McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Empty Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:16 pm

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/BC9B/production/_86538284_cristiano_ronaldo_graphic.png

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is the best footballer in the world and comparable with the game's all-time greats.

In an interview with the BBC sports editor Dan Roan, the Real Madrid forward said he had reached a level from where it is "not easy to improve".
The Portuguese, 30, is a three-time world footballer of the year, and Real's all-time leading goalscorer.

He said: "I don't need to say 'I'm in the history of football, I'm a legend'. The numbers say everything."

Ronaldo, who joined Real from Manchester United in 2009 for £80m, said he had reached an "unbelievable" level on the pitch over the "last eight years" and wants to continue playing for another five or six seasons.

His career record stands at 504 goals in 760 appearances.

"To improve more it's very tough. I just want to maintain because this is I think the most difficult part for a football player," said Ronaldo, who is also the Champions League's top scorer with 82 goals.

"In my mind, I'm always the best. I don't care what people think, what they say. In my mind, not just this year but always, I'm always the best," he added.
Ronaldo was asked about comparisons with Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi, a four-time world player of the year with 418 goals in 492 club appearances.

He said: "It's opinions, I respect the opinions. Maybe in your opinion Messi is better than me, but in my mind I am better than him. So it's simple."

Ronaldo joined Manchester United from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon for £12.2m in 2003, scoring 118 goals for the club in 292 appearances.
Since moving to Madrid, where he is under contract until 2018, he has scored 326 goals in 314 matches.

Rest of the interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34737914
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Doc Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Fair enough, can't really fight this down in my humble opinion. The man thinks highly of himself and has the credentials to back it up. My own opinion of that is Messi is clearly the better footballer but this is a tale of opinions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Boring interview. Dan Roan should have asked him more interesting questions. For example when and why he came up with the idea to do that blowjob face celebration after scoring.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Somewhere Jiopsi is preparing his excel sheets.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:28 pm

inb4 Harmonica ffs Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 pm

The amount of times he's said 'I dont care what people think of me' 'Haters can hate' etc, seems to give the opposite impression (at least to me)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:31 pm

futbol wrote:Boring interview. Dan Roan should have asked him more interesting questions. For example when and why he came up with the idea to do that blowjob face celebration after scoring.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" I-cant-gif
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
futbol wrote:Boring interview. Dan Roan should have asked him more interesting questions. For example when and why he came up with the idea to do that blowjob face celebration after scoring.

Spoiler:

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Cristiano%20posing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Freeza wrote:Somewhere Jiopsi is preparing his excel sheets.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" Barack-Cheesin
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:59 pm

The film is a remarkable vanity project and, even more than before, it is difficult not to come away with the feeling that Ronaldo must shout his own name during sex. He and his agent, Jorge Mendes, appear to have a relationship of mutual worship. Mendes, Ronaldo says, is “the best, the Cristiano Ronaldo of agents” and it is difficult to keep count of the number of times they get lost in each other’s eyes, reminding one another of their success and wealth and shiny brilliance.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/05/cristiano-ronaldo-film-messi
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:48 am

Joffrey Baratheon: I am the king! I will punish you!
Tywin Lannister: Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 am

I dont think Ronaldo would be the player he is if he didnt think that. If he doesnt think he is the best then who would? We all know messi's better but in his own world let him think whatever.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:15 am

Clutch wrote:I dont think Ronaldo would be the player he is if he didnt think that. If he doesnt think he is the best then who would? We all know messi's better but in his own world let him think whatever.
Absolutely, he can think whatever he wants, and if it helps him keep his level elite then so be it. But if he's so arrogant as to say it so unapologetically like this compared to guys like Messi or fatty Ronaldo ("I never wanted to be the best, I only wanted to be good") then he can't complain if people make fun of him for it.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:30 am

His career record stands at 504 goals in 760 appearances.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:41 am

He's a top 20 at best.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The film is a remarkable vanity project and, even more than before, it is difficult not to come away with the feeling that Ronaldo must shout his own name during sex. He and his agent, Jorge Mendes, appear to have a relationship of mutual worship. Mendes, Ronaldo says, is “the best, the Cristiano Ronaldo of agents” and it is difficult to keep count of the number of times they get lost in each other’s eyes, reminding one another of their success and wealth and shiny brilliance.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/05/cristiano-ronaldo-film-messi

Awesome article. Laughing

"These parts are fascinating and, at times, Ronaldo comes across as so lonely it is a good job he enjoys his own company so much. "
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:06 am

I always wanted Madrid to sell him, so they'd be worse. But now, I wish that he signs an extension and retires there. He is clearly declining (probably not even second best player in the world now) and his super-mega-ego will be very hard to cope for Real Evil in the next years.

Ronaldo forever a merengue.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:50 am

Clutch wrote:I dont think Ronaldo would be the player he is if he didnt think that. If he doesnt think he is the best then who would? We all know messi's better but in his own world let him think whatever.
So its okay for arbeloa to think he's the best?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:55 am

his ego disgusts me. i think he wouldve been even better without it. he just doesnt want to learn. smart and infinitely talented player who works incredibly hard, just held back by his narcissism..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:57 am

free_cat wrote:I always wanted Madrid to sell him, so they'd be worse. But now, I wish that he signs an extension and retires there. He is clearly declining (probably not even second best player in the world now) and his super-mega-ego will be very hard to cope for Real Evil in the next years.

Still better if Madrid sells Ronaldo than keeps him. Regardless of his decline, his potential replacements are not at his level. The only two who are are in Barcelona.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:02 am

I've booked tickets to see the 'Ronaldo live premier' on Monday. Gonna be good.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:24 am

El Messico wrote:
free_cat wrote:I always wanted Madrid to sell him, so they'd be worse. But now, I wish that he signs an extension and retires there. He is clearly declining (probably not even second best player in the world now) and his super-mega-ego will be very hard to cope for Real Evil in the next years.

Still better if Madrid sells Ronaldo than keeps him. Regardless of his decline, his potential replacements are not at his level. The only two who are are in Barcelona.

Maybe right now, but just from next season, I doubt he couldn't be replaced better, especially considering how it disrupts the teamwork and chemistry.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 am

Legend already. :bow:
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 am

Bankz wrote:
So its okay for arbeloa to think he's the best?

I'm certain most pro footballers think they are the best. Maybe Arbeloa doesn't think he's the best in his position but he is a pro footballer, has played for some huge teams, travelled the world, won some big trophies and he's a multi-millionaire. If the usual bank manager with € 150k yearly income already thinks he's a God, Patrick Bateman style, how big do you think the ego of someone like Arbeloa is going to be? Let alone the ego of real world class super star players. Therefore I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Even Bendtner thinks he's the best. Laughing RG with DAT poverty GOAL.com headline attempt.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next