Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Horizon: Zero Dawn  - Page 3 Empty Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:09 am

Most of the previews seem to agree with you on that Red

During a hands-on session that followed the demo, I got to try out some of Aloy's ranged and melee abilities in a sequence where I was challenged to complete a number of objectives. These included things like taking down a set number of watchers and overriding bigger creatures and then riding them to attack a group of other Machines. It was intense and challenging, in part because the enemies are quite intelligent, never staying in one place for too long and attacking from all sides. It's thrilling to be in a battle with these unique-looking beasts. And the numerous ways in which you can defeat them brings about an element of strategy that I was not expecting.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-and-the-thrill-of-the-hunt/1100-6440905/

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Guerrilla Games surprised and intrigued many when it debuted its new franchise, Horizon Zero Dawn, at E3 in 2015. The Dutch developer is best known for its work on the Killzone franchise, but after toiling on that series for over a decade, decided it was time to change things up. Horizon Zero Dawn is an open-world action/RPG starring a fierce redhead named Aloy. She must survive in a post-post apocalyptic world where machines have taken over and humans are living in a primitive state at the bottom of the food chain. We traveled to Guerrilla Games’ studio in Amsterdam to find out how Horizon Zero Dawn became a reality and why the team wanted to try a new genre.

Throughout our trip, we discovered more about Aloy and where her journey takes her. As a resourceful hunter with a bow, Aloy has always been fascinated with technology and the ancient relics from the past. Growing up as an outcast with no parents, she searches for the truth about her origins, but she also finds more than she bargained for about the dangers of the world and why it has been changing. We got up and close and personal with new machines such as the laser-blazing, hyena-like Scrapper. We also went hands-on with a new, early portion in the game, where we encountered a side quest and saw more of the game’s machine ecosystem in action. Animals travel in packs, and often come to each other’s aid, meaning victory rarely comes easy. Our cover story is packed with information about the tools that Aloy has at her disposal to stand a chance against these mammoth beasts, the lore of this strange backdrop, and what types of side content is available in this vast open world.

Horizon Zero Dawn launches on February 28 for PlayStation 4.

Quote from developer in video...

"It's an Action RPG"
"We made a RPG, that feels like an action game"

That's really exciting imo, I really enjoyed Witcher 3s combat but it has to be admitted that it wasn't as smooth and responsive as most action games like most RPGs are not either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Havent been so hyped for a game since GTA V probably
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 pm

PS4 Pro

PS4

Doesn't look big enough jump for me to give a shit tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvNqirhixCI
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:22 pm

everytime I see game journalists covering previews they're always praising it heavily, pretty hyped
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:37 pm

It's going to be amazing imo, i don't expect the story or writing to reach the standards of other top RPGs. But i have never seen an open world RPG to look as smooth as it does to play.

As one of the developers said they are looking to make an open world RPG that feels like an action game, footage so far looks like it's going to nail it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Story

We’ve mostly seen action-oriented gameplay in the footage Guerrilla Games has shown off, with only minor story beats teased. Guerrilla is deliberately keeping much of the story under lock and key, because so much of the experience is about discovering the answers to the game’s larger mysteries, such as why Aloy was cast out of her tribe at birth and why animal-like machines have taken over the world. The main narrative focuses on Aloy's personal quest to find out more about her origins, but also to discover a way to stop the dangerous machines from taking over. While we were at the studio, Guerrilla assured us that a compelling story is there for those who crave it. Not only is there a main quest, but there are also extra goodies to find for those don't who really get into the lore. “For people who are story junkies, for people who like to collect every audio log or text log out there, people who want to have a grand narrative to their game, I think they're going to be really surprised and delighted by what we have prepared for them,” says lead writer John Gonzalez.

Gameplay variety

Because we’ve seen a few gameplay demos now, it’s easy to think we’ve seen everything, but that's not the case. For instance, at the PlayStation 4 Pro event, Guerrilla surprised us by showing Aloy platforming up a gigantic Tallneck machine to hack it. Guerrilla also kept teasing there are multiple mounts you can tame that will change up the gameplay. Not to mention a bevy of weapons that Aloy will get later in the game, such as a rocket launcher. In addition, Guerrilla’s main goal has been to appeal to a wide variety of players by letting them play how they want and giving them options to build Aloy to their play style. When you upgrade her, there are three different tiers: Forager, Prowler, and Brave. Putting points into Forager gets you better materials for crafting and override skills, Prowler is centered on stealth, and Brave is all about upgrading your brute force with new melee attacks. When you upgrade these tiers, you gain access to new skills to change up the way you fight, from instant-kill attacks to certain bonuses such as stat boosts. New machines also pop up in different areas, forcing you to adjust your strategy and learn their weaknesses.

RPG elements

Aloy is an outcast who discovers that only she holds the power to unlocking the secrets of how this mysterious ancient technology works, but will she constantly be on her own? When we asked Guerrilla if any other faces will join her in battle, the answer was yes. She has a strong relationship with Rost who has taken care of her since birth, so we wouldn’t be surprised if he joined her at times in combat or was a prominent presence throughout the narrative. In addition, Aloy will meet various colorful characters on her journey through side quests and the main story. Remember, Aloy is searching for answers and a place to belong. We were told depending on the relationships and choices she makes, some characters appear again later in the story. We're guessing with all the people she meets in the different tribes on her trek, she's bound to foster some relationships.
While Horizon's RPG elements aren’t super complex, they are there. Various quests are scattered throughout the world and you can upgrade Aloy in various ways. As she levels up, you earn points, which can then be used to purchase upgrades for her. Furthermore, Aloy can equip modifications to her weapons and armor that can increase your attack power or resistance to certain attacks.

Because the game is more of a hybrid of the action and RPG genre, Guerrilla didn’t want to leave anyone behind. “What we wanted to avoid is complicated menus,” de Jonge says. “We also didn’t want to go too deep with the RPG features we were developing. We wanted to have a certain level of accessibility and understandability for players. We also didn’t want to go too hardcore with stats, so at some point we just cut it off and said we weren’t going to go any further because it would confuse players.”

Lore

In Horizon Zero Dawn, humanity has regressed into tribes and are all living off the land in different ways. For instance, Aloy's tribe, the Nora, is a hunting group that's dependent on the bow to take down wildlife and mechanical beasts. But the Nora are just one of many tribes in the game, and the writers were tasked with figuring out how all the tribes would differ from one another and what conflicts they would have. This meant creating a rich history full of warring tribes, crafting different religions for them, and most importantly, Guerrilla made sure to consider their different climates when deciding how the different tribes lived off the land.

This required them thinking more deeply about the tribes and their histories. "As is unfortunately common in our world, different groups of people usually don't like each other, and there are certainly exceptions to that, but in this case some of the recent events that have taken place that have led to longstanding hostilities in the groups, and that's something Aloy needs to navigate on her journey," Gonzalez says.

What's cool about each tribe is that they all have their own variations on the array of different weaponry and armor that Aloy can equip. Aloy has only known the Nora tribe, so her stepping into these other cultures will be an eye-opening experience. As an outsider, she doesn't hold any grudges or preferences, and is just eager to find solutions and a way to help people in need. In addition, the game has side quests for each tribe so players can learn more about them at the same time Aloy does.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/21/guerrilla-addresses-our-biggest-fears-about-horizon-zero-dawn.aspx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17g_Un815A

inb4 Rg says this is half the game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:44 pm

rofl

Game is going to be massive so i doubt they have shown much at all in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly though, not half the game but i don't need to see anymore.

It looks great, the gameplay looked great on previous trailers and i can't wait.

I don't need to see anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm

I want to see more of the story.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:05 pm

hyped af
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:06 pm

M99 wrote:I want to see more of the story.

I understand that viewpoint but personally the gameplay is good enough to know i want it so i'd rather go in completely dark with regards to the story.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:11 pm

It looks amazing tbh. But not going to look at a single new trailer anymore.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:56 am

Horizon: Zero Dawn  - Page 3 HcaMhTJ

I thought this part looked incredible lol, interested to see when the game comes out what the other environments look like at night as so far they haven't shown much night time stuff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 pm

M99 wrote:I want to see more of the story.

Hot damn, I think I need to go on a media blackout now though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Previews are out.

Seem extremely positive as always, i'm trying not to watch too much of it though.

Less than 4 weeks cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:44 pm

This looks really interesting. With that name I thought it was just a generic FPS so I never looked into it.

I'll watch more trailers but that trailer you posted got me hyped. I'm getting vibes of a mix of Enslaved and NieR.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Agreed, reminds me of Enslaved so much and not just because of the similar character
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaaWsrjSfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5tNTfVEJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiZu_6ee7Uo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJxD5JMG8Y8

Seems pretty cool, like how the machines seem to have quite a few wide range of abilities and attacks.

The lunge on the Crocodile looking one Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:19 pm

review of sorts accidentally posted early and then taken down by Engadget

screencap

Spoiler:

can't wait
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:54 am

Reading the non spoiler thread on neogaf and most seem impressed by the story and side quests which I didn't expect.

Some even saying that there's some inspiration from Witcher 3 in terms of the side quests having lore and story around the side quests.

I don't expect it to have anywhere near the quality as that did but it's nice to hear that it won't be the generic fetch quests.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am

Reviews are great as expected, shit loads of 9s and 10s.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am

listening to easyallies review atm

saying the story is very meh basically, disappointing if true (for me personally as I play these sorts of games for the story mostly), I guess the sell here is the gameplay. It looks like an open world Ubisoft game IMO just in a more interesting setting.

Gonna read other reviews now.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:58 am

I have watched Gamespot, IGN, Video Gamer and Games radar and most of them have praised the story so far.

Different people having different opinions shocker, as for the Ubisoft comparison the only comparison I'm seeing is crafting parts to make gear.

The rest is nothing like Ubisoft game imo.

Even if the story isn't that good though I don't mind though, I never expected that from it tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next