stevieg8
RED
Art Morte
BusterLfc
DeletedUser#1
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs. Chelsea | The D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Chelsea | The D-Day

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:12 pm

It's the same line-up as against Norwich. Sturridge on the bench.

Lucas better step up his performance.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Chelsea | The D-Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Chelsea | The D-Day

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Same line up, Not exactly pleased, Should have started Danny Sad

Chelsea team is strong enough.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:09 pm

I can't imagine what Gerrard is going through right now but rescue ATLEAST a draw ffs.

Sturridge definitely needs to come on. Suarez is finding it difficult playing against 2-3 defenders, Sterling is doing okay but he, Allen nor Coutinho are threatening.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Sturidge and suarez's lack of form in the last month didn't help us today.

Couldn't do nothing against that bus.

Got no words for that first goal.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Well, that's a horrible way to lose, especially a game of this importance... I feel for every Liverpool fan, but especially I feel for Gerrard.

That said, we didn't do much wrong. Chelsea defended very well, took away all chances to play fast attacks and we just couldn't open them up. We should have attacked second balls more aggressively, though. Lot of our corners and crosses were headed to 20 yards from goal by the Chelsea defenders, but we weren't looking for those balls actively enough. I also would have put Skrtel up there in attack for the last 15 minutes to win some headers, but all in all, we just didn't have the keys.

It's out of our hands now. It's out of our hands.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Tactically outclassed by Mourinho, as simple as that.

Was time wasting from the first minute, which frustrated our whole play and killed out our fast starts and killed our whole game in general.

He got lucky he was gifted a goal, but you can't deny the man a genius on how to set up defensively.

We went through Suarez far too much, and he had a poor day. Nobody stood up and wanted it. Yes it was tough with 10 men behind the ball, but not one man had the composure / balls to go "this is my minute". Well, Gerrard tried but he had a very poor game.

Speaking of Gerrard, he can't play the DLP alone. I've said it all season, and this has nothing to do with the way we conceded our first goal, it was after that. The amount of space he left when he roamed forward is the whole reason he can't play that role consistently; he doesn't have the discipline. He tried to save the game on his own but didn't get back into position. Allen, not Lucas, should of came for that balance. Especially as Henderson has been covering that space left behind Gerrard quite a bit, Allen hasn't been doing it enough.

The only real positive is Palace is great at home (best in form team at home currently iirc) so let's hope they do us a favour... it's not over. 2 massive games to go.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Red Alert wrote:

The only real positive is Palace is great at home (best in form team at home currently iirc) so let's hope they do us a favour... it's not over. 2 massive games to go.

GL jynx.

Can't see city dropping points.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 pm

GL jynx doesn't exist.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Glad it was Gerrard who made the mistake, If anyone's to blame at the end of the season, Its him. He wanted it the most.

We could still win this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Red Alert wrote:Tactically outclassed by Mourinho, as simple as that.

Was time wasting from the first minute, which frustrated our whole play and killed out our fast starts and killed our whole game in general.

He got lucky he was gifted a goal, but you can't deny the man a genius on how to set up defensively.

We went through Suarez far too much, and he had a poor day. Nobody stood up and wanted it. Yes it was tough with 10 men behind the ball, but not one man had the composure / balls to go "this is my minute". Well, Gerrard tried but he had a very poor game.

Speaking of Gerrard, he can't play the DLP alone. I've said it all season, and this has nothing to do with the way we conceded our first goal, it was after that. The amount of space he left when he roamed forward is the whole reason he can't play that role consistently; he doesn't have the discipline. He tried to save the game on his own but didn't get back into position. Allen, not Lucas, should of came for that balance. Especially as Henderson has been covering that space left behind Gerrard quite a bit, Allen hasn't been doing it enough.

Don't be absurd. We absolutely dominated them in the first half, and it wasn't without penetration. We had a number of chances to score and just didn't take them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling the "we were the better team" card, but I was thoroughly unimpressed by Mourinho's tactics. They got lucky, and the manager doesn't cause that. Luck's a part of the game, so be it, but Mourinho didn't get them this win.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm

I don't know how you're feeling but for me, I'm feeling sad, and for the second time this year.

I sat down in front of the TV with sweat dripping every second, how I survived the whole match without a trace of high B.P was a miracle. Another thing I'm not sure of is whether I breathed from the first goal till the last second!

Of course we can still win the league but not many people , me inclusive , likes putting their destiny in other peoples hand. I almost had ulcer in the Rafa era, every ounce of appetite is lost anytime we lose a match.

Now I know how Barca fans are feeling. They are one little spoilt bunch used to winning, and then they started losing in between, it must have felt like a stab! 2014 has been a glorious one for us all that I myself have forgotten what it means to lose,no matter how things played out we always come out on top, except for today!

Its not like we've won anything the easy way, its always the hard way which have made concluded its the only way.

There is one thing I know for sure though; we are Liverpool and we don't give up.

KEEP THE. FAITH
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:41 pm

We weren't tactically outclassed, Mourinho just played for the 0 - 0 and that would have been the fair result. It really is quite something that in a game where one point would have kept our title chances in our own hands, we concede the most unluckiest of goals...

City are beating Palace. Their two remaining home games are against Villa and West Ham = two wins. It's up to Everton - who are out of the top-4 race - to get a result against City. Doesn't fill me up with hope.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:59 pm

@Arty, its not like we are so sure city will slip up but then again we just have to HOPE something happens along the way and the trophy ends up in anfield. Take some sleep Arty, you're gonna feel better on waking up.
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 pm

And it so happened that the only music that comes to mind is "Emergency Room" from Rihanna. How that fits I don't know!
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:23 pm

There are no words from me. Haven't cried this much in my life.

Life cannot be this cruel. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Sad
Everton fixtures is our only hope now and ManCity had last won at Everton in 08/09 season and City's record at Everton has been always poor...that is our only hope now Sad
I dont whether it is a good or bad thing but Everton-ManCity game is on sat and we play Palace on Monday. So in case if City drops points, we will have extra motivation for monday's game

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 pm

@ Stevie / Arty

On phone so can't quote.

But are you guys serious? The only thing we penetrated was our chance of winning the league.

"Dominating" the first half means nothing if you have only one, yes one, clear cut chance and failing to score from it. (Off the line clearance almost own goal followed by Sakho's right footed shoot that skyrocketed) Lets not forget they could of easily had a penalty from a handball from Flanno. (Which was 50/50 but they get given more than they don't.)

Our next "big" chance was Suarez in the 90th minute...

At the end of the day, you make your own luck. They frustrated our game, it wasn't easy on the eye but they defended brilliantly and got the result they wanted. The game was always controlled by them, we couldn't find a way past them...

Let's hope Everton atleast draw next week...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Kolo's mistake against WBA steps up to the plate now.

Everton out of the top 4 race and without Mirallas, sorry, but I just can't see City dropping points here, hope I'm wrong.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Red Alert, they packed the box so clear cut chances were hard to come by, true. But we had a fair number of half-chances, and when playing against 11 in the box, you have to take those - and we didn't. But when you have 8+ shots on goal, I really can't praise the opposition's defensive masterclass.

I agree we weren't good enough to win today, the scoreline shows that. We weren't hard done by the refs, we just lost plain and simple. But I was thoroughly unimpressed by Mourinho's supposed "tactical genius" today.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 am

LOL mou isn't a tactical genius, anyone can park the bus, FFS Fat sam did it against him and he lost his shit and started talking about some 19th century BS.

We couldnt do much, we really needed to get lucky, but we didn't

Losing on GD is a killer, city won't slip.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:49 am

I've been trying to avoid this, now it's been almost 12 hours.

My head is gone, I haven't talked to anyone all day. Locked myself into my room, and just got out.

Let's enjoy the next couple of match-days, who knows what can happen. In fact, I will now open a optimistic thread and a campaign.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 am

Tactical Masterclass though.

I am sure Mourinho iNCLUDED in his master class: "Gerrard will slip sooner or later, that's part of the plan". I can't wait until he leaves this sport. Mourinho to football is what Genghis Khan was to human beings. Just a butcher.

I think Lucas is done for our team btw...he plays at pace as if he is 40. badly missed Hendo's late runs into the box, or a vibrant Danny today. Sturridge was nowhere near fit, and less said about Aspas' corners the better.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 am

Not sure what "tactical outclassing" was done here (this comment not at you Sepi but I comment I saw earlier in the thread, I don't know who it was by)

Chelsea went into the game with a back 4, of which they're outside backs refused to leave their own half or participate in any attack, two pure defensive midfielders, and hardworking wingers who will track back and attack on the break. Then they had Ba and Lampard.

If you call the wingers attacking players, they had 4 out there, if you don't (and I'd be hesitant to do so), they had two. That is 9 players in and around their own box.

I can give him props due to organization, but even average managers can park the bus and deny goalscoring opportunities. Mourinho is just pretty good at it because he does it a lot.

It's just really too bad, for you guys and the sport. I feel for you guys, but you aren't out of it yet.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:50 am

It felt bad but I haven't been any prouder of my team in the 10 years i have been supporting them.

So nothing changes #WeGoAgain
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 am

Fahim89 wrote:It felt bad but I haven't been any prouder of my team in the 10 years i have been supporting them.

My brother Proud couldn't be prouder of this team, an 11 game win streak is an incredible achievement and so is everything else we've done this season. I've been saying it all along, it doesn't matter how this ends this has been a great run. Let's see how things play out Thumbs up
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 am

stevieg8 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:It felt bad but I haven't been any prouder of my team in the 10 years i have been supporting them.

My brother :proud:couldn't be prouder of this team, an 11 game win streak is an incredible achievement and so is everything else we've done this season.  I've been saying it all along, it doesn't matter how this ends this has been a great run.  Let's see how things play out Thumbs up

Exactly what Stevie said.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next