*Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order?

+14
juventus101
Cassius
Donuts
ExtremistEnigma
jibers
Forza
lszanto
Lupi
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
S
rwo power
terrance511
Onyx
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order? Empty *Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order?

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 am

1. Bayern Munich
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Real Madrid
5. Chelsea
6. PSG
7. Juventus
8. Liverpool
9. Manchester City
10. Roma

Would Dortmund/Arsenal get in possibly?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order? Empty Re: *Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order?

Post by terrance511 Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:16 am

1. Bayern Munich
2. IBRA
3. barcelona
4. Real Madrid
5. athetico
6. chelsea
7. man city
8. juv
9. dortmund
10. liverpool
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

*Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order? Empty Re: *Top 10 series* Who are the top 10 teams in the World right now in order?

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 am

So. Let's try this again, but without the trolling. New troll posts get -25% without further warning.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 am

1.Bayern Munich

2.Barcelona
2.Real Madrid

3.Chelsea
3.PSG
3.Manchester City

4.Atletico Madrid
4.Juventus
4.Arsenal
4.Liverpool
4.Dortmund

5.Roma
5.Napoli

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:30 am

Really don't get why PSG are so highly rated. Who have they faced this season to earn this high a praise? They haven't faced a single top team this season yet. Can't confidently say they are better than Arsenal, Liverpool, RM or Atleti.

Anyways

1. Bayern

2. Barca
2. RM
2. City

5. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
5. Atleti
5. PSG
5. Liverpool

10. Juve

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 am

1. Bayern

2. Barca
2. Real Madrid
2. Man City

4. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
4. Atleti
4. PSG
4. Liverpool

10. Roma
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Really don't get why PSG are so highly rated. Who have they faced this season to earn this high a praise? They haven't faced a single top team this season yet. Can't confidently say they are better than Arsenal, Liverpool, RM or Atleti.

Uhm..I dont want to even defend them here but that shouldnt matter.Based on their achievements this season and squad quality wise,they are definitely up there.

And since you have Roma on your list ,may i ask what makes them so highly rated ? They got thrashed by Italy's best team,and are a good 11 pts below them(who are ironically not even on your list) and have lost to Napoli twice in this season.When people use faulty logic themselves,they shouldnt really be in a position to question others especially when its closer to the truth.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 am

Yeah my bad, I thought I had Juve in there. Edited now.

And what achievements this season do PSG have? Beating Leverkusen? scratch

Again, I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't see how anyone can claim they are clearly better than any of the teams I mentioned.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 am

Yohan Modric wrote:1. Bayern Munich
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Real Madrid
5. Chelsea
6. PSG
7. Juventus
8. Liverpool
9. Manchester City
10. Roma

Would Dortmund/Arsenal get in possibly?

As a Roma Fan i have to say thank you for rating us 10 but Roma still have a lot of building up to do to reach to the same height as teams like City, PSG, Chelsea. If you look at their squad they are loaded with talents . Roma took the first steps right by purchasing players like Benatia, strootman and Nainggolan but champions league is completely a different scenario . I hope these improvements  will continue .
i agree with most of ur team and add BVB for Roma as 8 and pool to 10

Last edited by Lupi on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add Benatia)
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah my bad, I thought I had Juve in there. Edited now.

And what achievements this season do PSG have? Beating Leverkusen? scratch

Again, I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't see how anyone can claim they are clearly better than any of the teams I mentioned.

They're cruising through in their league.They're a good 13 points above 2nd place.They faced weaker teams so far in the CL alright but have literally breezed through the opposition in Europe as well,not just winning but by beating them emphatically.So they should receive some acknowledgment for that.

You're right ,they need to beat some top team to establish themselves as the elite yet i dont see why they arent comparable to the likes of Chelsea and City as of now.I have already mentioned earlier that i've used squad quality as one of the criteria in rating the teams and one cant deny that they have a fantastic squad.I suppose their upcoming clash with Chelsea could answer a lot of things too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 am

PSG
Bayern Munich
Manchester City
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Juventus
Atletico
Liverpool
Dortmund(assuming no injuries)

In no order.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:09 pm

1. Bayern - best squad, best depth, won the BuLi by miles, reigning CL winners

2. Barca - still have most of the players from their last CL triumph, some players are ageing, but the style is the same and Messi is still at top form, reigning La Liga champs

3. Chelsea - recent CL winners, playing well this season under Mourinho, strong defence and midfield, missing a top, top striker

4. Atletico Madrid - don't have the depth of the other teams, but have a very well organised and talented starting 11, with a good mix of youth and experience, top of La Liga at the moment

5. Dortmund - injuries aside, this is a great team that is well organised, thrashed Madrid last season, CL runners-up. What sees them fall down the rankings is that they have lost some key players and have failed to challenge Bayern in the league.

6. Real Madrid - unbelievable squad on paper, but perennially fail to make the most of it in Europe, Ancelotti should help their 'La Decima' hopes, but defence is still a worry

7. Man City - great in the EPL this season, but went out early in the CL again due to a tough draw which underscored their inferiority to the above clubs

8. PSG - great squad on paper, but they have failed against big teams in Europe recently, Ligue 1 is not a challenge for them even with nouveau riche Monaco in the mix.

9. Juventus - like PSG they dominated their domestic league. And whilst Serie A is far tougher than Ligue 1, Juve sit below PSG on my ranking because of their failure to progress from the group stage of the CL despite a relatively easy group

10. Napoli - pipped at the post for CL progression in the group of death. In extremely good form domestically.

Other teams I considered for the 10th spot: Arsenal, Liverpool, Roma (in that order)

This is very subjective, and if you asked me to make another list next week it would almost certainly be different.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm

These best teams list are just so useless. These silly power rankings have no meaning. If united beat Bayern what does that mean? In the 90s people only gave a damn about trophies and not whether their team is th best on paper. Trophies is all that counts, these lists are so tiresome, just like the best player lists.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 pm

jibers wrote:These best teams list are just so useless. These silly power rankings have no meaning. If united beat Bayern what does that mean? In the 90s people only gave a damn about trophies and not whether their team is th best on paper. Trophies is all that counts, these lists are so tiresome, just like the best player lists.
I agree with you, which is why I normally don't post in such threads. If you don't like a topic, simply ignore it, that's usually the wisest action. Mind you, you have the option to stay clear of the Right Back section, while I don't have that luxury as a mod Razz

And now back to topic, please!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:25 pm

There's a number of factors though that determine where a team is placed on a list. It's not just based on 1 or 2 results.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 pm

1. Bayern Munich
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. Paris Saint-Germain
6. Atletico Madrid
7. Juventus
8. Liverpool
9. Man City
10. Arsenal/Napoli/Roma

City tied with Barca and Real Madrid in some of the lists.. I'M IN TEARS
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:27 am

1. Bayern Munich
2. Barca
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. Real Madrid
6. Manchester City
7. PSG
8. Dortmund
9. Juventus
10. Arsenal
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but what have Chelsea done to be so high up on everyone's lists?

Not criticising them by any means but just wondering are they really *better* than other teams mentioned such as Dortmund, PSG (guess we'll have a better understanding tonight on this) Juve, City, Atletico. Obviously they are still in the CL and gunning for the PL crown they have that in their favour but I'm not seeing the appeal (as much as others, anyway).

In a knockout game would people really be that comfortable of them beating sides such as the ones I mentioned? I personally see them struggling against sides such as Roma, Napoli?

Once again, not bashing Chelsea, iv watched a fair few games of theirs this season just not so blown away as others seem to be.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Maybe it's the Mou factor?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Yeh that and they've beaten a lot of the top teams this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:35 pm

1. Bayern Munich
-
-
-
-
-
2. Real Madrid
-
3. Barcelona
-
4. Manchester City
-
5. Paris Saint-Germain
-
6. Juventus
-
7. Borussia Dortmund
-
8. Manchester United
-
9. Atletico Madrid
-
10. Chelsea/Arsenal/Napoli/Roma/Liverpool

Those last 5 are all around the same level in my opinion, and all have a shot at being in the Top 10. My problem with Chelsea, Liverpool, and Atletico in particular is that, at least from what ive seen, which is admittedly is obly a few games each from Chelsea and Atletico and maybe a handful from Liverpool, is rhat theyre too reliant on one player, specifically Hazard, Costa, and Suarez. I feel like if these players were injured or they were up against some of the tippy top teams of the world and those players got marked out of the game, theyd fall apart. You could make a case for Messi, CR7, and Ibra as well, but Barca, Real, and PSG still have enough quality that theyd drop down in the list, but not even closr to being out of the Top 10. And when it comes to big games, just like Dante himself said last night 5 minutes before the game on Sky Germany, Manchester United is still Manchester United.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh that and they've beaten a lot of the top teams this season.

Really?
Arsenal
Man Utd
Man City

That's a lot?
Is beating Man Utd even an achievement?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Also Liverpool, Spurs and Everton, so the entire top 6/7.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Also Liverpool, Spurs and Everton, so the entire top 6/7.

Liverpool, I'll give you.

Everton and Spurs? No.

So 4 top teams*

*Man Utd is not really an achievement.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:06 pm

You should watch Everton play they are a force this year and could very well end up a CL team this year.

1. Real Madrid
2. Atletico Madrid
3. Bayern Munich
4. Barcelona
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Manchester City
8. Borussia Dortmund
9. Paris Saint Germain
10. Juventus

I put Chelsea over Liverpool because they are in the CL semis, though I think that Liverpool will finish ahead of them in the EPL. Next year will be the real test for where they stand.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next