Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 15 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:23 am

I find it even more mystifying that grown adults willingly put up with it.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 15 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:47 am

But to be fair to Zidanr he did the right thing and he benched him. Problem with these stories however is that they are also often blown out of proportion. I'm pretty sure he will adjust and play again with then
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 am

phuck this kid .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Assumptions = truth

I get it :brickwall:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:47 am

Odegaard set to start for Castilla today
The young Norwegian has trained all week with Castilla and improved his relationship with the squad. He is set to play today against Tudelano.

Martin Odegaard demonstrated this week that he is an intelligent young man and has had a change of heart. This seems to be the final in an episode in an ongoing situation that reached such a point that Zidane left the player on the bench for last week’s Castilla game in Cuenca. Odegaard’s desire to train with the first team and his distancing himself from his Castilla team mates seems to have been the root of the problem.

At the beginning of the week both the player and his father had a meeting with club officials to review the situation and the outcome of the meeting was reported as having been “positive”. Following the meeting, Odegaard trained daily with Castilla and blended with the group. As a way of acknowledging his new compromise, the Castilla technical staff have elected to start the Norwegian for today’s 2B game at Valdebebas where Castilla play mid-table side, Tudelano (kick off 1600 CET). Odegaard will play behind center forward, Mariano in a game where three points are vital for Castilla’s playoff position aspirations.

This may not be that interesting to you drama queens, but I figured I'd post it here anyway. Personally, I think it's odd how the claims that his team mates were jealous and spiteful towards him, suddenly seem as if it never happened.

Only a few weeks ago, he himself said in an interview that he had a good relationship with his Castilla team mates.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:52 am

No wonder we are losing. Dude doesn't give a toss if we get promoted or not. You can see from his body language he doesn't want to be there ffs. When Llorente tried to take a free kick quickly the pos just stood there behind Todolese players fiddling with his shorts. I'd be very surprised if he made it past HT. I reckon he will have a very shortlived Real Madrid career. Not only is he not bothered but they were ignoring him towards the end
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah, you've already said that. You also seem to know what he's thinking. What's he having for supper today?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 am

Thimmy wrote:
The young Norwegian has trained all week with Castilla and improved his relationship with the squad. He is set to play today against Tudelano.

Martin Odegaard demonstrated this week that he is an intelligent young man and has had a change of heart. This seems to be the final in an episode in an ongoing situation that reached such a point that Zidane left the player on the bench for last week’s Castilla game in Cuenca. Odegaard’s desire to train with the first team and his distancing himself from his Castilla team mates seems to have been the root of the problem.

At the beginning of the week both the player and his father had a meeting with club officials to review the situation and the outcome of the meeting was reported as having been “positive”. Following the meeting, Odegaard trained daily with Castilla and blended with the group. As a way of acknowledging his new compromise, the Castilla technical staff have elected to start the Norwegian for today’s 2B game at Valdebebas where Castilla play mid-table side, Tudelano (kick off 1600 CET). Odegaard will play behind center forward, Mariano in a game where three points are vital for Castilla’s playoff position aspirations.

This may not be that interesting to you drama queens, but I figured I'd post it here anyway. Personally, I think it's odd how the claims that his team mates were jealous and spiteful towards him, suddenly seem as if it never happened.

Only a few weeks ago, he himself said in an interview that he had a good relationship with his Castilla team mates.

The claims weren't that his Castilla were 'jealous and spiteful' though, but that he doesn't click with them as he prefers to train with the first team as he's contractually guaranteed.

If anything, this report you posted corroborates the first report, that there were problems and they had to be sorted out in a meeting with him and his father.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

The claims weren't that his Castilla were 'jealous and spiteful' though, but that he doesn't click with them as he prefers to train with the first team as he's contractually guaranteed.

If anything, this report you posted corroborates the first report, that there were problems and they had to be sorted out in a meeting with him and his father.

There were several articles on it some time ago, that claimed that some of his team mates were jealous of his alleged salary and training privilege with the A-team, which prompted a Norwegian journalist to ask him what his thoughts were on this claim - to which he replied that he knew nothing about it, thought it sounded odd, that they take good care of him, and that he gets along well with everyone.

Unlike some people on here, I don't make claims based on assumptions or vague references. If he plays poorly or seems disinterested, then that's fair criticism that can be backed up with evidence, but evidently some people think they know a lot more than they do.

Link: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/110078/oedegaard-om-aviskritikken-jeg-kjenner-meg-ikke-igjen
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:16 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Pathetic attitude. The dude comes in from poor mans Swedish league and thinks he is better than the Castilla players. Who gives two fcks about his contract, if he is unwilling to work hard he will never make it at our club presidents backing or not. We have players who learnt that the hard way

And I can understand the Castilla players frustrations he is not even the 5th best player in that team yet he is the one that gets to train with the first team and a free passage to get promoted. Other superior players haven't had that privilege and he has the audacity to not train with them. I am glad they won and hope he never gets to play with that attitude

There are some players who are just tooo good for this league (D Llorente, Burgui) but still do their best every game and there are some others who had the same hype as this boy (Benavente) yet stayed to develop and have lost their place and hype due to staying.

If this dude's dream was to just train with Ronaldo then he can take a flight back to where he came from and leave this club to those who want to play for it

Knee-jerk extraordinaire.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:32 am

Thimmy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

There were several articles on it some time ago, that claimed that some of his team mates were jealous of his alleged salary and training privilege with the A-team, which prompted a Norwegian journalist to ask him what his thoughts were on this claim - to which he replied that he knew nothing about it, thought it sounded odd, that they take good care of him, and that he gets along well with everyone.

Unlike some people on here, I don't make claims based on assumptions or vague references. If he plays poorly or seems disinterested, then that's fair criticism that can be backed up with evidence, but evidently some people think they know a lot more than they do.

Link: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/110078/oedegaard-om-aviskritikken-jeg-kjenner-meg-ikke-igjen

well ok, I only referred to the article linked here. That a lot of exaggeration is involved in this is obvious, but then that's what's to be expected with this kind of hype.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Again, Odegaard is having some problems adapting, but keep in mind AS's objective with those stories is to take a swipe at Perez. They are spinning the odegaard stories to attack perez directl..
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Again, Odegaard is having some problems adapting, but keep in mind AS's objective with those stories is to take a swipe at Perez. They are spinning the odegaard stories to attack perez directl..

Of course, but judging by the reactions in this thread, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people have no sense of criticism towards second-hand sources Rolling Eyes No wonder sites like goal.com are actually popular.

Ødegaard was really poor in the match against Tudelano today. It was the worst performance I've seen from him, so far this season. I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent criticism and negativity surrounding him in recent weeks. He'll have to get used to it, eventually..

A huge blunder by "too good for segunda B", D. Llorente gifted the opposition an early goal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Blunder? Why is clearing a ball that hits another players a blunder?

And fyi Llorente was playing LB this game

Odegaard has never been good whenever I've watched him play. His body language is exactly the same as Ozil's. While every Castilla player fights for every ball this dude just jogs around. I am not hating (I have no reason to) just stating facts

He played a little better in the second half as a RM but he was expectedly subbed out likely from his awful first half. Don't think AM suits him. Maybe he can improve our RW that has been underwhelming this season but he isn't making a good case of starting. We'll see next season I guess unless he is loaned out which I suspect will be the case
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Thimmy wrote:Yeah, you've already said that. You also seem to know what he's thinking. What's he having for supper today?

He's not having supper until tonight :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:42 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Blunder? Why is clearing a ball that hits another players a blunder?

And fyi Llorente was playing LB this game

Odegaard has never been good whenever I've watched him play. His body language is exactly the same as Ozil's. While every Castilla player fights for every ball this dude just jogs around. I am not hating (I have no reason to) just stating facts

He played a little better in the second half as a RM but he was expectedly subbed out likely from his awful first half. Don't think AM suits him. Maybe he can improve our RW that has been underwhelming this season but he isn't making a good case of starting. We'll see next season I guess unless he is loaned out which I suspect will be the case

I've never said that you have any reason to hate on him, but you certainly overreacted and jumped to conclusions after reading that one article - and for that reason, I'm very sceptic about these so called facts you talk about. Doesn't matter. I only recall one other game where he played about as poorly as he did today, and that time it was mainly due to him not being involved by his team mates. Today, he was just woeful and disinterested. AM is his preferred position, but regardless of which position he plays in, he's not going to play well as long as he slacks off the way he did today. With that being said, people on here have been really quick to write him off as a flop (and arrogant?), already. Makes no sense to me, but I guess it makes sense to some people tongue
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:04 pm

He cant be a flop lol he is still a 16 year old kid playing with 20 year olds. He is our European higuain/marcelo if he is willing to work hard he will make it if he doesn't he wilo turn out like gago. It really is up to him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Odegaard isn't even up to par for Castilla... he looks good at times with his ball control and technique... But his positioning and defense have been awful from minute 1 + he has zero chemistry with his teammates.  Our midfield is a mess as a result because it's completely out of whack with his presence. We were dominant for 2 months before he joined and messed everything up.

You don't need a deep understanding of football to see that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:28 am

sportsczy wrote:Odegaard isn't even up to par for Castilla... he looks good at times with his ball control and technique... But his positioning and defense have been awful from minute 1 + he has zero chemistry with his teammates.  Our midfield is a mess as a result because it's completely out of whack with his presence.  We were dominant for 2 months before he joined and messed everything up.

Why do you always have to say things in such a condescending tone? The way i see it, you're just a grumpy old guy who's super biased about anything related to france, you claim to have expansive knowledge of different clubs and leagues, as if watching football is all you ever do, and you have a really hostile attitude. Obviously, i'm talking in general terms here. Why the condescending, pretentious attitude?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 am

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Odegaard isn't even up to par for Castilla... he looks good at times with his ball control and technique... But his positioning and defense have been awful from minute 1 + he has zero chemistry with his teammates.  Our midfield is a mess as a result because it's completely out of whack with his presence.  We were dominant for 2 months before he joined and messed everything up.

Why do you always have to say things in such a condescending tone? The way i see it, you're just a grumpy old guy who's super biased about anything related to france, you claim to have expansive knowledge of different clubs and leagues, as if watching football is all you ever do, and you have a really hostile attitude. Obviously, i'm talking in general terms here. Why the condescending, pretentious attitude?

Bless your beautiful soul. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:23 pm

touchy touchy Laughing

My only point is that he's 16 years old and plays like a very talented 16 year old... he's not even up to Castilla level (20 year olds and up) let alone Madrid.

For him to only want to practice for Madrid and refuse training with Castilla is just ridiculous for his sake, let alone Madrid's. They're not going to spend the time teaching him things that he should know going into Madrid because the senior squad has no time for that. Castilla and Madrid C are set up to teach kids fundamentals... and he has a ton to learn.

If he were dominating Castilla then it would be a completely different story.

And btw, i watch 6-10 games a week but only 1-2 live. The others are recorded which take far less time to watch. I usually have the TV running in the background and watch the games on the PC... that's fun for me. I don't really care what you think of it. Everyone has different passions. For me, i don't like regular TV other than news so i watch football before going to sleep.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm

smh how can someone even defend this kid, lay off the hypepipe Laughing, he is not performing and plus he is making demands, he is not cr ffs needs to get back to earth, before he gets offloaded
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:05 pm

he made demands in which madrid accepted them.

he is in by all means in the right to act out if the club isn't meeting their agreement.. it's in a contract after all.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:22 pm

contract or not this ain't no fantasy land, kid needs to get a grip tbh, he is not going to training and his presence makes castilla crap but "hey fck training and trying, let me play/train with the first team its in my contract" gtfo kid Laughing, again he needs to be put in his place
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:touchy touchy Laughing

My only point is that he's 16 years old and plays like a very talented 16 year old... he's not even up to Castilla level (20 year olds and up) let alone Madrid.

For him to only want to practice for Madrid and refuse training with Castilla is just ridiculous for his sake, let alone Madrid's. They're not going to spend the time teaching him things that he should know going into Madrid because the senior squad has no time for that. Castilla and Madrid C are set up to teach kids fundamentals... and he has a ton to learn.

If he were dominating Castilla then it would be a completely different story.

And btw, i watch 6-10 games a week but only 1-2 live. The others are recorded which take far less time to watch. I usually have the TV running in the background and watch the games on the PC... that's fun for me. I don't really care what you think of it. Everyone has different passions. For me, i don't like regular TV other than news so i watch football before going to sleep.

Again, I was speaking in general terms, I wasn't referring specifically to your response in this thread. I think your criticism of Ødegaard is fair. The last time you replied to one of my posts, your immediate response was to basically call me an idiot before you realized that you had misinterpreted my post. I've also seen you show the same attitude towards other people on this forum.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

the guy's 16, he's not pele, him training with the first team whilst playing for castilla is counterproductive. he should have been signed to a developmental deal, madrid isn't ajax, he was never going to come in and get put in the first team...if isco, chicharito who are all experienced professionals are struggling for a spot, what makes anyone think a youngster still wet behind the ears in top flight will....now to play devil's advocate, once again the guy is 16, and thus very impressionable and probably star-struck, as such once to train with the big boys, but still too young to know what's right for him.

now him training with the first team at this stage doesn't benefit anyone, we are chasing the league and ucl, and carlo and the staff cannot afford to babysit. plus the starters and subs need to bring each others A game to practice, it must be heated and intense (like that lakers practice were kobe yelled at everyone lol), its no place for an impressionable youngster.

him practicing with the first team and playing with the second hampers his own growth, and sends the wrong message to those in the castilla, and to their coach....perez was unwise to use that as a bargaining tool. I don't watch castilla so i can't say much about his performances or lack thereof, but as i mentioned, the dude is 16, in a new country and can still be molded. but don't expect him to make waves next year or the year after next, or even the following year after that...its a long term (and relatively cheap) project, but his best bet is for him to do whatever the castilla coaches say and forget about playing or training with the first team...learn how to crawl first and then walk.

Hyping him constantly will only hurt him, especially if he's lackluster on the pitch (based on what people are saying here), and critiquing him like he's some top level professional athlete will also hamper his growth. he'll need to humble himself and realize he hasn't done anything to warrant first team training, regardless of whatever the contract says....its that simple, it really is.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next