[center]http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/1/2014/324x324/250015808.jpg

Name: Paul Pogba
Position: Midfield
Date of birth: 15/03/1993
Squad number: 10
Club: Juventus ( ITA)

Height: 186cm
Weight: 80kg

Transferred to Manchester United in Summer 2016 for about 120 Mio Euros.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba Empty Re: - Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba

Post by Juveman17 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has admitted that the club would have to accept offers for Paul Pogba.

The French midfielder arrived from Manchester United last year on a free transfer, but has already become one of Antonio Conte’s key players.

The Bianconeri chief though, has conceded that the club couldn’t turn down big offers for the youngster.

“If a huge offer arrived for Paul Pogba,” he told reporters. “I don’t think, right now, we would be strong enough to resist it.

"If I was to judge it from a footballers' point of view, Italy is no longer the final destination but a transit destination.

"I am trying to think what will be of us in two or three years' time if we get a massive offer for one of the best talents we have today, Pogba, the French 20-year-old.

"Look at what happened to Milan. They had to give away Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to pay the cheques.

"At the end of the day you can be attractive, but you also need to have the economic strength."

We better not *bleep* sell Pogba for financial reasons. We aren't goddamn Milan we have our own stadium with a steady stream of revenue. I'm positive we are fine without selling Pogba. Besides he is the present and future of the team and could bring in titles.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Once again more people in Calcio talking about how bad of a shape Calcio is in, yet again not a single suggestion put forward to improve the situation.

It's like they've given up before they tried sorting it out.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:55 pm

the only thing I can think of saving us is a WC or Euro in Italy, where all these crap stadiums get replaced or fixed up. even thenthe attendance figures outside of Milan are pretty uninspiring, so I don't know

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm

He is just saying that if huge ofer arrived he would have to sell
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:14 pm

DeviAngel wrote:He is just saying that if huge ofer arrived he would have to sell
Yeah but its quite stupid to come out and say it in the open.

Last edited by S on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Juveman17 wrote:We better not *bleep* sell Pogba for financial reasons. We aren't goddamn Milan we have our own stadium with a steady stream of revenue. I'm positive we are fine without selling Pogba. Besides he is the present and future of the team and could bring in titles.
I'm not so sure about that.I would say its nowhere near what a top club requires in comparison to Bayern or an EPL team for example.
And i would also say it would take a considerable amount of time before Juve could generate a pretty high turnover.We might be 'fine' as of now for Italian standards but for European standards, i wouldnt bet my hopes on that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:the only thing I can think of saving us is a WC or Euro in Italy, where all these crap stadiums get replaced or fixed up.  even thenthe attendance figures outside of Milan are pretty uninspiring, so I don't know
Agreed. But it isnt coming for atleast 10 years, for some reason next Euros were given to france instead of Italy.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 pm

S wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:He is just saying that if huge ofer arrived he would have to sell
I am sure the media made bigger mess out of it than it is
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:49 pm

flameas wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:the only thing I can think of saving us is a WC or Euro in Italy, where all these crap stadiums get replaced or fixed up.  even thenthe attendance figures outside of Milan are pretty uninspiring, so I don't know
Agreed. But it isnt coming for atleast 10 years, for some reason next Euros were given to france instead of Italy.
 That's because France had 10 new stadiums either approved and funded, or under construction or about to open even before the Euro bid was won.

OM, Lille and Nice already have new stadiums.  Lyon, Bordeaux and others are under construction.  This was all independent of the Euro... they were already in progress.

Italy had nothing other than Juve's stadium.  The infrastructure just wasn't there and nothing was even in the works. Given the politics in Italy, there's no way UEFA could count on the infrastructure plans to suddenly catch up...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 pm

S wrote:
Why is it stupid? He's not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know. Even Pogba probably knows this is true, so I doubt it affects him.

The problem with Pogba is that we don't currently have an ideal position for him. I think we will have to change our tactics to maximize his skill and potential and even then, I don't know if a tactic change will work with Pogba playing with players like Marchisio and Vidal. I love Pogba, but if we get over 40m for him, I could see us selling him and I can't blame Agnelli if that happens.

I really think he needs a CAM spot to excel and I don't see Conte changing tactics to suit that role for Pogba.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Juventude wrote:
S wrote:
Why is it stupid?  He's not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know.  Even Pogba probably knows this is true, so I doubt it affects him.

The problem with Pogba is that we don't currently have an ideal position for him.  I think we will have to change our tactics to maximize his skill and potential and even then, I don't know if a tactic change will work with Pogba playing with players like Marchisio and Vidal.  I love Pogba, but if we get over 40m for him, I could see us selling him and I can't blame Agnelli if that happens.  

I really think he needs a CAM spot to excel and I don't see Conte changing tactics to suit that role for Pogba.  
Stupid as in this might encourage teams to put in bids right away even if its a known thing that we'll sell players if big offers arrive.You know its kinda like inviting teams into bids which sounds disappointing in my view.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:00 pm

It's stupid because it basically says that Juve doesn't have elite ambitions... for players that have elite ambitions, they will look elsewhere now.  

I agree with S here.  There was no reason to come and say this even if it's true.

And Pogba is not a CAM. He's a deep lying midfielder naturally.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm

It's not about our ambitions, it's about our league not being the 'final destination' of players atm

Which is true for plenty of non-italians
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Same difference... lack of ambition can be lack of ambition by policy or due to financial reasons.  Players don't care.  They just want to play for the best team possible while making as much money as possible.

By saying "we couldn't refuse a large offer for Pogba", you're inviting other clubs to bid and you're starting PR to prepare for his departure wit the media and fans.

Even if the player wasn't thinking about leaving... he is now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:30 pm

I disagree with the sentiment that it shows Juve doesn't have ambitions. Did Juve not have ambitions when they sold Zidane and turned it into multiple world class players? What if the sale of Pogba, a player we got for nothing, results in 40m? What if that 40m allows us to finally bring in top class LB or LWB? What if it allows us to sign a couple quality wingers? What if we are able to land a top striker? I think it's a piece of good business by Juve. We are not going to spend with the PSGs, Man Citys, and Barcas. We have to be smarter. And if that means selling a player at a position where we have too many players, then so be it. I'd love for Pogba to finish his career in a Juve jersey, but that probably won't happen and it doesn't mean Juve lacks ambition. That's just a stupid accusation. Would you say the same about United when they sold Ronaldo?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:It's not about our ambitions, it's about our league not being the 'final destination' of players atm

Which is true for plenty of non-italians
It doesn't matter how big of a club you are. Most players on a team are not at their final destination. Look at how many big clubs sold top players this summer despite the club having a strong financial record. Pogba could be great, but he isn't close to the level of some players that have left major clubs in recent years.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I agree that it could benefit us, however nothing positive comes from making a statement, particularly about a young, ambitious player who has declared how much he likes it here.

This has only given Pogba something to think about that he need not have been thinking about.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm

I love this statement...

fans can easily devalue the players we already have, just because we drop few points, and this statement somehow snap their brain outside of that...

so now we focus on POGBA instead of how terrible our wing backs, and points we dropped on Champions League...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Maybe, he is inviting offers. Is there anything wrong with that? If he is, it's probably something they've discussed with Pogba.

Here is the problem for Juve with Pogba:

I don't think he's signed a new contract yet. I'm guessing that he wants a huge contract extension that could put him near the top of the list of highest paid players at Juve. Juve has been trying to get their wages under control since the mistakes of calciopoli. If we make Pogba one of the highest paid players on the team, what is going to happen when players that are currently above Pogba in skill and actually start want a new contract? Soon, Juve will be paying the entire roster rather high salaries that I'm not sure we can afford since the club is still running deficits in their finances.

Also, let's not forget about the fact that Pogba has already left one club before they even got a chance to sell him and make some money off of him. He could do the same to Juve if we don't meet his contract demands or give him enough playing time. I like Pogba, but I think it says a lot about his potential immaturity with the way he screwed over United and Juve needs to be careful, especially with Raiola as his agent.

So, honestly, what is the big deal? Agnelli or any owner could probably make that same statement about one of their top players. If you get a crap load of money any team might sell any player. It's just that with Pogba and Juve it's more probable because of our depth at CM, the price we paid for him, the price we will have to pay again in the future for the next contract, and Pogba's transfer history. This isn't that crazy.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Pogba is not asking to leave... in fact, he's made it clear he wants to stay. But is there a wage target he's looking for? Absolutely. He would be stupid not to.

I understand Juve's position. That's not my point though... why go public? I don't understand that part.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pogba is not asking to leave... in fact, he's made it clear he wants to stay.  But is there a wage target he's looking for?  Absolutely.  He would be stupid not to.

I understand Juve's position.  That's not my point though... why go public?  I don't understand that part.
To get offers and big ones. To put teams in competition with each other to sign him. If that's what Juve ultimately wants, then isn't inviting offers a good idea?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Juventude i normally have cause to agree with u but here you are acting logically unsound...

you have a flashy car everybody in the neighborhood wants, you know even if you don't wanna sell it people wanna steal it anyways...

you put a banner on it thats says, "I cannot keep this car if a good offer came in."

that is as dumb as you can get with that banner and shows you lack ambition

and that is exactly what Agnelli/Juve are portraying here.....

I'd rather we were willing to lose Pogba ala Llorente Bilbao style than going around telling the world he is for sale...

either the media blew Agnelli's words out of proportion or Agnelli needs a mental check up really.... that is as dumb as can get....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:14 pm

elmystique wrote:Juventude i normally have cause to agree with u but here you are acting logically unsound...

you have a flashy car everybody in the neighborhood wants, you know even if you don't wanna sell it people wanna steal it anyways...

you put a banner on it thats says, "I cannot keep this car if a good offer came in."

that is as dumb as you can get with that banner and shows you lack ambition

and that is exactly what Agnelli/Juve are portraying here.....

I'd rather we were willing to lose Pogba ala Llorente Bilbao style than going around telling the world he is for sale...

either the media blew Agnelli's words out of proportion or Agnelli needs a mental check up really.... that is as dumb as can get....
I disagree. And really? You'd rather lose Pogba on a free than like this? I doubt that. That is a bit of exaggeration.

Teams say a player is for sale for a high offer all the time. Higuain was shopped around to a bunch of clubs and Real got a nice price out of him from Napoli that was much higher than what Juve and Arsenal were offering.

I think you're putting too much into the actual effect Agnelli's statements will have on the market. Owners, managers, and directors know who is available on the market. It's not some secret. Could Agnelli have said nothing and privately let teams know Pogba is for sale? Sure. Either way, I don't see it affecting his transfer price or whether he'll be transferred at all. If teams really want Pogba, they are likely put in bids now. They won't wait until he is available on a free because that's too risky.

If people really think the transfer market is some secret place where no one knows anything and people put in blind offers, then I guess I can't argue with that. If you prefer teams to say one thing to the media when they are saying another to other teams about the sale of a player and keeping it secret, then I can't argue with that either. But I think teams know how the market works and what the prices are.

Most public statements by teams and owners like Agnelli are well thought out statements with a purpose. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this is all part of some plan by him because he is trying to get people to up their bids from Arsenal's this summer. Or maybe he has some other plan all together. Either way, I give Agnelli, a very smart business man, more credit than some people on this board.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Letting teams know he's for sale for a good price is fine

Doing it in freaking October, is just stupid. For the next large part of the season, Pogba is now going to be at least slightly distracted, thinking about his future. This could've been said in 7 months from now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next