RedOranje
McAgger
27 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 29 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:42 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I would say tho that it's liverpool's fault for waiting deadline to make this deal happen. Speaks of lack of planning tbh
Exactly. I don't know how we waited till the last couple of days if we were seriously interested in a wide player and wasted so much time after Salah's transfer happened. I was already skeptical of signing Konoplyanka, all that within three days especially with that clueless *bleep* Ayre as our negotiator. Our transfer committee is a joke, I seriously don't think they have alternative backup options in mind beforehand in case we miss on a player.

I'm not as disappointed this time around as I was back in last season's summer window. We never needed Konoplyanka/Salah and the 16m would've just been a waste of money which we could've rather invested in a midfielder. We needed a midfielder and in that respect, this window definitely has been a failure. But on the other hand, I'm also glad we didn't sign him. That money will be put to better use in when far better and effective options will be available.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:47 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I would say tho that it's liverpool's fault for waiting deadline to make this deal happen. Speaks of lack of planning tbh
Exactly. I don't know how we waited till the last couple of days if we were seriously interested in a wide player and wasted so much time after Salah's transfer happened. I was already skeptical of signing Konoplyanka, all that within three days especially with that clueless *bleep* Ayre as our negotiator. Our transfer committee is a joke, I seriously don't think they have alternative backup options in mind beforehand in case we miss on a player.

I'm not as disappointed this time around as I was back in last season's summer window. We never needed Konoplyanka/Salah and the 16m would've just been a waste of money which we could've rather invested in a midfielder. We needed a midfielder and in that respect, this window definitely has been a failure. But on the other hand, I'm also glad we didn't sign him. That money will be put to better use in when far better and effective options will be available.
same as I posted that in general section too,we can buy some WC proven talent in the summer window.... now we just have to hope that we do finish in top 4

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 am

Ok so in light of news coming out that everything was concluded but the owner refused to sign I will retract my statement about Ayre.

However I will not lift all the blame from him or the committee. The c*nts had a whole month to build plans B and C. Having missed out on Salah (which is another huge embarrassment), Ayre should've realized on day 1 or 2 in Ukraine that the c*nt president wouldn't sell his prized asset. We shouldn't have made ourselves the biggest joke of the window on deadline day, looking like desperate idiots to the 11th hour.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:12 am

McAgger wrote:Okay look I'm not as disappointed as my knee jerk posts suggest. With everyone fit we still have a very good 14/15 player rotation core in our team. Bench obviously is not as strong but we have a lot of fire power in the starting XI to be able to take care of games there without needing a spark from the bench in the next 15 matches in the league.

This window will only hurt IF we don't get CL at the end of the season. If we actually do get CL then I think not signing players and saving the money will be a blessing in disguise. We'll be a stronger pull to a much higher caliber of players with CL.

So depending on future outcomes this window could either be 0/10 or just N/A.

in the gen section
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:17 am

People who are saying they aren't arsed this transfer failed ...I hope you do realize we are one injury away from starting Victor freaking Moses. Let that sink in.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:29 am

Major injuries are extraordinary circumstances that we do not have any control over. Just as you say someone important might get injured, they might NOT. And I don't think Moses will start now that Allen is back. And we HAVE already shown we can win with Moses in the team. Look this window is not so bad as long as we get CL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:51 am

What hurts the most is the shambolic pre-prepared interview. I totally agree with Sepi on that. The club had already sat Rodgers down and made two tapes, one with Brendan saying how happy he is that we've signed Kono and the other with him reiterating that the team is strong, togetherness, galvanizing bs and missing out on Kono won't change anything.

It's as if they had already prepared themselves for the failure with that stupid PR stunt. My blood is boiling about, it shows that they think we're f*cking stupid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:18 am

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 1h

Liverpool's failure is not missing out on Konoplyanka. It's getting into a position where missing out on him can be construed as failure.

That's probably the best way to put it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 am

McAgger wrote:What hurts the most is the shambolic pre-prepared interview. I totally agree with Sepi on that. The club had already sat Rodgers down and made two tapes, one with Brendan saying how happy he is that we've signed Kono and the other with him reiterating that the team is strong, togetherness, galvanizing bs and missing out on Kono won't change anything.

It's as if they had already prepared themselves for the failure with that stupid PR stunt. My blood is boiling about, it shows that they think we're f*cking stupid.

Source? lol

Sounds like bullshit, with all due respect.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:33 am

it was posted on the official website the second the news came out that we missed out on Konoplyanka.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:36 am

Ayre's getting a lot of blame, and he definitely deserves it but so does the whole committee.

You can't identify a target on the 2nd last day of the window and then just say "we missed out on him because of X Y and Z reasons".

We should of been doing all of this at the start of the window. It should never have been this late. I've stated it before, Kono or no Kono, this committee is not as good as everybody claims to be.

They've still yet to identify targets that are desperately needed.

We need cover for Lucas and we need a number 10 (and yes we do need a number 10, look at Rodgers comments when we were linked to the likes of Mkhitaryan and co, he wanted a player to link the midfield to attack). And then what do we do? We go out for Diego Costa (a CF) and Willian (a winger.....) and say Coutinho will play the number 10 role, and then played as the inside forward for 6 months. (He's only moved centrally now because of our lack of depth in the middle of the pitch.)

The only reason we got Sakho on deadline day was because he pretty much made the move and told PSG he wanted to leave. We had no back up to missing out on Papa before Sakho publicly stated he wanted to leave for game time.

We need to fix this committee by the summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:36 am

McAgger wrote:it was posted on the official website the second the news came out that we missed out on Konoplyanka.

So where do you get the other tape on if we actually did sign him?  Suspect 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:40 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/154441-boss-my-confidence-in-current-squad

here you go

that's basically Rodgers giving an interview and it's supposedly past 11pm when the window is already shut. Rodgers had left Melwood well before. This was basically a PR stunt by the management to prepare for anticipation of failure.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:43 am

Red Alert wrote:
McAgger wrote:it was posted on the official website the second the news came out that we missed out on Konoplyanka.

It's f*ckin common sense.

For all I know there may not have been a second tape, but tomorrow Rodgers will have come in and would've said things completely differently had we signed Kono, this was just to soften the blow in a very quick PR move by the management as if we're f*ckin idiots.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:43 am

The thing that hurts is not the second tape, it's this pre-prepared tape of Rodgers conceding defeat.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:44 am

This is from the Echo:

The ECHO understands the deal didn’t collapse due to finance but simply the owner’s point blank refusal to sell one of his prized assets.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yevhen-konoplyanka-liverpool-fc-transfer-6656521

In the article, they state:

Ayre believed Konoplyanka would be heading for Anfield after Liverpool’s improved offer triggered a £15million buyout clause in his contract.

The highly-rated Ukraine international passed a medical and agreed a long-term contract with the Reds.

Which is either bullshit from Liverpool's end, or there is no in fact a "buy out clause".

If there's a clause in the contract, that states he can leave at 15m, the owner has no right BUT to accept it as it's stated on Kono's contract.

__

James Lippett
‏@JamLipp78 5h Absolutely gutted, can't put it in to words.

(James Lippett is apparently Kono's agent.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:46 am

McAgger wrote:The thing that hurts is not the second tape, it's this pre-prepared tape of Rodgers conceding defeat.

Well what exactly do you want to him to come out and say?

"Sorry fans, we missed out on our target because we're stupid and left it to the last minute. This current group is not good enough for top 4, sorry lads. Maybe next season?"

Obviously he's going to come out and say he's happy with the group. We're still in the running for top 4, and we can't let it slip. He's keeping morale up not only to players, but to try and get the fans "positive" and help push the players to get into a European spot. We're not going to finish in Europe if the club is divided by supporters.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:47 am

McAgger wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

It's f*ckin common sense.

For all I know there may not have been a second tape, but tomorrow Rodgers will have come in and would've said things completely differently had we signed Kono, this was just to soften the blow in a very quick PR move by the management as if we're f*ckin idiots.

So it's common sense but there may not have been a second tape?

Come on now, I know you're mad, and you have every right to be, but think this through.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:48 am

Dude my point just flew over your head. I'm pissed at the fact that the management found it necessary to f*ckin make this tape hours and hours before we even knew how the negotiations would go. That's basically conceding defeat before you lose.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:51 am

Again everything Rodgers said was fine, it's the fact that the defeatist tape was prepared before hand that I have a problem with.

None of it is Rodgers' fault, I feel sorry for the guy. He was promised backing by the management, he's got us in a terrific position to maybe even challenge the top 3 but the suits fail to back him. Be it incompetence of our negotiators in the Salah deal or the inability of our owners to provide the cash to pay 1 or 2 million more to get the man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:53 am

McAgger wrote:Dude my point just flew over your head. I'm pissed at the fact that the management found it necessary to f*ckin make this tape hours and hours before we even knew how the negotiations would go. That's basically conceding defeat before you lose.

I got your point, I just think you're clutching at straws / making scenarios to be honest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 am

McAgger wrote:Again everything Rodgers said was fine, it's the fact that the defeatist tape was prepared before hand that I have a problem with.

None of it is Rodgers' fault, I feel sorry for the guy. He was promised backing by the management, he's got us in a terrific position  to maybe even challenge the top 3 but the suits fail to back him. Be it incompetence of our negotiators in the Salah deal or the inability of our owners to provide the cash to pay 1 or 2 million more to get the man.

You were fully against the Salah deal. Very Happy

And Rodgers IS to blame too. Not as much as the others, but he's still apart of this committee.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:00 am

Red Alert wrote:
McAgger wrote:Dude my point just flew over your head. I'm pissed at the fact that the management found it necessary to f*ckin make this tape hours and hours before we even knew how the negotiations would go. That's basically conceding defeat before you lose.

I got your point, I just think you're clutching at straws / making scenarios to be honest.

Well if you are too thick to see it then that's on you.

Last edited by McAgger on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:02 am

Red Alert wrote:
McAgger wrote:Again everything Rodgers said was fine, it's the fact that the defeatist tape was prepared before hand that I have a problem with.

None of it is Rodgers' fault, I feel sorry for the guy. He was promised backing by the management, he's got us in a terrific position  to maybe even challenge the top 3 but the suits fail to back him. Be it incompetence of our negotiators in the Salah deal or the inability of our owners to provide the cash to pay 1 or 2 million more to get the man.

You were fully against the Salah deal. Very Happy

And Rodgers IS to blame too. Not as much as the others, but he's still apart of this committee.

No I wasn't, like everyone I questioned why were in for an attacker when there were gaping holes in other areas of the team but I never was against signing Salah.

No Rodgers is not to blame. Rodgers is part of the scouting side of the committee. The scouting part of the committee have done their jobs to perfection. They have identified some very good players that negotiating side of the committee has failed to wrap up.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:06 am

Rodgers is not part of the scouting committee ffs. That's just like saying Rodgers is part of the chef crew. Laughing

His job in the committee it to tell the scouts what they should be looking for. That's all he has to do. He does not scout, nor does he negotiate with other teams. He simply just tells what type of player he wants / needs.

Rodgers stated he wanted a winger / attacker hence we went for Salah and Kono.

So he is to blame, partially, because it's clear we needed cover for Lucas and another midfielder.

And the scouting job didn't do their jobs to perfection.

They spent 20m alone in the summer for 3 players that don't play. Again, they've only got ONE window right, and that was LAST January where we acquired Coutinho and Sturridge. And we only got Sturridge because he also became "available" (came out and said he wanted to leave Chelsea) and Rodgers chose him because he's worked with him in the past.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 am

I didn't mean Rodgers is a f*ckin scout. For a lack of a better term I used 'scouting side' but what I meant was that he's on the side of the committee that basically identifies the player and then gives the list of names to the negotiators and what not.

That side of the committee have done remarkably well. They have identified Mkh, Costa, Willian, Salah, and Konoplyanka as primary targets for the first team, none of whom the other side has been able to wrap up. At least Mkh, Costa and William who were linked with in the summer have shown that they are very good players since the summer and that our interest was well placed. (because in the summer no one really knew how good Costa would become this season or know much about how good Mkh was).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next