Eivindo
M99
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stadium Empty Stadium

Post by M99 Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:45 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/45044/milan-leave-san-siro

Inter and Milan have reportedly already decided that they will end cohabitation at San Siro, with the Rossoneri to move out by 2017.

Whilst the Nerazzurri have in previous years been working on a plan to move away from the Giuseppe Meazza stadium to build their own ground, recent reports have suggested it has been Milan pushing forward with such plans under Barbara Berlusconi’s guidance.

Speculation today is that the Diavolo have been working over the past six months on plans for a new stadium to be constructed six kilometres to the north-west, where the Fiera Milan exhibition is currently based and where Expo 2015 will be held.

Arexpo, formed by city authorities to buy up the area of land and oversee its development from 2015, confirmed in November Milan’s initial interest.

They have set a deadline of March 13 - latest March 14 - for proposals to be put forward for construction of a stadium on the land, planned as part of a wider multi-sports and functions development.

SportMediaset and Il Giorno say that Milan are going to come forward, with an aim to begin construction at the end of Expo 2015, in the autumn of that year, and have work completed in time for the 2016-17 season, although it may be more likely that the team cannot move in until the following year.

The Rossoneri and Inter are also seen as in agreement to end their sharing plan at San Siro, with Milan expected to confirm their plans over the course of the next month in time for Arexpo's deadline.

Inter, in turn, are speculated as favouring staying at the stadium and carrying out renovation work.

The two Milanese giants have shared the Giuseppe Meazza since the 1947-48 campaign. The ground will host the 2016 Champions League Final
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Stadium Empty Re: Stadium

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:18 pm

this is a good thing, finally stadium of our own, top notch facilities, own stadium revenue, and customize stadium according to our sporting and business needs to promote the club.

As much as i love san siro, and we got lot's of history there, if the municipality is holding out on impossible fee that galliani said its not even worth negotiating, that would serve them well, once we leave because their one of the biggest source of revenue being us and inter for renting will dry down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Rumors of stadia in Italy is sad to read about, cause 90% of the time its just pure speculation or plans that ultimately fail to go through. Roma was supposedly planning a stadium for a while, but their owner hasnt come out with anything new about the matter in many months now.

Dont know about the new stadium law, but 6 months of planning a new stadium in Italy is nothing, unless Silvio still can use his remaining influence in the city.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

This Expo centre area is some ways to the north of Milan (or so i heard), don't know if the area it is situated in has urban developments or not. Either way i think that this might pose a problem in terms of attendance.

Still too early to predict though.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 am

I don't how true these reports are, but if they are true, Barbara is quickly becoming my new hero. She realizes what a f*ck up Galliani has become and forced him to resign (only for her father to be an even bigger f*ck up and f*ck it all up). She was the one that wanted to bring Paolo back to Milan and now she is (if these reports are to be believed) pushing for new stadium plans. She needs to orchestrate a coup and take over Milan ASAP.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:01 pm

I think it's for the best we moved on to a new stadium , but from a sentimental side of view , San Siro would be missed.

I don't know if what's being reported should be believed , but something must be done about the stadium case. We are already too late. Whatever happens , must work , be it a new stadium or buy the San Siro. Milan has no other choice if we want to be on par with modern football and its standards.

I think a totally new stadium would be the better choice. But whatever. What works best for the club's interest. I hope we can have developments on the stadium case .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:22 am

i wouldnt have believed this news but there is one condition. our ties with san siro runs out at 2017 and we either sign long term contract and stay as it is, or we invest now that will benefit in future. so i am pretty sure this was also under board discussion.
and barbara and galliani had been hinting on this too. galliani even said milan negotiated in buying san siro but they were holding on impossible fee not worth negotiating.

so i hope we can hear official announcement. i dont know what are the rules regarding the stadium plans to be passed but i hope it gets passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnet=bWlsYW5uZXdzLml0LTEzNjM1Mw

Potential names for the stadium? I like dostoevsky's suggestion, Mesbah Memorial Ground.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:47 am

M99 wrote:http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnet=bWlsYW5uZXdzLml0LTEzNjM1Mw

Potential names for the stadium? I like dostoevsky's suggestion, Mesbah Memorial Ground.

my body wasn't ready
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 am

Emerson's Fountain Of Youth
Taarabt Shisha Siro
Stadia Ba-Ba (in tribute to two of our greats, Bakaye and Ibrahim Ba)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:15 am

Personally preferred my suggestion of Stadio Allesandro Matri.

Though starting up a match on FIFA 17 and hearing "Hello, I'm Martin Tyler and welcome to Tom's Kebab House for Milan vs Inter," is another tempting option.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:14 am

M99 wrote:Emerson's Fountain Of Youth
Best one rofl 

Dos whats with the Money pick? Feeling nostalgic ?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 am

Sulley's Playground of Perfunctory Players
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:45 am

Additionally, Constant Arena sounds sounds good imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:47 am

You have to hope Berlusconi will live for other 3-4 years otherwise there is this risk  Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

There is no risk from something that isn't going to happen in the first place.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Dos whats with the Money pick? Feeling nostalgic ?

It's my silent protest against Essien, I've been reduced to missing Flamini. Dem sunglasses though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Lets cut the crap and just call it "Stadio Bunga Bunga"
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:14 pm

How about Camp Kalac hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Favalli Football Stadium
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Personally preferred my suggestion of Stadio Allesandro Matri.

Though starting up a match on FIFA 17 and hearing "Hello, I'm Martin Tyler and welcome to Tom's Kebab House for Milan vs Inter," is another tempting option.

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 am

According Gazzetta dello Sport braking of Milan about the building of new stadium.

Restyling Meazza looking forward to cheaper areas .(Rho has high costs). at least temporarily this is the idea.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Fun time's over lads.

AC Milan have abandoned their plan to move from the San Siro to a new stadium on the site of the Expo 2015.

The Rossoneri are eager to leave the stadium that has been their home since 1926 and had identified the Expo site in the Rho-Pero district in the city’s north-west as a possible site for development.

However, the plans are estimated to cost more than €300 million according to the Gazzetta dello Sport and Silvio Berlusconi deems the proposal to be too expensive for him to support.

The original plans for the Expo site were to build a 60,000 seater stadium as Barbara Berlusconi is eager to see Milan owning their own stadium so that they can maximise matchday revenue and enjoy other increased commercial benefits as they have felt frustrated by the financial limitations of playing in a stadium owned by the local authority.

It is now believed that the Diavolo will turn there attention to a possible new site in the northern suburb of Sesto San Giovanni.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/02/ac-milan-abandon-expo-site-stadium-plans/

Why did I even make this thread :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm

There are talks of restyling the San Siro with both Inter and Milan paying €30m each.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 pm

And the point of that would be? Both of us will still be paying rent. Typical Milan.

Sell the fckin club Berlu.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next