Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 am

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Tumblr_namqufhhhL1ruhh4yo1_1280
-

Chelsea will travel to Merseyside to take on Everton at Goodison Park for
Premier League Matchday 3 on Saturday, August 30ᵗʰ
-

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Tumblr_namhx2fjAT1ruhh4yo1_1280

Premier League Matchday 3 sees Chelsea travel to Goodison Park to face off against traditional bogey side Everton. It's likely to be the Blues' first real challenge of the season, having faced 2 newly-promoted sides in their opening 2 fixtures, while Everton will be facing their second Big 4 side on the spin following their clash against Arsenal the week before. Games between the sides in recent seasons have proved well-fought and highly competitive, and fans and neutrals alike will be hoping for much the same for this one of 2 standout games of the matchweek, with Liverpool facing off against Spurs at White Hart Lane the following day.

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea 839183766

The corresponding fixture between the sides last season, incidentally just one matchday removed from this year's, ended in a 1-0 victory for the home side. Steven Naismith took advantage of a defensive shambles at the back on Chelsea's part to put the Toffees ahead in the dying seconds of first half stoppage time. The Blues came of out the gates after the interval flying, and dominated from then on out, creating, and subsequently missing, a multitude of gilt-edged chances, but their efforts proved insufficient, and José Mourinho was condemned to his first defeat in his return as Chelsea manager.

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea PalatableUltimateJellyfish

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea 864416907

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea GenuineAlienatedIndianpalmsquirrel

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea TestyShrillBird

___
-

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea AggressiveRareEarwig

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea ZealousPassionateAlbacoretuna
-

The 2 sides obtained 2 contrasting results with 2 entirely contrasting performances in their Matchday 2 fixtures the weekend previous. Everton, facing off, as mentioned, against Arsenal, went 2 goals up through Seamus Coleman and Steven Naismith in the 19th and 45th minutes respectively, and lead 2-0 at the break. An underwhelming second half, however, allowed their visitors back into the game, and by full-time, the Gunners had dug themselves out of their hole and equalised through Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud in the final 7 minutes of regular time.

Chelsea, on the completely other hand, taking on newly-promoted Championship-winners Leicester at the Bridge, made very hard work of the affair. Not playing well at all and being impressively outclassed by the top flight newboys for long stretches, they went into the break honours even at nil apiece. However, as probably could have been expected, the Londoners came out of the gates flying in the second half, and finally found the breakthrough they were edging ever closer to since the interval through Diego Costa. 15 minutes later, Eden Hazard doubled the Blues' advantage and sealed the 3 points for José Mourinho's men.
-

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Tumblr_narsz9Uot71ruhh4yo1_500
-

As mentioned, the day's hosts have tended, at least in recent history, to be one of the Blues' most notorious bogey teams. Indeed, in the Londoners' 5 visits to Goodison Park since and including their Double-winning season of 2010, they've lost 4 of them, the only exception being an unlikely victory under embattled manager Rafa Benitez in December 2012. There can be little doubt, in light of this history, which the players and their boss will doubtless be only too aware of heading into this face-off, that the Blues will travel to Merseyside knowing full well that nothing but the very utmost of effort is likely to succeed in bucking this disadvantageous and worrying trend.
-

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea BvvPMtDIQAECVEO

Apart from long-term injuries Ross Barkley, Bryan Oviedo and Arouna Kone, Steven Pienaar will be a doubt for Everton following the player's injury in the Toffees' game against Arsenal the Saturday before, which effected his early removal from the game having lasted just 10 minutes. Chelsea, conversely, remain completely injury-free.

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Tumblr_nao1hci3cm1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1730 BST

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea

Post by Kick Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:42 am

Let's make it 9 points from 9, shall we?

It won't be easy but if we can get a win, we'll really strike fear into the other teams.

Same lineup for me, I think.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea

Post by aldrin_only Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 am

We need to start strong. It's been only 2 games, but I think we've been slacking a bit at the start.

I also want to see Filipe Luis to start or come off the bench. I know that Mou has plans, but I want to see him in action against these types of teams.
aldrin_only
aldrin_only
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:58 am

I imagine he will, Drogba's subs were much more sentimental than anything, Luis could certainly get some gametime against Everton.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Let's face it, Mourinho will play for a draw. May try to nick a win on the break, but as with any big away game, it'll be safety-first from him.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 am

I feel we'll sit and play on the counter, may not be for the draw but certainly won't be as dominant as we were over the last few weeks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:55 am

So LOLkaku is injured, but is expected to be fit by Saturday Mad
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 am

Let's hope he doesn't score.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:02 am

That would be a media nightmare.

Fingers crossed we're spared it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 am

1 0 victory incoming :coffee:

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:06 am

Here's hoping Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea Clap
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:17 am

Is F Luis going to start this time ffs
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:35 am

Doubt it.

As mentioned, it's likely to be safety-first from Mourinho and Luis' qualities going forward will likely be an afterthought to him.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 am

Mad and those who thought he was a shoe in for FF? So selfish Mou.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:08 am

rofl

Tbf, I hardly think he'd have paid £16m for a fullback he was planning to use as a back-up. I think he's just sticking with last season's best defence in the league for these early days till the season's more settled and bedded in.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:53 am

Well you have a 50m bench warmer so I'm not going to hold my breath based on that logic.

On another note.. you know what I just noticed about your fixtures..

From R2, your fixtures alternate between scrub fixture and one of the 10-12 toughest fixtures of the season.

Leicester home (Scrub)
Everton away (Top 10)
Swansea home (Scrub)
City away (Top 10)
Villa home (Scrub)
Arsenal home (Top 10)
Palace away (Scrub)
United away (Top 10)
QPR home (Scrub)
Pool away (Top 10)
Baggies home (Scrub)
Sunderland (End pattern)

That may hurt you, you will struggle for consistency. I'll bump this thread in a few months.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:05 am

Peccadillo wrote:Well you have a 50m bench warmer so I'm not going to hold my breath based on that logic.

Hardly comparable...

Peccadillo wrote:Leicester home (Scrub)
Everton away (Top 10)
Swansea home (Scrub)
City away (Top 10)
Villa home (Scrub)
Arsenal home (Top 10)
Palace away (Scrub)
United away (Scrub)
QPR home (Scrub)
Pool away (Top 10)
Baggies home (Scrub)
Sunderland (End pattern)

ftfy :coffee:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Eto'o on the possibility of playing against us on Saturday:
-

"I’m not particularly concerned that it’s against my old team. The important thing is to integrate into my new teammates' way of playing and get ready for that match. If I don’t feature it’s just important to get ready."
-

— via London24
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 am

I don't think he will, tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 am

The players are to wear black armbands for this match in memory of Lord Attenborough.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Chelsea boost as Diego Costa passed fit for Everton clash:
Diego Costa has been a doubt after pulling up with hamstring injury this week, but came through Friday's session unscathed and will travel to Goodison Park
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2736189/Diego-Costa-boost-Chelsea-32m-striker-passed-fit-Everton-clash.html

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

Premier League - Everton vs Chelsea BwRZhmvIgAEDRrP

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 am

Wow, Lukaku's stats are not bad.

Drogba is 100x the player though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:32 pm

EVERTON XI: Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka (c), Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:32 pm

CHELSEA XI: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Terry (c), Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Costa
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next