How do you say provincial in german?

+3
futbol
Hapless_Hans
gnrfan
7 posters

Go down

How do you say provincial in german? Empty How do you say provincial in german?

Post by gnrfan Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm sure we're all familiar with the Italian term "provinciale." It pretty much means small time, unambitious, and not willing to take the next step and act like a big shot. Normally I'd describe teams like sampdoria, napoli, and arsenal as provinciale. Willing to sell their best players, identifying obvious weaknesses in their squad but not willing to bite the bullet and pay the big bucks to fix it. For the first time though I'm seeing a big club acting in a provincial way; I'm speaking of course of the mighty Bayern Munchen. This is a club that it at the height of it's cycle with several world class players(ribery, robben, schweini) nearing the end of their cycle. Their annual turnover is around 500 million with a very healthy debt situation. Why then aren't they willing to spend in the premium parts of the transfer market? Instead they're looking to replace generational talents like robben, ribery and bastian with kimmich and douglas costa. They can easily afford 50, even a hundred mill on players like de bruyne and hazard. Their contemporaries like utd, real, and barca do it without a 2nd thought. Instead I think they are stuck in a rut similar to barca's a masia fetish a few years back and wenger's antics over the past decade; just because these moneyball tactics worked once mean it will continue, and the fall from the top is swift. Just look at Inter which had one of the best squads in the world just 4-5 years ago. They've fallen off the wagon, and unless you're an english giant with the sky hype machine ur prestigious will plummet faster than a dead mafioso to the bottom of the ocean. Now the avg football fan talks about inter like they're on par with southampton. The barca board realize this, that they cant rely on the masia forever and must start making galactico signings when needed, and look where it has landed them. I think bayern must start acting like a club of their stature and do the same.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do you say provincial in german? Empty Re: How do you say provincial in german?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:12 pm

use google translate
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

How do you say provincial in german? Empty Re: How do you say provincial in german?

Post by futbol Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:use google translate

And also paragraphs.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:14 pm

provinziell
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:provinziell

This.

Also, as for the OP suggestion and question, we got a Bayern Munich transfer thread, the Piggy transfer thread, and my Pep bashing thread, we hardly need a fourth.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:12 pm

According to some, Bayern are losing their local identity, according to others, we're too provincial.
Guess you can't please everyone Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:12 pm

You're managing both ATM; buying cheap rejects, yet still overpaying for them, and they're from far away.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Bundesfodder
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:48 am

Lebensraum.

Too soon?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down