pundits are not ex-players. You watch a movie and you can identify great actors from shitty ones, same in football. No one is saying "Ronaldo is a scrub, I could do it better". Learn about context.

Absolutely wrong. I should not be telling people how to perform open heart surgery if I have no idea how to do it. Just like people who have no idea how to play football should be telling everyone how it should be done.  To use a movie critic as an example (which is a bad one since art is very subjective) you can not talk about someone not being a good actor or writer or director etc, if you have never done any of those thing.

4. Where does the manager hater even come from. This one is just out of the blue. Are people not supposed to appreciate such an important aspect of the sport?

The problem is people are putting way too much importance on the manager.  If you have played football, a manager is maybe 1/10 of your team.  It takes a personality and some knowledge,no denying that, but people think the manager controls 100 percent of the game.  Many players dont listen to managers and will play how they play, regardless of the managers and they are very good, important players to the team regardless.  Maybe as an Italian you hold managers in higher regard, since Italian footballers generally tend to be more disciplined and rely more on following the coah's tactics and less on skill?  Or maybe you are just pedantic?

5. You keep bringing up computer football games. I'm sure some play them, but you know probably everyone here likes football first and foremost because of... football! not necessarily playing FIFA or FM.

But people tend to think that all you need to do is change a formation and that will win you the game, it is because in these games, that is how you win the game. It does not work that way in real life
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 15 Nov 2016, 23:40

How does calling Muller a douchebag relate to Trump getting elected lmfao
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed 16 Nov 2016, 00:09

The Trump part has to do with people clinging on and believing what the press tells them. i.e The press make Muller look bad and naughty and a douche bag for saying playing minnows is a waste of time, even though that is exactly what they preach all the time.

elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 16 Nov 2016, 01:00

Unpopular opinion: Muller is right. I would have all the countries with a pop < 100k play their own qualifier and the winner gets to make it to the play offs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed 16 Nov 2016, 02:20

I played with a decent Serie B player when I was in my late 20s in an amateur league. He was in his late 30s and had retired from football immigrated to the U.S. and was a house painter. I had played 1st team at a U.S. university (Rutgers) while at school. The guy was so much better than me (and the other players in the league) it wasn't funny. He could place a ball on my head while I was running towards goal and I would score without knowing about it. The worst of the guys some of you claim are bums are amazing footballers.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 16 Nov 2016, 05:36

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Unpopular opinion: Muller is right. I would have all the countries with a pop < 100k play their own qualifier and the winner gets to make it to the play offs.

This seems fair to me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 16 Nov 2016, 11:54

breva wrote:I played with a decent Serie B player when I was in my late 20s in an amateur league. He was in his late 30s and had retired from football immigrated to the U.S. and was a house painter. I had played 1st team at a U.S. university (Rutgers) while at school. The guy was so much better than me (and the other players in the league) it wasn't funny. He could place a ball on my head while I was running towards goal and I would score without knowing about it. The worst of the guys some of you claim are bums are amazing footballers.

Off course, but it's all relative.

I've played against a mediocre ex second division footballer, when he was still in his prime. My team lost 5-6 and he scored or created allt he opposition goals.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:23

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Unpopular opinion: Muller is right.

No-one said otherwise as far as I know..... The problem was the way he worded and expressed his feelings. And that was, frankly, an absolutely pathetic insult towards the people of San Marino's national team. He's a major dickhead who cannot show even a little pinch of respect.

How can you defend that?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 16 Nov 2016, 16:25

Micecats stop hating on Müller and get your arse over to the Last Man standing game
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 16 Nov 2016, 17:15

Nah, I'm not into any football related games lately. Not watching much footy in general nowadays. Lost interest a little.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 16 Nov 2016, 17:34

You don't need to be interested much to write down the name of a team, any team. Come on.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 16 Nov 2016, 18:31

Yeah, probably
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 02 Feb 2017, 13:13

4 goals in 24 games this season?! thank god you kept turning down our bids for him

think even Fellaini has been more prolific this season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next