eelir
Bankz
futbol
Myesyats
Lucifer
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao - Page 3 Empty Re: La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 pm

linetty wrote:Yeah Inaki Williams is class. Clearly 100% Basque though. :whistle:

born in Bilbao.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao - Page 3 Empty Re: La Liga- Barca vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Both parents are Spaniards?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 pm

linetty wrote:Yeah Inaki Williams is class. Clearly 100% Basque though. :whistle:

He IS Basque....not sure what your insinuating.

Anyways, Neymar just scored a ROCKET...this game is DONE.

Atletico, Bilbao, Real Madrid are all out. Sevilla and Valencia are only real threats to not retain the cup at this point Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:22 pm

linetty wrote:Both parents are Spaniards?

I was born in the USA, I am therefor an American citizen....even though both my parents are born and raised in Mexico. I don't get what your saying; he IS Basque.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Well technically you're not 100% American because Mexican blood flows through your veins.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:27 pm

sense a bit of racism here? like how relevant is that comment anyways
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:27 pm

linetty wrote:Well technically you're not 100% American because Mexican blood flows through your veins.

:facepalm: then no one is american unless your a native american
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:29 pm

linetty wrote:Well technically you're not 100% American because Mexican blood flows through your veins.

Whats this 100% nonsense? What matters is my birth certificate...if World War 3 brakes out I'm going to be drafted to fight for USA, not Mexico because I am an American citizen, not a Mexican citizen.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 pm

He's an American of Mexican descent. Are you people really so out of touch with this world?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Exactly....then I'm an American....

Just how Inaki is Basque...

No one is talking about his descent
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Laughing linetty sounds like a product of trumps bullshit
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Exactly

Like some red neck bullshit...."HE"S NOT MY COLOR SO HE DON'T BELONG HERE"
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 pm

linetty wrote:He's an American of Mexican descent. Are you people really so out of touch with this world?

There is a huge difference between your 2 statements. The former is right but the later is just nonsense.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm not saying Inaki can't play for Bilbao... Just that he can't be a 100% Basque because of yeah his skin colour. I was just wondering if one of his parents is like from Africa or something. Just curious.

Get offended cause I asked an innocent question, right... You're so sensitive you should feel offended. Cut that crap out.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 pm

linetty wrote:Yeah Inaki Williams is class. Clearly 100% Basque though.  :whistle:

that's not a question you imbecile.

and i'm not offended just pointing out how ignorant / uneducated you sound
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:49 pm

'are both of his parents Spaniards?'

Go to bed kid.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:56 pm

of course he can be 100% Basuqe...he is born there so therefore he is 100% Basque. It's not like he's only a fifth because his parents were born elsewhere.

Whenever I travel back and forth from Mexico, per my birth certificate I am 100% American and I need a passport just like any other American would to be able to cross the border. They don't go by my skin tone or what my first and last name sound like (or my fabulous good looks)

Your original comment was not asking where his parents were from...it came off very discriminative due to his skin tone. I just googled him, his mom is Liberian and his father is from Ghana since you were wondering. Sounds like they lived in Basque county a while before he was born and he has lived there his whole life. I'm sure he feels and considers himself Basque, regardless of what people think just due to his skin tone.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:57 pm

linetty wrote:'are both of his parents Spaniards?'

Go to bed kid.

after trying to insult him by saying he can't be basque based on the color of his skin
rofl
voting for trump this fall?

do you also make videos on youtube screaming out racist remarks then saying "it's a prank bro"?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:07 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I'm just baffled by how quickly some get offended. I mean,all it took was his black skin tone to create a shit storm really, this is getting way out of hand. People playing the racist card all the time.

It turns out in 2016 that whenever you say something that might slightly come off as offensive towards black skin toned people you get called a racist and an uneducated animal and whatnot. But when the opposite happens it's completely fine. Just look at the Oscars and the buzz around it lately.

Its straight off ridiculous. I have nothing against anyone and I even do have a black friend. But honestly the stuff I hear these days.

You know what. I changed my mind. I do have something against people. But I hate everyone equally therefore I'm not racist.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Donut... Just go to sleep kiddo.

I've never seen a black Basque before and it doesn't make me anything that I question things.

And certainly you don't have the right to judge me.

I don't care about America and I don't have the right to vote you bright kid.

HEY, WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHEN YOU CAN'T BE RACIST TOWARDS WHITE PEOPLE BUT YOU CAN'T CALL A BLACK PERSON ANYTHING AND THEY ARE SO INNOCENT WOW.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 am

Relax everyone, Linetty was not trying to be offensive.

Comparing Spanish laws to American ones is not exactly precise, as America works under jus soli (if you're born in America you're American) whereas Spain works under jus sanguinis (if one of your parents is Spanish then you're Spanish), so Linetty is correct to wonder whether he has any Spanish heritage.

The answer is that Inaki William's parents are refugees who escaped to Spain, where they obtained Spanish citizenship and had him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:41 am

This is probably the dumbest conversation we've had in the barca section tbh

Through to the next round cheers and what a goal by Neymar...watching him play is an absolute joy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you BC.

One person with correctly functioning brain. At last.

Wanted to say another thing or two but not gonna waste any more of my time for some certain uneducated individuals.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:50 am

Iñaki Williams is basquer than Llorente, who is from La Rioja. And they chose a basque name for him, like Iñaki, so I guess his parents wanted him to feel at home.

Also, he is not the first black player Athletic had. Jonas Ramalho also debuted for them.

Going by the theory of the descent, we are all from african descent. So we should all say, I'm a catalan (or american or whatever) from african descent.

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Relax everyone, Linetty was not trying to be offensive.

Comparing Spanish laws to American ones is not exactly precise, as America works under jus soli (if you're born in America you're American) whereas Spain works under jus sanguinis (if one of your parents is Spanish then you're Spanish), so Linetty is correct to wonder whether he has any Spanish heritage.

The answer is that Inaki William's parents are refugees who escaped to Spain, where they obtained Spanish citizenship and had him.

In spain, if you are born there you also have spanish nationality, regardless of parents nationality.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 am

On the game, terrible first half, and much better second half after they tired. Neymar was sensational, although he should have tried to dive less and shoot more, while Suarez and Messi were quite bad for their standards.

Mathieu and Vermalen a joke again. Mascherano as DM was poor. He can't play there when we are pressed. Roberto is much better. Then he played as CB and was much better though he made a stupid mistake towards the end trying to cover a ball outside the pitch, that almost costed us a goal.

Btw, Roberto is growing as a player by the day. The pass he made to Messi for the first goal, and that very powerful long shot he made towards the end... he didn't do this stuff just 6 months ago.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next