Kaladin
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
81 posters

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Zidane Sack Watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Zidane Sack Watch

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:33 am

i won't say he's overrated. that word like a word like "legend" has slowly started to lose significance. i have my reservations on pep; now my reservations aren't "he has to go and win titles at stoke" nor "he has to win the treble with bayern". even if bayern won in his first year, i'd still have my reservations. he's a good manager, he has his ideas, they work for him, and he's done okay so far in getting his players to buy into these ideas

my reservations stem largely from different clubs faced with issues wanting pep. i've seen some arsenal fans calling for him (very disrespectful to arsene might i add), even fans at italian clubs. and my thing is, if you don't necessarily have that clout from a financial standpoint, its not going to work. with arsenal and pep, i don't think they'll just be a player or two away for him to feel comfortable with that move.....this isn't a jab at him, the same goes for a manager like mourinho as well. it seems there's this, "pep will come to our team and we'll smoke everyone"....correlation doesn't mean causation. he's been at the right place at the right time

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:34 am

that notwithstanding, i respect his move to england. its a different ball game. not due to on pitch competition, cos some of their top sides are playing extreme toilet football, but the financial competition. it won't be like signing gotze, and then signing lewandowski (arsenal have been a selling club for a bit, but i think that's over). and its not just city and chelsea that can spend; utd, arsenal and even spurs can make some noise

also there's a managerial rivalry as well. in spain there's largely been some sort of managerial diplomacy (mourinho aside), and even coaches on smaller sides have shown admiration for his style that they too attempt to string passes together even though they don't have the right squad for that. in england u have guys like allardyce, lol who hates anything or anyone that stands for aesthetically pleasing football, or tries to over-think the game. not to mention other battles with the likes of mou, klopp, arsene. i predict pep's city will always beat wenger though, cos wenger can be very naive

that said, had pep chosen to go to psg, my reservations of him would have turned into something totally negative, and i would probably go the 'overrated' route. he's a good coach, he has the resume and that's fair enough, but he's not my best coach nor manager. ...i kind of separate between coaching and managing
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:17 am

chad4401 wrote:give it a rest when rm met super bayern in pep first season, weren't all you pep fanboys predicting a 5-0 loss then too? neuer celebrating before the ball was even kicked Proud, now all of sudden heavy losses ain't a big deal.

again 11-2 losing home and away, the last 2 seasons, and arsenal already exposed them this season that the same flaws are present, so yes im looking for to meeting bayern too, can't be worse than 5-0 or 6-2 Cool.

Met your blind following anything that hype type before as well Proud.

arsenal did not deserve to win that game, they were dominated every second of it and it was pure luck that won it for them. That and a hand ball goal.
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:27 am

Are the teams he takes over better than when he got them?  I think they are.  Remember that he lost Ribery for the whole second half of his first season.  Javi Martinez and Thiago have missed significant time too.

Meanwhile he's developed kids like Coman and Costa.  Not to mention moving Lahm to the holding mid role has added years to Lahm's career.

I think Pep has generally done well.   Losing to Madrid and Barca in CL are nothing to be ashamed about.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:32 am

Neutropin wrote:
chad4401 wrote:give it a rest when rm met super bayern in pep first season, weren't all you pep fanboys predicting a 5-0 loss then too? neuer celebrating before the ball was even kicked Proud, now all of sudden heavy losses ain't a big deal.

again 11-2 losing home and away, the last 2 seasons, and arsenal already exposed them this season that the same flaws are present, so yes im looking for to meeting bayern too, can't be worse than 5-0 or 6-2 Cool.

arsenal did not deserve to win that game, they were dominated every second of it and it was pure luck that won it for them. That and a hand ball goal.

Dominated what? They created nothing the entire game, Arsenal deservedy won.

Now Bayern did thrash them in the second game and I'm not agreeing with Chad, I'm a big Pep fan. But credit where credits due, it was a good performance by Arsenal and they deserved their win.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:48 am

Cruijf wrote:
Neutropin wrote:

Dominated what? They created nothing the entire game, Arsenal deservedy won.

Now Bayern did thrash them in the second game and I'm not agreeing with Chad, I'm a big Pep fan. But credit where credits due, it was a good performance by Arsenal and they deserved their win.

did you watch the game? Zidane Sack Watch - Page 9 Arsenal-bayern-munich-champions-league_3366506
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:50 am

Not to mention Girouds goal was a hand ball, if it was disallowed there was a great probability Bayern would have won the game
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:15 am

What are these stats supposed to mean?

Bayern didn't create anything. Arsenal did. Arsenal scored. Bayern didn't.

It wasnt by any means a lucky, Chelsea vs Barca 2012 type of game. Arsenal defended well, and won deservedly.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Stop filling Zidane's appreciation thread with filth about Bayern and Pep

It is going to be very active this evening when we trash poverty Depor
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Rene Maric, a pretty good football writer wrote an analysis on Zidane's Castilla in German. Their isnt a translated version out, but you can get the gist of it through google translate. I asked a friend of mine who speaks German to translate some notes, so I'll post them below. http://spielverlagerung.de/2016/01/07/zinedine-zidane-und-real-madrid-castilla/

-Zidane's Castilla mostly played a 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1.

-Castilla do try playing a possession brand of football, but their are some obvious errors in their 'positional play'.

-They were pretty crap at building from the back, and regularly resorted to hoofing it up the pitch without any care to who the ball got to.

-Their offensive positioning was pretty bad. Attacking players would find trouble finding a man to pass the ball to in the middle, which lead to turnovers, so they would resort to starting the play all over again from the back.

- Although they do press aggressively their was a lack of balance.

-Team wasn't very compact and their was usually a large amount of distance from the defense and the offense.

- When playing with a 4-4-1-1, they were quite good. Odegaard would come inside with the RB overlapping, while the LW would stay wide.

- They were really good on the counterattack with a 4-4-1-1.

- In a 4-4-1-1 the FB would stay really wide, but the CB's stayed in the center, and since no DM would drop deep to allow the CB's to spread out, their was a huge space between the CB's and the FB's.

-Ends it off by saying that they do try to play a possession game, but their positioning is quite bad, and that they had some really basic errors. He ponders whether a lot of those errors were due to the players lack of quality and whether the first team can compensate for them.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Inb4 madrid loose to depor 2 - 0 Laughing
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Request to change the title to Zidane Sack Watch?

Aye
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Casciavit wrote:Rene Maric, a pretty good football writer wrote an analysis on Zidane's Castilla in German. Their isnt a translated version out, but you can get the gist of it through google translate. I asked a friend of mine who speaks to German to translate some notes, so I'll post them below. http://spielverlagerung.de/2016/01/07/zinedine-zidane-und-real-madrid-castilla/

-Zidane's Castilla mostly played a 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1.

-Castilla do try playing a possession brand of football, but their are some obvious errors in their 'positional play'.

-They were pretty crap at building from the back, and regularly resorted to hoofing it up the pitch without any care to who the ball got to.

-Their offensive positioning was pretty bad. Attacking players would find trouble finding a man to pass the ball to in the middle, which lead to turnovers, so they would resort to starting the play all over again from the back.

- Although they do press aggressively their was a lack of balance.

-Team wasn't very compact and their was usually a large amount of distance from the defense and the offense.

- When playing with a 4-4-1-1, they were quite good. Odegaard would come inside with the RB overlapping, while the LW would stay wide.

- They were really good on the counterattack with a 4-4-1-1.

- In a 4-4-1-1 the FB would stay really wide, but the CB's stayed in the center, and since no DM would drop deep to allow the CB's to spread out, their was a huge space between the CB's and the FB's.

-Ends it off by saying that they do try to play a possession game, but their positioning is quite bad, and that they had some really basic errors. He ponders whether a lot of those errors were due to the players lack of quality and whether the first team can compensate for them.
very accurate, and in the past two years exactly what i saw.

I am worried the same will happen with the first team.

@BC, done
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:05 pm

@Dante, alot of what was written there are correct. In fact thats how i would have described them. However, this Castilla team lacks quality players all over the field. I can think of 3 who are very good there rest are pretty average who would probably play in Segunda when we let go of them. Last season was a good indicator of his coaching and i would say he fared quite well although he just missed out on promotion in the end. We are 2nd right now but it doesnt reflect in the way we play. Last season the ball movement was quite good and we never relied on long balls. However last season we lacked quality forwards to put the chances away. We have 2 this season but we cant create chances
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:21 am

Meanwhile sportz caught fapping along the streets of paris!!!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:21 am

Meanwhile sportz caught fapping along the streets of paris!!!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 am

Bankz getting separate positive votes for same post :bow:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:41 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:@BC, done

Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:50 am

Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:59 am

Well, after game 1, the only thing one can say is impressive. Biggest difference vs Benitez is that ridiculous distance between lines is now gone. Much better team play and did you notice, all players in Benitez dog house played. Hell even Bale and Ronaldo made tackles!!

Only one game, but very good start.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:57 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:15 am

I enjoy hearing what managers has to say about their formers teams.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 am

It's funny to me that he says Zidane works Madrid harder physically than he does because "that's how you do it in Italy and Zidane learned that in Juventus".  Well, didn't Rafa spend some time in Serie A?? hmm

Second thing, Rafa says we're playing the same way under Zizou as under him in terms of shape.  That's is patently false... i mean it's borderline ridiculous.  We play a high defensive line in a 442 on defense and a 433 in offense under Zizou.  We played a low 433 on defense and a 4231 (often morphed into a 424 lol) with larger line gaps under Rafa.  There is absolutely NOTHING similar.  

He also had Casemiro playing low, Bale as the CAM, Danilo as the RB, etc.  The team choices are significantly different.

The whole interview was ridiculous.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:34 am

Zidane doing pretty good, getting a 2-0 victory away in Italy is a very good result.

Thumbs up
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:20 am

white_star wrote:Zidane doing pretty good, getting a 2-0 victory away in Italy is a very good result.

Thumbs up

It was a very shacky result and they only got it due to individual brilliance. Their teams was so unorganized
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:02 am

white_star wrote:Zidane doing pretty good, getting a 2-0 victory away in Italy is a very good result.

Thumbs up
pretty much, it's a good start, his ideas and what he would like to do as a coach are clear. It needs more work and maybe more players that fits his thinking
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next