Does Flamini actually think he's any good?

+8
The Franchise
SamuelJayC
RealGunner
Casciavit
djoe26
EL Patron
Raptorgunner
El Gunner
12 posters

Go down

Does Flamini actually think he's any good? Empty Does Flamini actually think he's any good?

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm

I see him on the pitch screaming at his teammates, clapping them on and motivating them like he's some BOSS out there whenever the cameras close up on him.

But in contrast to the BOSS which those close ups show us, all he has ever done since returning to Arsenal is frustrate me. He is out there running around like a headless chicken, making a lot of god-awful challenges which not even a retarded-first-time-football-player-who-is-actually-a-rugby-player will make. He is slow and almost always second to most of his one on one challenges. The one thing which he was absolutely amazing at back in his first spell with us - his distribution - totally sucks ass right now. And like today he makes stupid dummies which his teammates don't anticipate just showing again how much out of sync he is on the pitch and he gives the ball away/loses the ball quite two easily which leads to the opposition scoring.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Does Flamini actually think he's any good? Empty Re: Does Flamini actually think he's any good?

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

We wont shit with Flamini and Mert starting for us.

Flamini wont even get minutes in Championship side.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Does Flamini actually think he's any good? Empty Re: Does Flamini actually think he's any good?

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:03 pm

http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/anderlecht-vs-arsenal/wtf-flamini-dummies-in-his-own-half-and-turns-it-over.html

at the moment Denilson > Flamini to be fair Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:We wont shit with Flamini and Mert starting for us.

Seriously? he was our best CB last season. I agree that he hasnt started that well this season but he doesnt have the same understanding with chambers and monreal like he has with kos.

I agree that flamini shouldnt start for us, hell i dont even want him on bench.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:32 pm

djoe26 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:We wont shit with Flamini and Mert starting for us.

Seriously? he was our best CB last season. I agree that he hasnt started that well this season but he doesnt have the same understanding with chambers and monreal like he has with kos.

I agree that flamini shouldnt start for us, hell i dont even want him on bench.

I would not say our best but he was great last year and he knew if he dont keep it up Vermaelen would step in, and now there is no competition just like Wenger no pressure.

There is no consequence at Arsenal as long as you are one of Wengers favorites.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Lmao, I remember when we were having this discussion a few years ago.

Flamini only came to form, when his contract was about to expire. Would score 3 goals in the last month and get an extension Proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Lol all he does is run around aimlessly and points at everyone Laughing Makes an odd good tackle and gets a yellow.

Wish he was in his prime but atm he is not any better than Coquelin.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Casciavit wrote:Lmao, I remember when we were having this discussion a few years ago.

Flamini only came to form, when his contract was about to expire. Would score 3 goals in the last month and get an extension Proud Proud
rofl I laughed more at this than I probably should've
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 pm

The fact it is 2014 and we have Arteta and Flamini as our two DM's is inexcusable. I'm still in shock we actually entered the season with these as our only two options.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 pm

SamuelJayC wrote:The fact it is 2014 and we have Arteta and Flamini as our two DM's is inexcusable. I'm still in shock we actually entered the season with these as our only two options.

This and I still dont know why Wenger didnt buy another CB and when he sold one.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:05 am

I think there are two separate things here.

One is, is Flamini good and the answer is no.

But is it really wrong to try and encourage, motivate and communicate to other players? Sure, no question it would be better if one of the best players was doing it but Arsenal's better players dont seem to have that in them.

Mascherano is kind of the same. On a playing level, he is mostly not good enough (at least against the strongest opponents) but you have to respect his attempts at leadership and organisation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 am

Believe me, i would take Masch left leg over both Flamini & Arteta. Maybe not as CB and not for Barca but dude could easily marshall our midfield.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 am

I do not fault his attitude. I fault the team management (read: AW) for switching to a formation which places a lot more reliance on 1 player to hold fort (4-1-4-1), which neither Flamini nor Arteta can do given their advanced years.
We did better last year because we had 2 players shielding, one of whom had a good engine (Ramsey/Wilshere) to make up for the other. When we had a Flamini-Arteta axis, we were shite. See the trend?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:52 pm

I agree and would add that I do not think that we should minimize the defensive presence that Sagna added.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:52 am

It really is great that Arsene thought Flamini and Arteta are good enough options for holding midfielder to go into the season with.

I think at least part of Flamini's "motivational shouting & gestures" are exaggerated, that he wishes the manager and the fans would think that's like a beneficial ability to have on the pitch. I don't know, I just think he's doing it too often and too theatrically.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:It really is great that Arsene thought Flamini and Arteta are good enough options for holding midfielder to go into the season with.

I think at least part of Flamini's "motivational shouting & gestures" are exaggerated, that he wishes the manager and the fans would think that's like a beneficial ability to have on the pitch. I don't know, I just think he's doing it too often and too theatrically.

The funny thing is Arteta is our captain and not much better than FLamini, and might be even worse after his injury. Wenger just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum