How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever?

+5
McAgger
Donuts
titosantill
rwo power
Robespierre
9 posters

Go down

How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever? Empty How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever?

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 am

So Klose is Germany top scorer ever , the WC top scorer , and he won a WC as starter. basically he reached the peak with his NT, it's difficult to ask for more

But how do you rank really Klose among German CFs ever?

The best? There is Gerd Muller . The 2nd? Rummenigge and Klinsmann can be rated inferior to him ?
Voeller?
and maybe I forget something..

what would be your rank about German CFs? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever? Empty Re: How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever?

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:58 am

Well, Gerd Müller is Nr.1 ever as it seems atm (IMO it is unlikely anyone will top his goals/games ratio anytime soon in Germany), while Miro Klose ist the Nr.2 so far (until some new guy shows up who will excel, as things always go.). IMO one should also factor in his longevity - it is a major feat to be on top for so long.

BTW, here's the list at the DFB homepage:
http://www.dfb.de/die-nationalmannschaft/statistik/rekordtorschuetzen/?no_cache=1
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever? Empty Re: How do you rank Klose among German CFs ever?

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 am

it is because of it. wikipedia Laughing
"Primo marcatore di tutti i tempi della Germania: 71 gol."
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Klose
so they wrote an inexactitude

Anyway I don't know even if I put him on podium hmm
Muller Rummenigge Klinsmann :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:11 am

Hm. Dunno if I would put Rummenigge and Klinsi on the podium. Uwe Seeler would need to get a shout, too.

But then, considering the fact that Thomas Müller already has 24 goals in 60 (!) matches just turned 25 of age, he might be able to catch up to Miro Klose (although not Gerd Müller as he scores less per game) if he stays free of injuries.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:09 am

what i like about klose, and a lot of old school german strikers is there's nothing flashy about him, just comes gets the job done and gets out...fans love to see flash; a player dribbling hundred players from one end to the other, even when it hampers the team's chemistry....the guy produces for his national team even when other club superstars don't or can't...and he's been doing it even before germany became a powerhouse again. i can't rank him above muller (the original), but he's definitely in the conversation with rumme, klinsi & voeller
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 am

very underrated, because he doesn't do pointless stepovers or cute spins with the ball.
he goes in and gets the job done, also doesn't hurt that he is mr. fairplay.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:30 am

If we only count NT accomplishments then he's probably top 3. Definitely behind Gerd Muller. It's arguable which two of Klinsmann, Rummenigge, Klose, and Voller get the other two spots.

If you count club level as well. He's been pretty meh to get ahead of any of Rummenigge, Klinsmann, and Voller.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:29 am

Actually even his life record (so far) is amazing. I sorted the strikers according to minutes per goal. For Klose you might notice how many assists he added to his pure goal tally (btw - I just double checked the number for Gerd Müller. It is really given as 107 o_O).

Life Record (club) according to transfermarkt.de:

Gerd Müller: 522 matches, 463 goals, 107 assists, 101 minutes per goal
Uwe Seeler: 261 matches, 155 goals, 36 assists, 151 minutes per goal
Rudi Völler: 542 matches, 261 goals, 19 assists, 175 minutes per goal
Jürgen Klinsmann: 505 matches, 234 goals, 27 assists, 182 minutes per goal
Kalle Rummenigge: 453 matches, 217 goals, 35 assists, 183 minutes per goal
Miro Klose: 588 matches, 222 goals, 120 assists, 193 minutes per goal - 2014/10/29
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Those assists numbers look off. I think it's a modern era statistic so you can't really use it to compare the older players.

Anyways, what I like about Klose is how he kept improving so late in his career. His game became a lot more well rounded.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Probably a bit above Bierhoff level. I consider Voller No.1 for Germany all time Strikers.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:58 pm

My top 3 would probably be Müller, Völler, and Klose, in that order, but TBH I can't really pretend to have seen as much of Seeler as I have of the other three.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:31 am

Yes, I agree  about Klose a bit above Bierhoff..
Bierhoff was more powerful , Klose more intelligent ... Bierhoff as all the players of great physical strength have a great drop when they reach 30+years ( he was great in his prime though, I loved him , in his prime he was Serie A top scorer with Udinese ahead the Ronaldo 98 ffs ) ,  contrarily Klose could compensating to physical decline with his smartness and movements and so he lasted   more as we have seen also with Lazio and WC this year

Voeller was excellent , he was inserted   in AS Roma hall of fame  recently , but anyway tbf I 've always rated Rummenigge as the best German CF since Gerd, but probably I was influenced also by my father tbh. He's legend for Inter fans even if he won nothing with us
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 am

What I like about most of these players mentioned, including Klose, is that they are old-fashioned poachers who aren't particularly versatile, but their skill-set is perfectly adapted to scoring goals. They are pure finishers, and you can't help but like someone who has one job to do and does it well.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum