Twoism
LeVersacci
Great Leader Sprucenuce
15 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Playstation Experience  - Page 5 Empty Re: Playstation Experience

Post by LeVersacci Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:52 pm

MS became arrogant after the 360 succes. Same thing happend with Sony when they released PS3 at €600.

They learned from their mistake and are now selling PS4 like hot cakes & nearing the 50% market share.

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:52 pm

In this regard, I don't think it really matters on what Microsoft is or isn't doing with their software. Sony should be compelled to making new interesting game experiences naturally. Yet they seem to just keep going on a set path. Whenever they announce a sequel to an existing franchise they have, they rarely ever do anything with it. Just kind of make the same game again without changing much of anything at all. Just add some new stuff, make it bigger, w/e etc.

When you do that however franchise fatigue sets in quickly. The lack of flexibility makes their individual franchises and worlds pretty boring. I think a good example of this is that Playstation All-stars game. Theres a reason no one cared about that game. Because most of sony's characters and franchises have become dull and unimaginative, so people really aren't all that excited to see them come together in an environment like that. Not to mention that the game itself wasn't all that good.

Sony had such a strong sense of company, and branding in its early days. There was a soul to their earlier systems and they had experiences that were synonymous with their platforms. To me that just isn't true anymore. And I think that is a problem. They aren't that same company that takes risks on certain franchises, and constantly reinventing their IPs. Or aiming to offer experiences you can't get anywhere else with the same determination.

Not expecting them to launch a million AAA games every year. Obviously; but there is a middle ground inbetween small indie titles and $100m blockbusters. I don't get why we aren't seeing much from them there
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:54 pm

I think they have tbh, in terms of niche genres which probably won't sell you would have to put Sunset Overdrive in that category.

I'd argue Sony has too, my problem with the conference was too much indies ( which like them or not is a risk too) and not enough of the games I'm likely to buy.

The games shown other than Uncharted, Order, Bloodborne and Batman just didn't appeal to me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:59 pm

We all know you pre ordered dat Vita Shovel Knight bundle mate hmm

But yeah too many indies for my liking at the conference imo. There are some goat indies that I usually buy like Trine but I prefer dem AAA games.

Can't wait for the games next year though Smile
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:02 pm

I dunno, some of the indies really interested me like Drawn To Life, No Man's Sky and Skytorn
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:03 pm

No man Sky is def day 1 purchase.

Probably won't see it next year Sad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm not against indies as a medium, I actually think it's a good thing. But the type of games don't interest me or they are 2D Platformers which I do love, but after playing Tropical Freeze the standard at which I hold 2D Platformers is now so high they don't have a hope in hell of reaching it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think they have tbh, in terms of niche genres which probably won't sell you would have to put Sunset Overdrive in that category.

I'd argue Sony has too, my problem with the conference was too much indies ( which like them or not is a risk too) and not enough of the games I'm likely to buy.

The games shown other than Uncharted, Order, Bloodborne and Batman just didn't appeal to me.

They could've revealed their console specs, way ahead of release. That way, developers would've had more time to work on releasing their games sooner, and we'd have a considerably larger amount of available games. But why would they do that? I think it's pretty evident by now, that if company A reveals the price of their console a little bit early, company B will aim to be cheaper, if company B advertises that their games will be supporting 3D glasses, company A will support 4k ultra HD in 3D Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:23 pm

That's another thing, the new mario's and donkey kongs look brilliant for what they are as 2d platformers, why these fools feel the need to purposely have shocking pixelated graphics in their platformers or annoying shadowy black and white hipster trash is a joke

They can make a platformer without going out of their way to make it look like it belongs in the 90's
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Tbf Tom they are indies for a reason, they are tiny studios with limited resources I doubt they have the cash to pull off a mario standard of quality platformer.

Even if they have talent they need the funds to back it up, doing a old fashioned style or unique art style is just a lot cheaper.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I dunno, some of the indies really interested me like Drawn To Life, No Man's Sky and Skytorn

No Man's Sky looks fascinating. Nice to see some good creativity in gaming or we'd be stuck with gazillion of poverty sequels.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:34 pm

I love Sony indie, made with hearts and will always come free on PS plus. Games like Child of Light, Valiant Heart, Transistor, Hotline Miami, The Swapper and soon Banner Saga, Bastion are at higher level of creativty/ quality than most AAA titles out there ( also indie are only things happening on my sad Vita anymore Sad ). They're risk albeit small ones, Sony is in such big lead, it's safer for them to develop existing AAA titles.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Shovel Knight trailer. Graphics look good.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:06 pm

mah n
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:43 pm

What I'd love to see more of out of indie developers are Mario 64 style 3D Platformers, there is so little of them around nowadays and it makes me sad Sad

Big developers probably won't risk it as they don't sell how they used to but indies might.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Looooooool M99

Soon as I seen shovel knight I thought about HHH ffs

Yeah Mole as long as it's not using a digusting 'art' style I.E get somebody with downs to sketch on a bit of paper and translate it over

SMH that last game from last night was pathetic rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm sick and tired of indies man, there's too damn many of them. Like Mole, I have nothing against them and they're good for the medium as they bring more skilled people into the industry, but bah gawd, Sony and MS seem to think that they're acceptable replacements for AAA games when they sure as hell are not.

Let's look at the list of big games coming out in the first 6 months of next year.

Bloodborne
The Order
Evolve
The Witcher 3
Batman:Arkham Knight
Battlefield Hardline

6 games. 6 games in the first half of the year. The rest is just fluff and indie shit, and only TW3 out of all the games there interests me, though I may give Evolve a run since it has an interesting concept.

The first half of 2015 is going to suck. Actually no, it's worse than that, since publishers don't like releasing games during the summer time for some reason. The first 9 months of 2015 is going to suck is much more accurate.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Yep if they want their own little indie corner that's fine, hell i'd pick up the odd 2d platformer if i like the style for a few quid

But it's like they're not even trying anymore, how on earth is some cheaply put together basic storyless old fashioned load of shit a valid replacement for a true blockbuster game.

Sitting there playing a prime god of war game thinking 'yeah no I need something else... I need to play a sketch shooter based on a kids drawings in a school book'

f off
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:10 pm

It's a good thing that the first part of 2015 isn't loaded IMO.

It's still pretty good, I mean Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Order and maybe Bloodborne will keep me busy for a very long time.

But my back log is freaking huge, I still haven't played AC Unity, Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor and what ever *bleep* else there is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Also Tom knows this as much as I do, whenever I get GTA (most likely after Christmas) that a stupid amount of hours will be sunk into it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:37 am

You guys are unfair to indie games, the lack of triple A games has nothing to do with loads of indie games.

Triple A games takes time, devs need to learn PS4 through and through to optimize performance. Remember 1st two years of PS3, Heavenly Sword looks like dog poo compared to some later titles. If a PS3 could only process a Bat Mobile alone in Batman game, that's quite a big jump. Japanese Devs haven't even touched a PS4 yet.

Indie is just indie, independent.  Hotline Miami teams have like 3 guys, No Man Sky is also from very small studio. What Sony does is only provide playground and basis support, they put very little money and time on it. Triple A game is still where the money is.

What we could all blame Sony, MS though is cross gen games, PS3 & Xbox 360 only hold devs back big time.

Also 6 games in 6 months are quite a list to play through, I still haven't touched half of my PS4 backlog and probably never will.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also Tom knows this as much as I do, whenever I get GTA (most likely after Christmas) that a stupid amount of hours will be sunk into it.

Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Twoism wrote:You guys are unfair to indie games, the lack of triple A games has nothing to do with loads of indie games.

Triple A games takes time, devs need to learn PS4 through and through to optimize performance. Remember 1st two years of PS3, Heavenly Sword looks like dog poo compared to some later titles. If a PS3 could only process a Bat Mobile alone in Batman game, that's quite a big jump. Japanese Devs haven't even touched a PS4 yet.

Indie is just indie, independent.  Hotline Miami teams have like 3 guys, No Man Sky is also from very small studio. What Sony does is only provide playground and basis support, they put very little money and time on it. Triple A game is still where the money is.

What we could all blame Sony, MS though is cross gen games, PS3 & Xbox 360 only hold devs back big time.

Also 6 games in 6 months are quite a list to play through, I still haven't touched half of my PS4 backlog and probably never will.

I don't disagree at all, I don't want them to go away or anything. As I said earlier it's a good thing, the more quality games out there the better. Just as of right now there isn't any games that interest me that much, when there is I'd be more than happy to buy them by the truck load.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Ms and Sony are treating games like we treat players on GL

You're either world class or your shit. You're either AAA or your indie

There's a lot more space inbetween those lines that's being ignored for some reason lol
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/14/playstation-experience-2015-comes-to-san-francisco/

Wonder what we will get this time hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:08 pm

God Of War pls
M99
M99