Kaladin
RealGunner
VivaStPauli
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
50 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 20 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
Lex wrote:

Because, as I've stated before, it would show the EU's true colours. This wasn't a secret referendum. The EU knew full well this could happen and if they want to take it personally, that's their problem. If they want to act like jilted bitches, so be it. And no-one's been bad mouthing the EU except Britain's citizens. I know Juncker is always pushing for a superstate where the residents aren't allowed to question dictatorship, but thankfully, we don't tow the line like Cameron did

U.S. is one of a dozen markets to trade with. If the U.S. don't want to play ball, we can simply take our custom elsewhere
everyone will still do business with Britain. nobody and I mean nobody will turn down money.

Wales did. hmm

I've never been particularly into the whole UNITED KINGDOM, GREAT BRITAIN thing. I'm English. But it is kind of sad that hundreds of years of bloody history will be thrown away now with Soctland and most likely NI gaining independence.
but will Scotland get more out of the eu than they do out of being part of Britain. I doubt it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 20 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:13 pm

This is assuming Scotland don't get blocked. Surely they'd want some sort of EU wide informal agreement first before *bleep* off and finding out they're not allowed in.

Hell even then it's still risky.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 pm

With Cameron resigning, who is going to be the next PM and is he/she going to be any good? Boris is fun when he's in the background; do people in England actually want that carefree buffoon in charge? If not, who then?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 pm

It will almost 100% be one of the figureheads for 'leave'

Borris/Gove will lead the EU deals i'd imagine one of them will get their parties backing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Lex wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Lex wrote:Then don't call me and 52% of the country inbred or idiots, fam. You lost. Deal with it with some grace.

If you take it too personal, that's your bloody problem. It doesn't take a scientist to realise how dumb a decision this is.

And what? You think the EU are just going to bend over and let the UK get whatever favorable trade deals they want? They're going to go out of their way to make it as hard as possible for us. They'll use us as a "scaptegoat" for any other country thinking of leaving the EU. AT THE VERY BEST, we'll get deals that bring us right back to where we were before the referendum, at which point, what would then have been the point of crashing the economy and tanking our currency to a 31 year low? Hell, they can even decide to be petty and add conditions of us accepting x number of immigrants as part of any deal. So then what would the point have been?

Throw in the inevitable breakaway of Scotland(who voted to remain in the UK BECAUSE they wanted to remain in the EU, in case you've forgotten) and possibly Northern Ireland and this whole talk of "we have the 5th largest economy in the world, we'll bounce back" goes straight out the window. Say hello to England & Wales.

What an absolutely brilliant move. Congratulations.

Need more proof that idiots voted leave? Take a look at the huge outcry from the uneducated/misinformed/ignorant/deceived bunch who are regretting their leave votes.

Again, if you take it personal, that's your bloody business. You're not obligated to goad me into anything because of that.

When you call me and 52% of the electorate majourity inbreds and idiots, then yes, I do take it personally

If the EU decides to use us as an example to other countries that are thinking of leaving, then it'll prove what everyone's been saying about them for years to be true, that they're an elitist bunch of dictators who want to rule with an iron fist and don't want to listen to anything but their own voices, making our decision to leave that much more correct. In terms of striking deals, Australia seems do be doing alright, as well as the U.S. and Japan and pretty much any other country outside of the EU. Again, if Juncker wants to make life difficult for us, that shows what a petty little shit he is and proves we were better off out than in, hopefully causing more countries to follow suit

If you want to say I'm wrong, fine. But don't insult my and other's character and intelligence by hurling abuse because you didn't get your way. If you don't want to be "goaded", don't make such shambolic generalisations

"Yeah we'll be royally screwed but everyone else will see that they're evil so they'll start thinking of leaving too" is basically what you're alluding to. Exactly what purpose that serves, I'm having a hard time putting together.

One thing you're failing to realise is that Australia and the US and whoever else you want to mention ALREADY have trade deals set in stone. They're not the ones having to renegotiate NEW deals right now.

Also love how you conveniently ignored the fact that the UK's economy is definitely going to shrink. We'll also be left with just England and Wales. If you thought it was just speculation and "overreaction" about Scotland, here's your proof: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36621030

Northern Ireland will be next.

Major businesses will relocate their base to Germany and France. I don't even want to start going into all the massive, massive disadvantages that just end up making the motivation of the leave voters counterproductive.

And how do you explain the millions who are regretting their leave votes right now? Oh they weren't idiots? Fine. Let's just call them misinformed and/or gullible. We'll have it your way. You can smile now.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
Lex wrote:

Because, as I've stated before, it would show the EU's true colours. This wasn't a secret referendum. The EU knew full well this could happen and if they want to take it personally, that's their problem. If they want to act like jilted bitches, so be it. And no-one's been bad mouthing the EU except Britain's citizens. I know Juncker is always pushing for a superstate where the residents aren't allowed to question dictatorship, but thankfully, we don't tow the line like Cameron did

U.S. is one of a dozen markets to trade with. If the U.S. don't want to play ball, we can simply take our custom elsewhere
everyone will still do business with Britain. nobody and I mean nobody will turn down money.

Wales did. hmm

I've never been particularly into the whole UNITED KINGDOM, GREAT BRITAIN thing. I'm English. But it is kind of sad that hundreds of years of bloody history will be thrown away now with Soctland and most likely NI gaining independence.
but will Scotland get more out of the eu than they do out of being part of Britain. I doubt it.

They will. Scotland will still be top 20 richest countries in the world if they are independent of the UK. Scotland doesn't rely on the UK for anything. With the EU, they will sign on the terms which will be beneficial for them as Sturgeon is far far more competent than Cameron.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Unique wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Unique wrote:oh no. how will Britain survive without Estonia rofl rofl
Estonia is a part of the EU. And you probably forget that any deal the UK wants to get out of the EU on their departure has to be sanctioned by all 27 of them?
yeah and I bet they are pissed right off that they have just lost a big fat cash cow.

The EU receives £8bn from the UK annually.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35943216

The EU's annual budget is €143bn.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_the_European_Union

While it's a hit, it's hardly a catastrophic loss for them. Calm down.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Wales did. hmm

They will. Scotland will still be top 20 richest countries in the world if they are independent of the UK. Scotland doesn't rely on the UK for anything. With the EU, they will sign on the terms which will be beneficial for them as Sturgeon is far far more competent than Cameron.

That sounds awfully high for a place like Scotland

According to Global finance magazine the UK, all together, is only barely in the top 30

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/economic-data/richest-countries-in-the-world?page=12

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 pm

I'll up my Whiskey consumption to support Scotland if they leave.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Wales did. hmm

it wasent that long ago that Scotland were using more money from the tax man than they were giving. in other words they were operating at a loss.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Wales did. hmm

That sounds awfully high for a place like Scotland

According to Global finance magazine the UK, all together, is only barely in the top 30

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/economic-data/richest-countries-in-the-world?page=12

Based on GDP sorry. 'Rich' has a new meaning these days.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm

GDPpc is such a daft model tbh :coffee:

Anyway, from what I saw Scotlands is higher than that of UK as a whole. Don't know if it's top20, but that's not really the point and they can't be far from it when the UK as a whole is 27.

Unique wrote: it wasent that long ago that Scotland were using more money from the tax man than they were giving. in other words they were operating at a loss.
You mean they were investing? hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Freeza wrote:I'll up my Whiskey consumption to support Scotland if they leave.

I've been doing that for the last 5 years #braveheart

Seriously, though, England's political leaders after Cameron look dismal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

zigra wrote:GDPpc is such a daft model tbh :coffee:

Anyway, from what I saw Scotlands is higher than that of UK as a whole. Don't know if it's top20, but that's not really the point and they can't be far from it when the UK as a whole is 27.

Unique wrote: it wasent that long ago that Scotland were using more money from the tax man than they were giving. in other words they were operating at a loss.
no. they were using more tax money than they were giving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214477/Nine-Scottish-households-benefits-pay-tax.html

this was from 2012. I'm not sure how much has changed since then.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm

David Cameron.
That' is what Wilhelm  Wundt called the Heterogonie der Zwecke .
An unintended consequences of intentional actions.
He believed to win and so the referendum  had to consolidate his position , but conversely Brexit won ( and so he lost it ) and he was obliged to resign. It will be reminded as the man to have taken away England from EU . A real inept.
It's difficult to image what it will happen now, because you can't predict on short period in this world..
I believe England will regret soon this choice  anyway .. Eeven the result show a precarious balance that it can be overturned soon ( and considering the minds behind Brexit, a project based on what exactly ? ).  It is the result of a narrow range , just 2 % , and  this can be danger when it means to change the future history of your country. Then polls report the young mass youth voted largely for Remain , exactly who should lead the country for the next decade.  It's easy to imagine who contribued for Brexit's victory were  the old pp feared  for immigrants.
Besides I prefer not spending words on Nigel Farage.
Ah yes, UK doesn't make sense now , and thinking many Scottish ppl voted against indipendence because they didn't want to leave EU (and infact 63% ) lol
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Anyway , Charles De Gaulle won another battle even 45 years after his death

For who is still EU states , it' d be a good idea to terminate this version of " United Europe " , failed. And finding another.
Possibly different from a larger German confederation
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:

Wales did. hmm

Not wanting to lose the value of the pound and move to the Euro was the biggest reason as to why Scotland decided to stay.

The minute the value of the pound dips below the euro they are gone.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Wales did. hmm

Not wanting to lose the value of the pound and move to the Euro was the biggest reason as to why Scotland decided to stay.

The minute the value of the pound dips below the euro they are gone.
I cant see that happening tbh
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 pm

saw this today
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Robespierre wrote:David Cameron...

He believed to win and so the referendum  had to consolidate his position , but conversely Brexit won ( and so he lost it ) and he was obliged to resign. It will be reminded as the man to have taken away England from EU . A real inept

I don't think the Brexit is on Cameron, if he didn't put it up for vote he would have caught a lot of hate for being anti-democratic about it. Cameron handled this well, imo, it just was 52% of the British people who decided to vote against him and the EU. Time will tell how wise that decision turns out to be. But all in all Cameron has done pretty well as the british prime minister, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:46 pm

It's unbelievable there's no ability to block, veto or filibuster the decision to allow a referendum on an issue this massive and complex, to go through on a vote of a simple majority, by a party who won on only 37% of the vote, from the other partys and elected officials all across the country.

This should never have been put up to a vote.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Can't the Queen like override this decision
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:51 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:

I don't know what the Queen would have decided if this was up to her, but a referendum is democracy at its best. However, I do think there should be a new Scottish independence referendum now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Unique wrote:
zigra wrote:GDPpc is such a daft model tbh :coffee:

no. they were using more tax money than they were giving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214477/Nine-Scottish-households-benefits-pay-tax.html

this was from 2012. I'm not sure how much has changed since then.
Ah I got you wrong then. Have to look into this more detailed later.

VendettaRed07 wrote:It's unbelievable there's no ability to block, veto or filibuster the decision to allow a referendum on an issue this massive and complex, to go through on a vote of a simple majority, by a party who won on only 37% of the vote, from the other partys and elected officials all across the country.

Yeah I think a bit strange that a decision like that doesn't need something like 2/3 of the votes.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm

ES wrote:Can't the Queen like override this decision
no. in years gone by the queen would behead the traitors that gave the country away in the first place. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Even if I was massively pro EU (Which I would have been if we had the ability to actually push for changes without getting shut down) I'd still be careful about all of this bullshit about a '2nd referendum' or *Insert high profile figure here* blocking the decision

Democracy has it's flaws but if you set the precedent now that democracy only counts when it leads to a pre-determined answer and the people in power can overrule democracy because YOLO then it won't be long before we're all voting on something like human rights and oh wait, what's that? The PM is saying our votes don't matter and he doesn't care?

What I would say, if imo for pulling out of something you should perhaps need a larger majority in the future. Closer to 60%.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next