Curtinho
Art Morte
McAgger
Nishankly
iftikhar
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool Empty Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:39 pm

I know it's kind of early and I don't exactly boast an enviable record in making match-day threads, but I'm doing it nevertheless  :coffee: .

Watford are currently two places and one points above Liverpool. They won three games on a row and in Odion Ighalo they have player who have scored the same amount of goals Coutinho, Benteke and Firmino did together. How good are Watford in set-pieces??? I'm genuinely worried.

However, we will have a week to prepare. Also, we will be playing away, which means Watford will be adventurous and there will be space for our forwards to operate/exploit. Lovren is out for few weeks but for a change, we have an even better player to take his place. Benteke and Firmino are currently going neck to neck in being awful and at least one of them will start. I think we will play three CM; Lucas, Henderson and Emre while up top, it's Coutinho-Lallana behind either Benteke or Firmino.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool Empty Re: Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Bad feeling about this one, If we dont start winning we are going to languish in midtable until Klopps gets new players. Klopp needs to realize this current crop of players are just above average and need enough tweaks.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool Empty Re: Stirring the Hornets Nest: Watford vs. Liverpool

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Season feels like shit when you're stuck in midtable all season.

We have to win this one.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Pretty much every away game is tough. But we're at a point where we need to start winning more games or the CL dream can be buried.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Klopp has said he's not interested in buying players, supposedly. Unlike some people here he thinks the players he has are very good and wants to work with them.

Then again the talent evaluators on this board really know a thing or two so maybe Klopp should be talking to them.

Either way, this is a game we need to win. It's time to get back on the winning track and even though Watford has not been an easy task this season there's really no reason we can't win this one.

Clyne - Skrtel - Toure - Moreno
Henderson - Lucas - Can
Ibe - Firmino/Origi - Coutinho

Is what I'd like to see.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:50 pm

What's the latest on Sakho? I think the Finnish commentator said in the West Brom game that Sakho is close to coming back, might even play against Watford? I'm not sure if I remember it right.

I'd play Curt's team but keep Benteke up front.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:54 am

Curtinho wrote:Klopp has said he's not interested in buying players, supposedly. Unlike some people here he thinks the players he has are very good and wants to work with them.

Don't be naive. He's never gonna come out and say he has shit players. Who would ever do that?

We'll buy improvements on many of the players that are currently starters in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:17 am

2 men upfront, Defenses have forgotten to deal with that. Leicester doing well with same tactic.

Origi and Benteke upfront. Last time we scored 6 with Sturridge and Origi upfront.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes, I also think a two-man attack on top of a diamond midfield could be the way.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Milner is injured. Sakho will start along side Skrtel.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Great if Sakho is back.

I miss playing on Saturdays Sad

Feels like we've hardly ever had Saturday games this season, due to the EL.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:10 pm

With the form we are in, Your avatar suits the scenario.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:09 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Klopp has said he's not interested in buying players, supposedly. Unlike some people here he thinks the players he has are very good and wants to work with them.

Don't be naive. He's never gonna come out and say he has shit players. Who would ever do that?

We'll buy improvements on many of the players that are currently starters in the summer.

I doubt it. He won't say that because he knows it isn't true. We don't really need a lot of upgrades tbh...maybe 3 starters should really be improved on a reliable striker (or just getting Sturridge/Benteke healthy and consistent playing time), an additional central midfielder to play with Henderson and Lucas, and a centreback to replace Skrtel (though I still think Lovren/Sakho could be the way to go moving forward as Lovren has been great under Klopp).

I guess I forgot the keeper but everyone knows that Mignolet is shit.

Way too much criticism of this team's personnell when it's really not that bad and certainly good enough to make top 4 at this point.

iftikhar wrote:Yes, I also think a two-man attack on top of a diamond midfield could be the way.

I love the diamond, and two striker formations, to be honest. I feel like we need them more.

I would love to see a rotation of a two striker system though with Sturridge/Firmino/Origi/Benteke playing up front Coutinho/Lallana playing behind them with Henderson and Can/Milner on the side and Lucas behind them.

Though I think the team could be successful with a flat 4 - 4 - 2 as well to be honest. Henderson - Lucas centrally and then guys like Lallana, Coutinho, Ibe, Milner, etc. playing wide.

Anyway just hope we can get a win on this one to go into Christmas with.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:31 pm

I don't have much hope of us winning this or any game tbh. we are as inconsistent now as we were under Rodgers. people saying the squad is not that good. I agree the squad is not good enough to win the champions lge or prem lge. but when people are saying we need investment to beat teams like palace. west brom and Newcastle after spending over 100mil then something is badly wrong imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Unique wrote: I agree the squad is not good enough to win the champions lge or prem lge. but when people are saying we need investment to beat teams like palace. west brom and Newcastle after spending over 100mil then something is badly wrong imo.

agree. What we must take into account is relative lack of experience and also transition phase which the whole club is going through. This is the phase where nothing is in concrete and players and manager have to adopt the trial and error method to develop a ideal gameplan which can be used as template. Regarding losing to lesser teams Man city and Manu and Chelsea also have struggled against lesser opponents and they have much more better teams than Liverpool. It does sound cliche and repetitive but u need to give it some time.
Now against Liverpool at Anfield teams are going to PTB especially so called lesser teams and Klopp has to find solution for it either buy someone in midfield or create one from the likes of Can. Don't know why but always think Matuidi will be very gud buy for Liverpool.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Blame Rodgers for that, We can't do it clearly right now. Hopefully Klopp can get us going by January.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Must win.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:54 am

We're not playing at Anfield so it's 3 points in the bag. Hopefully Benteke and Firminho don't play together because they disrupt each other to the point that it's actually painful to watch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:56 am

Must capitalize on United's loss. 3 points will bring us within 2 points of top 4.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:04 am

When did we recruit futbol? Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:23 am

^ The day we were linked to Alex Song by the Mirror.

Nervous about this game, Watford have been one stubborn side. I watched United get a lucky 2-1 win here a month ago and it would be just so bloody typical if we played better than them but still lost or drew.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 am

Pls. I'm a life long Liverpool supporter since 13/14. #nogloryhunter Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Bogdan, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino

Apparently Mig has a hamstring strain, so Bogdan starts. Good to see him get a PL start anyway.

Sakho's back :bow:

And interesting that Benteke benched for Firmino up top and two playmakers Coutinho and Lallana both start.

Let's go do this!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:38 pm

Happy with that.

So happy with Sakho being back.

Also glad Milner is nowhere to be seen. About time. Mignolet needs this break, he's been worse as of late, even more so than usual.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:46 pm

The good thing is if Bogdan performs good, Klopp just might keep him for few more games.
Milner finally dropped :bow:
Can and Henderson both will try to do a little more than cross the ball.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next