sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm personally waiting for that guy with his resources in Spain to say something.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:22 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Alexis has decided for Liverpool after Arsenal requested a pay cut, deal will be announced in the coming days. Arsenal have turned their attention to Salomon Kalou according to El Confidencial.

Spoiler:

sounds about right
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm not believing anything unless that golfing journalist posts it.
GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm personally waiting for that guy with his resources in Spain to say something.

rofl rofl

I am waiting for a message from Wayne Gooney myself
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:17 pm

FredCalenge(telefoot) confirmed Debuchy has told journalists in the press zone he will join Arsenal within the next 3 days.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:22 pm

AS saying Alexis doesn't want to join Liverpool. Barcelona have two offers from Juve & AFC. Barca prefer AFC offer

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/04/primera/1404503538_058074.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Wayne Gooney Laughing

Can't believe he managed to string people along for so long. Said we were going to sign Fellaini, Cesc, Di Maria, Rooney and Higuain.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Futbolargentino @FCBJulian wrote:TV3 : Alexis has already decided where he will play next year. Announcement soon
About Alexis to #LFC or #AFC everything should be clear next week.
But everythings tends to Arsenal.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:53 pm

That means he is going anywhere but Arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 am

Why is Debuchy now seemingly favourited over Aurier and what do you guys think of that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why is Debuchy now seemingly favourited over Aurier and what do you guys think of that.

PL-experience, more mature than Aurier although Aurier has a very high ceiling from the looks of it.

I read that Toulouse upped his price btw too.

And it leaves room for Jenkinson and Bellerin to develop as he'd be around for 3-4 years ideally before he makes the switch to Man City.

I'd be happy either way though tbh.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:12 am

+Aurier going to AFCON every couple of years missing 6 weeks approx around January isnt an small issue either imo
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:18 am

Next week going to announce dem 2 signing on one day Proud effing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:25 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why is Debuchy now seemingly favourited over Aurier and what do you guys think of that.

Debuchy Pros

PL ready
Will settle in very well
Won't need to adjust
Better going forward so a better attacking outlet
In his prime

Aurier Pros

Might turn out to be the better talent
More powerful
Arsenal fan

Debuchy cons

Not sure how good he is defensively, specially for us.
Can always flop

Aurier cons

Might be the next Eboue
AFCON every other year
Not proven in the PL
Defensively he is suspect
Will take time to settle in
still very young so more prone to mistakes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:28 am

who is new eboue eco smile
https://31.media.tumblr.com/7359289b3cf3c969a25aa9e3d52bb0dd/tumblr_n0wk8dRsKT1r8e765o1_400.gif
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 am

bah gawd Mathienuell Deboue
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:35 am

Basically, Debuchy carries less of a risk because he can slot in right away. He's got Premier League experience, he's played alongside Koscielny for France so doesn't have to develop that understanding with him, and he doesn't block off Jenkinson and Bellerin completely.

If Bellerin fulfills his talent I think many will forget all about Aurier.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:36 am

Isnt it a good thing actually? no gamble on potential for once and you get someone that will compete and play right away. Two years ago you would have been trying to sign Montoya or something

Sanchez, Debuchy, guys that come in mature and experienced and fit right in. Just the CF missing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Isnt it a good thing actually? no gamble on potential for once and you get someone that will compete and play right away. Two years ago you would have been trying to sign Montoya or something

Sanchez, Debuchy, guys that come in mature and experienced and fit right in. Just the CF missing

lol Nick you're really hating on the concept of 'potential' right now.
But I know what you mean by that and agree.

However, I'm not so sure Debuchy is that great, so actually the best thing would be to get BOTH. Why not?

The 'potential' thing that does not make sense is eternally keeping a spot for your resident prospect Jenkinson in the hope he might at some point get there when obviously he has shown so far he is not good enough.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 am

I don't care who we get between Aurier and Debuchy, I've accepted that whoever we might sign is not as good as Sagna so we're downgrading either way. I hope atleast it'll be worth it from an attacking point of view.

However with Debuchy we get a more experienced player, who doesn't block Jenkinson/Bellerin, two good talents that we already have here so I'm more team-Debuchy in that respect but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if we signed Aurier.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:46 am

The 'potential' thing that does not make sense is eternally keeping a spot for your resident prospect Jenkinson in the hope he might at some point get there when obviously he has shown so far he is not good enough.

Jenks, for me, will forever be a backup player. Can't see him improving enough to take the role of first team right back.

Bellerin is the one who really has a chance of taking that role in a couple of seasons.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Jenks, for me, will forever be a backup player. Can't see him improving enough to take the role of first team right back.

Bellerin is the one who really has a chance of taking that role in a couple of seasons.

But that's my point, why having the backup spot for a player who you feel will probably remain 'just a backup player' (i.e. when he plays your quality drops), when you could get a older proven RB AND a young one with real 'potential' and a high ceiling, and then play whoever is better at present?
Or if you think Bellerin is good, just use him as backup and PLAY him in rotation games, now, not in a couple of seasons.
Because if he can't survive stepping in against Leicester or something now and then at 19, as a top prospect, you're probably wasting your time anyway.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:11 am

I think everyone is forgetting the main reason Debuchy is written in the stars

Spoiler:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:53 am

Lets not forget Debuchy benched Sagna for France, so yeah it's not like he's pub player or anything. Bellerin out on loan next 2 seasons, Jenk back up for Debuchy, I'm ok with it.

Funny thing though, reading all transfer threads on GL, one would think Nick is Sanchez agent Very Happy

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:07 am

Just really having a hard time convincing myself that Debuchy is that TOP TOP TOP talent we always her Arsene talking about. He really just seems more like another mid table talent. Not a championship talent that is going to help us take over Europe.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:09 am

He is consistent in his own way thats all you should care about. Gets the job done.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:25 am

Remember those reports linking Campbell with a move to Serie A? All bollocks, apparently:

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/joel-campbells-agent-warns-off-faker/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next