Donuts
chinomaster182
RealGunner
RedOranje
Onyx
VendettaRed07
10 posters

Go down

David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement Empty David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 am

David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement BfrYkC9IIAAXc7o

Seems like MLS is going to announce its 22nd team tomorrow. Thoughts, opinions, predictions?

inb4 Miami Hanes Underwear FC
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement Empty Re: David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 pm

wow that was pretty useless. Only announcement was that l guess its Officially Official that Miami is the 22nd MLS team

No stadium deal, no name, colors, start date, temporary home deal.. etc. Waste of time
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement Empty Re: David Beckham's MLS Franchise announcement

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Beckham could probably just buy the entire MLS with the money he has.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Beckham could probably just buy the entire MLS with the money he has.

Even if that was legally possible (it's not) Beckham wouldn't be able to do so, and by a long shot.  His estimated net worth is $300m.  That's not even enough to purchase the two top clubs in MLS which are Seattle ($175m) and LA ($170); then add in the other 17 clubs (which have an average value of around $95m each) and that comes out to a tidy sum of $1.958 billion.  When MLS (referring to the single-entity ownership structure) sold 25% of the rights to it's marketing branch it pulled in $150m as well.  Major League Soccer's annual collective revenues sit around $494m. That's all going to add up and only grow, given that all but 7 of MLS's current clubs operate either at a profit or (in 2 cases) breaking even.

Beckham is a looooong way off being able to match that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 am

Good read

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/02/target-beckham-bullish.html
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 am

I'm surprised he even has enough money to invest in a team, plus the fact that a football team is the opposite of a money making machine.

If Beckham isn't carefull this is the kind of thing that could bankrupt him.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 am

he is not paying everything 100%..
Rumor is Lebron James have some part in the club as-well whether as an investor or who knows.. would explain why Beckham has been to many of the heat games.
besides Beckham is rich as *bleep*, his wife as-well.

Last edited by Donuts on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:40 am

All aboard the beautiful Titanic :coffee:

I fear this will end up being Chivas 2.0 with more visibility :facepalm:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 am

RealGunner wrote:Good read

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/02/target-beckham-bullish.html

Thanks a lot RG, great find. Actually answers some questions Thumbs up

The audience asked the most ridiculous things this morning. Instead of "when will the team play? Got a name/colors in mind ? Why announce this now with no solid stadium plan after garber stated 100 times that he'd have to have one in place to make this official..?

Instead we got "hey David will SAF manage the team? Hey I play soccer can I be on the team? Harhar
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 am

Motogp69 wrote:All aboard the beautiful Titanic :coffee:

I fear this will end up being Chivas 2.0 with more visibility :facepalm:

How will this be Chivas 2.0?...
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 am

Report: Beckham offers Miami MLS managerial job to David Moyes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 am

This keeps getting better all the time: no stadium, no team, and a manager no one will wants to play for...

Beckham you legend :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:08 am

I think Becks has to prioritize better. MLS hasn't officially granted the expansion rights to Miami..They won't until he gets a stadium in place. He could sign 23 players, a director of football and manager and it wouldn't matter.

My guess is that maybe he is looking to make some hires to help solidify the team. But Moyes I think is hardly someone who is going to get people excited about this team.

He should release the team name/colors/crest so he can actually advertise the darn thing if he needs more public support. But imo no point in hiring a coach or any staff until MLS actually grants him the expansion. Team likely won't play until the stadium is actually built... Is he really going to pay moyes to sit around for 4+ years?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:38 am

chinomaster182 wrote:I'm surprised he even has enough money to invest in a team, plus the fact that a football team is the opposite of a money making machine.

If Beckham isn't carefull this is the kind of thing that could bankrupt him.

except MLS is not like european clubs, they have strict salary cap rules to prevent such things from happening.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:02 am

I'd imagine that Beckham doesn't have too much of his own money riding on this, if I had to guess he's just the well-known front man with other investors behind him. I dunno, I haven't looked into it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:13 pm

I would be honestly surprised if Moyes even took this job. He can still get work in England to be absolutely honest. The United debacle certainly was a huge hit to his reputation, but I don't think it destroyed it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 am

Well let's look at what happened to the last British manager who took over a major historic English club, infused it with mediocrity, and didn't opt to retire immediately thereafter... I think Moyes will be just fine.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum