Bankz
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
77 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:49 pm

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/messi-neymar-seran-rivales-los-jjoo-rio-2016-3923774

looks like Messi might play the olympics. Nerman will for sure

oh God, please let us a have another epic Brazil-Argentina final at the Maracana a la Maradona vs Romario  
The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 Sweetjesus

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by futbol Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Have I missed something? Aren't Olympics only for U20 players or something?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:59 pm

I can post any Ronaldo and Messi compilation and find many goals they score that are even easier than penalties so we shouldn't count them either lol.

It's all absolutely nonsense started by fanboys having a pissing contest against one another.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Fußball wrote:Have I missed something? Aren't Olympics only for U20 players or something?
All NTs can call 3 over 23 players. Uruguay called up Cavani and Suarez in 2012 for example
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:04 pm

Ganso wrote:
Fußball wrote:Have I missed something? Aren't Olympics only for U20 players or something?
All NTs can call 3 over 23 players. Uruguay called up Cavani and Suarez in 2012 for example

smh Messi and Nerman should rest instead of playing in that poverty tournament. Mad

Messi against U23 defenders. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

To make it even worse they are also playing the centenary Copa America in 2016 Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Ganso wrote:To make it even worse they are also playing the centenary Copa America in 2016 Laughing
Well the Euro 2016 is also going on then hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Wait Copa America and Euros is same year lol?

WAT.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Fußball wrote:
Ganso wrote:

smh Messi and Nerman should rest instead of playing in that poverty tournament. Mad

Messi against U23 defenders. Proud

Balon d'Or locked down :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:40 pm

centenary CA will be on 3 June – 26 June, euros on 10 June –10 July 2016.

Euro group stages are kind of meh anyway
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

messi and nerman should be ashamed of themselves playing against scrubs in a poverty tournament. especially messi. at least neymar has an excuse of wanting to be a national hero since Brazil hasn't won it before and being the only footballing title that eluded Brazil in their history.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Ganso wrote:To make it even worse they are also playing the centenary Copa America in 2016 Laughing

Lucho will bench them into oblivion. Laughing Lucho 2016 first matchday sacking confirmed. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Wait Copa America and Euros is same year lol?

WAT.
Usual Copa America will be held in 2015 in Chile. 'Centennary' Copa America will be held in USA in 2016. Basically so FIFA can give Messi 2 chances to win a title with Argentina.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Bankz wrote:messi and nerman should be ashamed of themselves playing against scrubs in a poverty tournament. especially messi. at least neymar has an excuse of wanting to be a national hero since Brazil hasn't won it before and being the only footballing title that eluded Brazil in their history.
Why? The olympic gold is not a scrub tournament, it's arguably more prestigious than the Confederations Cup.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:11 am

With 37 goals to Ronaldo's 36 Messi becomes the top scorer in all comps :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:With 37 goals to Ronaldo's 36 Messi becomes the top scorer in all comps :bow:

And there was talk that Ronaldo would beat Messi's record by the end of this season Laughing

Leo :bow:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:07 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 LCdd9IU

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 ShNyzq2

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 OBrW7gV

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 D431Gg6

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 2 QiUkkMO
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Do we still have that thread that tracks Messi's records, and all the ones he breaks? And if so is anyone still maintaining it? He broke yet another today by now being top assist leader in Liga history and the hattrick means one more and he breaks Zarra's domestic hattrick record ffs.

He's breaking the record of breaking records
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:40 am

Broken scoring records with a hat-trick for Messi

- European Golden Boot (Georgescu 47), with hat-trick against Espanyol
- Single Spanish Club Season (C.Ronaldo/Messi 53), with hat-trick against Granada
- Single European Club Season (G.Müller 67), with hat-trick against Malaga
- Single Club + NT Season (Pele 75), with hat-trick against Espanyol
- Barcelona all-time (Cesar 252), with hat-trick against Granada
- Barcelona all-time including friendlies (P.Alcantara 369), with hat-trick against Osasuna
- El Clasico all-time (Di Stefano 18), with hat-trick against Real Madrid
- Spanish League all-time (T.Zarra 251), with hat-trick against Sevilla
- Champions League all-time (Raul 72), with hat-trick against APOEL

Broken assist records with a hat-trick for Messi

- Spanish League all-time 1990~ (Figo 105), with hat-trick against Levante

scratch
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 am

Would need to know how many other records Messi has broken, without a hattrick, but based on this evidence so far I would say the little *bleep* has been toying with us all along
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am

Harmonica wrote:Broken scoring records with a hat-trick for Messi

- European Golden Boot (Georgescu 47), with hat-trick against Espanyol
- Single Spanish Club Season (C.Ronaldo/Messi 53), with hat-trick against Granada
- Single European Club Season (G.Müller 67), with hat-trick against Malaga
- Single Club + NT Season (Pele 75), with hat-trick against Espanyol
- Barcelona all-time (Cesar 252), with hat-trick against Granada
- Barcelona all-time including friendlies (P.Alcantara 369), with hat-trick against Osasuna
- El Clasico all-time (Di Stefano 18), with hat-trick against Real Madrid
- Spanish League all-time (T.Zarra 251), with hat-trick against Sevilla
- Champions League all-time (Raul 72), with hat-trick against APOEL

Broken assist records with a hat-trick for Messi

- Spanish League all-time 1990~ (Figo 105), with hat-trick against Levante

scratch

insane

when is the last time FIFA did the doping test of him,...FIFA should do it now on every possible record breaking game.. Very Happy

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:07 am

Looks like you have competition, Harmonica. hmm

http://www.reddit.com/r/d10s

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 am

Then again, it could be you. :coffee:

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:27 am

Pls that doesn't even come close to harmonica Laughing

Paul Scholes wrote:It was a moment I will never forget. He went past me, I stuck out my leg and Lionel Messi went over. This was at Old Trafford in 2008 in the second leg of our Champions League semi-final against Barcelona and, with the score 1-0 to us, I had fouled him in our area.

When I think about our win over Barcelona in that game, on our way to the second Champions League title of the Sir Alex Ferguson era, I always remember that tackle. Yes, I scored the only goal of the tie, and it was one of my better ones. But I will never forget that couple of seconds when the best footballer in the world deceived me into fouling him and I waited for the world to fall in.

It should have been a penalty to Barcelona, and an away goal would have won them the tie. But for some reason the referee didn’t give it, the game moved on and even Messi did not make much of a fuss. The relief was overwhelming for a few moments – and then I was back into the game.

He got his own back in the end. I faced Messi four times in my career, twice over the two legs in 2008 and then, as a substitute, in the Champions League finals of 2009 and 2011, when Barcelona beat us comfortably both times. Messi is back in Manchester next week, to face Manchester City again in the Champions League round of 16, and it is never a bad day when you can watch one of the best footballers ever pull on a pair of boots.

There have been so many superlatives to describe Messi’s career that you find yourself just adding to the pile of words about him. So these are some of the little things that you learn when you play against the man himself which you might not see on the television. First off, he never speaks on the pitch. In fact, I don’t think I ever heard him say a word. Second, you won’t believe how strong he is for a little man.

I am not ashamed to admit that in the games against Barcelona I spent a lot of the time just hoping he would take up positions as far away from me as possible.

Elusive is the word that immediately springs to mind when I think about Messi’s style of play. You think you have an eye on him and then – blink – he has gone, only to reappear somewhere else in space, with the ball. When you try to face up to him and make a tackle you know what it is he is going to do with the ball. The problem is staying with him.

He avoids the highs and lows of football. You rarely see him go over the top in a goal celebration, just as he never gets too downhearted. That’s a quality I think that I shared when I was a player. The game changes so quickly and you have to get yourself in a position mentally where you can deal with whatever is thrown at you.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/paul-scholes-messis-a-genius-and-it-only-takes-a-second-for-him-to-trick-you-into-doing-something-daft--i-should-know-10058236.html
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:18 am

wow! many great players and coaches had compliments for him but this is completely different...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 am

Also him admitting Barca should have had a penalty is big of him, even if it is almsot a decade later.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next