M99
Vibe
S
Art Morte
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards'' Empty Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards''

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Verratti-si-je-partais-a-la-juventus-maintenant-je-ferais-un-pas-en-arriere/12447
http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-psg-verratti-si-je-partais-a-la-juventus-je-ferais-un-pas-en-arriere137894

''I know what i want. My career has been short; but i have already understood that there isn't a standard path. When i was a kid, i saw myself everywhere... one day here, one day there. But now, i'm able to differentiate."

"Juventus? When i was a kid, i liked this club. But today, i am happy where i am. The PSG project is among the elite in the world. If i were to leave for Juventus, i would be taking a step backwards. At Paris, we have the opportunity to win everything over the next few years. I am very happy here and i would like to stay a long time.''
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards'' Empty Re: Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards''

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 am

I don't know, it's a bit 50-50 which of those two clubs is higher up the tree.

Is he a regular at PSG or likely to be that in the coming years? Playing at Juventus >>> riding the bench at PSG.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards'' Empty Re: Verratti: "If i were to leave for Juve, i would be taking a step backwards''

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 am

Dat clear attention seeking thread title..Desperate OMPSG fans Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am

PSG better club/more desirable destination than Juve.

Freaking oil...As well as Serie A middle age tactical concepts.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:40 am

Well atleast that settles things for now and these Verratti-Juve rumors would be soon put to bed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 am

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130930021938/powerlisting/images/8/8f/Dis_gon_be_good.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 am

Word around France is that there's a party being thrown at the Stade Velodrome after hearing this news Thumbs up :coffee:

Last edited by S on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 am

M99 wrote:http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130930021938/powerlisting/images/8/8f/Dis_gon_be_good.gif
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am

Ligue 1 is worse than Serie A. While PSG are just barely brushing off Monaco now, Juve have walked their league.

When Juve start playing 4 defenders in the CL, and stop being stingy they are going to be surprised at how much better they will do. If Juve manage to do these things future of Juve>>>>> future of PSG
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:24 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't know, it's a bit 50-50 which of those two clubs is higher up the tree.

Is he a regular at PSG or likely to be that in the coming years? Playing at Juventus >>> riding the bench at PSG.
He's an unquestioned starter this year... been a complete beast.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Ligue 1 is worse than Serie A. While PSG are just barely brushing off Monaco now, Juve have walked their league.

When Juve start playing 4 defenders in the CL, and stop being stingy they are going to be surprised at how much better they will do. If Juve manage to do these things future of Juve>>>>> future of PSG

Nothing to suggest the owners of PSG are going to stop investing in the club... the future of PSG look's a lot brighter for them than it does for Juve.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:36 am

I think playing for Juve is a tad more appealing than PSG don't you think??

If they stopped being stingy they could attract anyone bar those who are happy starters at other top teams
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:36 am

Red Alert wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Ligue 1 is worse than Serie A. While PSG are just barely brushing off Monaco now, Juve have walked their league.

Nothing to suggest the owners of PSG are going to stop investing in the club... the future of PSG look's a lot brighter for them than it does for Juve.

At the very least until after the 2022 WC in Qatar, which is a long, long time away.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 am

Turin has a population of 900k while Paris has 2,2 million... not to mention PSG owns its own TV station and the rights to all of Ligue 1 internationally.

It's really not even a fair battle Laughing.

At least Barcelona represents a very proud region and is a city of 1,6 million... they can compete with Madrid.

With international fans, it's mostly about identifying with players and watching CL. Whichever team has the most iconic superstars and plays deep into CL gets the most attention over time. There's no particular loyalty to a large, large extent. Branding has to be maintained to keep these fans...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Turin has a population of 900k while Paris has 2,2 million...  not to mention PSG owns its own TV station and the rights to all of Ligue 1 internationally.

It's really not even a fair battle Laughing

What in the bloody hell is this irrelevant moot point has got to do  with appeal of both clubs ? scratch Not to mention Juventus has a fanbase which this plastic club could only dream of at this point both domestically and internationally.

Oh lord,PSG bandwagon boys these days..

Last edited by S on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 pm

What does population of the city have to do with who is the bigger club? Then I guess Verrati will have to join Mumbai FC to take a step forward in his career...

If the arguement is about fanbase then it's not even close. Juve has highest number of fans in Italy and a larger international fanbase than PSG too.

As for CL we just have to wait and see when Juve stops choking. Last year Juve and PSG went out at the same stage and this year PSG is going further, things next year can be the opposite who knows.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Verratti is an important first team member, well loved within the squad and getting international exposure in the Champions League, something that he owes entirely to Paris Saint-Germain. PSG gave him a chance to prove himself at such a high level straight out of Serie B and I personally think it's only right that Verratti wants to give back to a club that has believed in him. It is only natural for a player to talk up their own side and squad and PSG have an extremely well run project. I don't see that much objectionable with his comments. The comments regarding it being a step backwards might be a bit harsh but put into context I don't think anyone should really be holding these comments against him, it's a few words in response to a pointed question and the sort of stuff that almost every footballer says at some point.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:40 pm

M99 wrote:What does population of the city have to do with who is the bigger club? Then I guess Verrati will have to join Mumbai FC to take a step forward in his career...

If the arguement is about fanbase then it's not even close. Juve has highest number of fans in Italy and a larger international fanbase than PSG too.

As for CL we just have to wait and see when Juve stops choking. Last year Juve and PSG went out at the same stage and this year PSG is going further, things next year can be the opposite who knows.
R U really comparing the city of Paris to Mumbai :facepalm:.  Being the sole team of one the largest, wealthiest and most metropolitan cities in Europe makes a massive difference.  You don't understand the support for the team and that's because you know very little about PSG.  In France, there are 3 camps of fans...  OM and PSG.  The largest one in sheer numbers has always been PSG but the lack of success over the past 15 years didn't bring notice.  Add to that, the PSG following in french speaking african countries is HUGE.  I mean massive.  Lyon is just really followed by people in Lyon...  nobody likes them otherwise.  St Etienne is more followed than Lyon.

The issue was that the marketing and branding was so bad before for PSG that the huge fanbase was never monetized.  Canal + completely mismanaged the club forever.  That's changing now.

OM is fantastic...  but we're more like Barca used to be before this golden era for them.  We represent the region.

in the US for example, you always hear about NY and LA being targets for top athletes because they are the media capitals of the country. Well the same is true for Paris... it's one of the media capitals of Europe and, thus, teams that represent the city will have an inherent advantage is managed properly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:15 pm

M99 wrote:What does population of the city have to do with who is the bigger club? Then I guess Verrati will have to join Mumbai FC to take a step forward in his career...

Dont worry man..PSG is soon going to surpass Man United and Madrid's brand.This unique club is going to shatter all records and become the most popular club worldwide in a matter of years.I mean they have already got Marseille fans on their bandwagon for starters.And all this,while playing in the mighty Ligue 1 where even average football fans would tune in to watch this exciting league these days.I mean why would people want to watch a game between Arsenal and Chelsea when you can easily tune to watch the rip-roaring high voltage drama between PSG and Bordeaux for instance !? I certainly would,seriously.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Paris is a huge city, a world capital (and for me at least a city I enjoy visiting) and PSG is the only club of note there... that's already a huge advantage and I'd have to agree with Verratti here.

As for Ligue 1 TV ratings, football fans in North Africa, due to the language factor, are more likely to watch Ligue 1 games than they are the EPL. By the way, that same language factor is the single biggest reason the EPL is the most watched league, if it wasn't then La Liga in the early 2000's would have secured monster television deals.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Who disagreed with Verratti ? scratch Its obviously understandable that PSG have a higher chance of winning the Champions League than Juventus,a trophy which every player dreams of winning,so its better for him to continue to pursue his career there i suppose.They have a bigger project and money talks in the end.

Nothing to do with the size of the city or fanbase.All moot arguments.

Zealous wrote:As for Ligue 1 TV ratings, football fans in North Africa, due to the language factor, are more likely to watch Ligue 1 games than they are the EPL

So a fraction of the world's population will be watching Ligue 1 over the PL.Kudos i guess.lol
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:01 pm

S wrote:Who disagreed with Verratti ? :scratch:Its obviously understandable that PSG have a higher chance of winning the Champions League than Juventus,a trophy which every player dreams of winning,so its better for him to continue to pursue his career there i suppose.They have a bigger project and money talks in the end.

Nothing to do with the size of the city or fanbase.All moot arguments.

uuhhh I didn't say that anyone disagreed? But yeah I was mostly saying PSG is a pretty good destination nowadays. As good as anything out there imo.

S wrote:
Zealous wrote:As for Ligue 1 TV ratings, football fans in North Africa, due to the language factor, are more likely to watch Ligue 1 games than they are the EPL

So a fraction of the world's population will be watching Ligue 1 over the PL.Kudos i guess.lol

Well North Africa is just one part of the world that speaks French, granted English speaking countries are well and truly the majority but I was mainly pointing out that the EPL has a huge advantage is attracting viewers.

But let's put this into perspective;

a) EPL has any and all English speaking countries

b) Ligue 1 has most of Africa as a potential pool of viewers. Granted not the biggest but it's larger than Germany's or Italy's.

c) La Liga has Latin America which is not a small market.

Keep in mind the Middle east get full Arabic coverage of all of these leagues which is a huge factor. The company broadcasting these league also happen to be affiliated with PSG and Ligue 1.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Zealous wrote:Well North Africa is just one part of the world that speaks French, granted English speaking countries are well and truly the majority but I was mainly pointing out that the EPL has a huge advantage is attracting viewers.

And that directly or indirectly will have an effect on Ligue 1 or in this case PSG's worldwide fanbase.
Majority of the people would still prefer watching EPL teams or Madrid/Barca over PSG.
It may be popular in one part of the world but will pale in comparison to a PL team or ,Real Madrid's popularity for instance.
At most,it can only surpass Italian brands(and that is if Italian teams dont get their shit together because Serie A is still popular worldwide) and maybe the German ones but thats about it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:22 pm

why would juve need him as long as Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo are there? Does Pirlo need a little bitch to teach football??
Berardi is much more needed at Juventus atm than a midfield substitute...

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Although Serie A is superior to Ligue 1, I think moving to Juventus would be more of a sideways step at this point. If Juventus manage to win the CL within the next few seasons and PSG don't, then moving to Juventus would be a good idea.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum