Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016

+21
jugster
Jonathan28
eelir
El Chelsea Fuerte
CBarca
Hawky
Donuts
Winter is Coming
Khaled
M99
danyjr
Collblanc
Lord Spencer
sportsczy
barcaholic
the xcx
futbol
free_cat
windkick
harhar11
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016 Empty Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:18 am

According to information obtained by La Vanguaria, the president of FC Barcelona Sandro Rosell is considering distancing himself from the presidency in order to preserve the image of the club.

After the last chapter over the Neymar case in which Judge Ruz has accepter the suit from socii Jordi Cases, the azulgrana president does not reject stepping aside from the management of the institution, according to La Vanguardia.

Rosell could present this option to his executive team before making a firm decision. Even though Rosell firmly believes there was no wrong-doing in Neymar's transfer, the long duration of the suit could weigh on the reputation of the club and his own image.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140123/fc-barcelona/sandro-rosell-podria-apartarse-de-la-presidencia-del-barca_54399449330.html

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016 Empty Re: Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:29 am

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think that while if in the end it shows that Rosell has done something illegal, then he should step down and get whatever punishment that he will get. But if there is no irregularities with the contract, i.e 100% legal, then the club should consider punish the socio in some way. I mean, if in the end the contract is 100% legal, then the only thing that this guy has managed to do is damage the club's image simply because he has a grudge against Rosell. You don't need enemies with socio's like that..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016 Empty Re: Rosell stepped down over Neymargate and death threats; Bartomeu new president until 2016

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33 am

The socio is not doing anything wrong. There is a shady contract around, and the socii have a right to know to whom the money was paid and in which amounts. The only way to break the confidentiality agreement is through the courts.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 am

That's why I said "if". If the contract is 100% legal, then all he did is damage the club simply because he has a grudge against Rosell. I just think that if you damage the club, then you should be punished in some way.

Look, I don't know if this is true free_cat might confirm if this is true or a lie, but I have heard that this guy has been after Rosell for quite some time. He is a member of "Go Barça" who attempted to mount a ‘motion of censure’ against Rosell last October.

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:45 am

But how would he know if there was wrongdoing or not without a court process? You can't punish people for seeking out the truth.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:58 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:But how would he know if there was wrongdoing or not without a court process? You can't punish people for seeking out the truth.

Well, I don't know. I don't know how the politics in the club works, but isn't Barca a democratic club? Couldn't he have collected signature from socios to force the directors to reveal the price?

Anyway, I just don't think that someone should be able to damage the clubs image, whether you are a player, staff member, director, fan or even a socio. I mean, they are threathing to ban the club from the CL and could get 22 point deducated in la liga! If the contract is legal, then the club's image will have been tarnished for nothing, absolutely nothing.

And another thing that bugs me, is that I am not certain that he is just doing this because he wants to know the truth. He has a well-known grudge against Rosell, he has attempted to block a couple of sponsors from the emirates and has tried to to mount a ‘motion of censure’ against Rosell last October, and now he does this. And I repeat, IF in the end the contract is 100% legal, how far will he go until he get's what he wants? Will he stop at nothing, even if the damage that he does to the club is greater?

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:03 am

Good.

Some one call Laporta. I've had enough of this ass clown pushing out everything that made the club glorious over the past 5-6 years

Wasn't Neymar going to be a free agent during this upcoming summer, when we purchased him last summer? If thats the case, if he was on his final year and we did indeed pay the rumored 95+ million for him then that's just beyond retarded and he deserves to get fired on that basis alone. Completely neglects the center back position but pays the highest transfer fee of all time for a player on his final year of his contract? He could of just made an agreement with Neymar and his dad that he would join us at the end of his Santos contract for free, and we could of done the rumored revamp to the needed areas during this past summer. Instead we did nothing but one transfer and we keep loaning out players when we should just go ahead and sell them.

Seriously, I'm so over that weasel faced *bleep*
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 am

I would cry of joy if Rosell stepped aside. However, if him stepping aside means that another of his clown board members will become president, it's not really an improvement. He should step aside and have elections at the end of the season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am

harhar11 wrote:That's why I said "if". If the contract is 100% legal, then all he did is damage the club simply because he has a grudge against Rosell. I just think that if you damage the club, then you should be punished in some way.

Look, I don't know if this is true free_cat might confirm if this is true or a lie, but I have heard that this guy has been after Rosell for quite some time. He is a member of "Go Barça" who attempted to mount a ‘motion of censure’ against Rosell last October.

Yes, this soci was the leader of GO Barça. He definitely has a grudge against Rosell, but it's compltetely justified after all Rosell has done (Removing Cruyff, Lying about sponsors, lying about our finances, lying about the Boixos Nois, attacking Guardiola, letting Thiago go, the shady Neymar transfer, not letting the kids come in the stadium, etc.....).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:19 am

Faus to become president. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:That's why I said "if". If the contract is 100% legal, then all he did is damage the club simply because he has a grudge against Rosell. I just think that if you damage the club, then you should be punished in some way.

Yes, this soci was the leader of GO Barça. He definitely has a grudge against Rosell, but it's compltetely justified after all Rosell has done (Removing Cruyff, Lying about sponsors, lying about our finances, lying about the Boixos Nois, attacking Guardiola, letting Thiago go, the shady Neymar transfer, not letting the kids come in the stadium, etc.....).

I know, I dislike Rosell aswell and would have loved it if he would have stepped down a long time ago, I am not defending him. What I am saying is, that I want someone punished for damaging the image of the club. If in the end, the contract is illegal then by all means, do whatever they want with Rosell, he has earned it. But if in the end the contract is 100% legal, then I want the soci to be punished in someway simply because of his grudge against Rosell, he has damaged the club for no reason.

Remember I am talking in "if" scenario.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:56 pm

The soci has denounced Rosell, not Barça. So if Rosell is not guilty of anything, he can ask for moral damages, but Barça shouldn't punish the soci.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:06 pm

free_cat wrote:The soci has denounced Rosell, not Barça. So if Rosell is not guilty of anything, he can ask for moral damages, but Barça shouldn't punish the soci.

But, imo, Barca has taken faaaar more damage than Rosell, atleast when it comes to image..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:09 pm

harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:The soci has denounced Rosell, not Barça. So if Rosell is not guilty of anything, he can ask for moral damages, but Barça shouldn't punish the soci.

But, imo, Barca has taken faaaar more damage than Rosell, atleast when it comes to image..

Perhaps, but techincally the sue is on Rosell's, not Barça, if people mix things up and Barça gets bad image from it, it's no the soci's fault.

MD reporitng that Rosell will step aside today, Bartomeu will become president, and there will be elections at the end of the season.  cheers cheers banana banana 

Vilarubí (the powerful man in the dark) to be the candidate of Rosell then.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Who would be next inline to replace Rosell?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Rosell has officially resigned now according to MD

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140123/fc-barcelona/sandro-rosell-dimite-como-presidente-del-barca_54400422402.html
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 pm

If true, i think congratulations are in order. This should feel like winning the CL for Barca tbh...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:If true, i think congratulations are in order.  This should feel like winning the CL for Barca tbh...

not if Bartomeu takes over till 2016 as MD suggests.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:If true, i think congratulations are in order.  This should feel like winning the CL for Barca tbh...

Better I would say :coffee:

Nah, but seriously, very happy. cheers 

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:45 pm

lol.com have announced that Rossel have resigned for whats its worth Laughing
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm

ESPN now also reporting that Rossell is set to resign, but the article doesn't mention who would succeed him. They should hold a re-election this summer and have some one else stand in as interim president for there rest of the season

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1690669/barcelona-president-sandro-rosell-set-resign-neymar-saga?cc=5901

Last edited by windkick on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

plz gtfo rosell, bye bye!!!!
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:02 pm

its official, he resigned hahahhaa BYE puta
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Official? Have a link? I want to see what they say about re-elections and what not or who is taking over
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Info I am getting of Twitter..

President to resign today. Replaced by vice-p Bartomeu until June. Vice-p Vilarrubi presidential candidate in June elections

There will be early elections for a new Barcelona president at the end of the season. Normally, they were due in 2016.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next