Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Winter Window || Jan 2014 - Page 14 Empty Re: Winter Window || Jan 2014

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:03 am

M99 wrote:
Salah-Suarez-Coutinho
Sturridge

Nice.
We ain't gonna line-up like that ever.. like I had said after the summer window when people were believing Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Moses/Aspas would all start together. We'll play with 3 proper midfielders.

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:08 am

Gerrard - - - Henderson
- - - - Coutinho - - - -
Sturridge - Suarez - Salah

:coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 30 Dec
Liverpool getting Tello on loan is very close to happening: Just had a confirmation from internal source from Barcelona

He is a weird source but then again rumors regarding Tello are getting noisy! hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Fantastic news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hughes-liverpool-agree-first-option-2975851#.UsNIsqvAghV.twitter

Brendan Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder, who is seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has agreed a ‘first option’ deal for Derby County’s brilliant youngster Will Hughes.

Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder - seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor - as part of a pact with the Rams.

The Kop chief has agreed to let England under-21 defender Andre Wisdom go to Derby on loan for the rest of the season.

Steve McClaren will be able to play Wisdom against Chelsea in the FA Cup this weekend after the new terms were struck.

Wisdom had been on a youth loan, with the option of going back to Anfield if Rodgers needed him. But now he has gone to Pride Park on a new basis.

And as part of the transfer Liverpool have an agreement with Derby that they get the option to buy Hughes when the Rams decide to sell.

Hughes has been on Rodgers’s radar for months but the Liverpool boss held back from buying him because he would not go into his side yet.

But the Anfield chief is a huge fan of Hughes and wants to be sure he does not lose him elsewhere if he is sold in the summer.

The deal suits all parties as Liverpool now have a major say in Hughes’s next move and Derby have their young talent safely tied up for the promotion push.

Hughes is also settled and playing well for McClaren’s side - with the Rams not looking to sell him at the moment.

And giving Wisdom an extended run in the Championship has worked out well for the player too.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Liverpool Echo

Liverpool remain keen on FC Basel forward Mohamed Salah – but reports suggesting a £7million fee has been agreed are wide of the mark.

The Reds have held initial talks with the Swiss outfit but the ECHO understands that any potential deal for the Egypt international remains some way off.

There has been intense speculation in his homeland that Salah would arrive on Merseyside later this week to undergo a medical and pen a five-year deal.

However, that's news to Liverpool officials who have yet to make a breakthrough in discussions with Basel.

There are also a number of other clubs interested in the player known as the 'Egyptian Messi' and the Swiss Super League side are in no rush to sell.

Unless a compromise can be reached, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Salah, who scored both home and away against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this season, will enter the final two years of his contract.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have dismissed reports in Spain that Barcelona winger Cristian Tello will be heading to Anfield on loan for the rest of the season.

Tello, who rejected the chance to join the Reds on a season-long loan in the summer of 2012, has found his opportunities limited under Gerardo Martino this term.

That has led to speculation that the 22-year-old could move on in January.

Liverpool did enquire about his availability but they are now looking at other options.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 am

looks like we are waiting for today's match to get over to announce Salah's signing, we might see him today in stands##sources :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 pm

According to Mirror Liverpool are chasing 17 year old Napoli right back Armando Anastasio.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Honestly getting sick of getting linked to little kids.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Then you might as well stop paying attention to any and all transfer reports and discussion, because the club will continue to "get linked with kids" regardless of actual targets or needs. The media will continue to make up stories based on the comments from Rodgers and the owners with regards to our long-term transfer policy and fans will inevitably eat it all up. So your only real optio9n is to become a hermit and live in seclusion in the mountains or woods somewhere.

See you in February!  drinking 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't mind signing kids at that age for the reserves team. What I do mind is paying 7m of our budget that could be used to strengthen other parts of the first team squad. Thing with this Anastasio kid is that he hasn't signed a professional contract for Napoli yet so he'll be dirt cheap.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Yeah, in principle I do like the recruitment strategy of buying young players who are more likely to retain or grow their value, but so far we haven't spent those monies wisely, it seems.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, in principle I do like the recruitment strategy of buying young players who are more likely to retain or grow their value, but so far we haven't spent those monies wisely, it seems.
Given the entire basis of that strategy, we won't know whether it was wisely spent for another season or 2 really when either the players mature with us or move on for a (hopefully higher) price that can be compared to their signing price.

Also, looking at the squad and position in the table compared to 09/10 and 10/11 I'd say we aren't doing too badly overall.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 pm

well I must admit that my faith in the policy is restored after seeing the likes of Henderson rising (although the value was high the policy was same :coffee: ) and performing like an ACE. We have even got Coutinho who falls into the same category. We have already shown that we dont mind pursuing the likes of Mkhi, willian also. So i believe that we are definitely trying to keep the balance between everything we do. There is no doubt that once and a while we are going to end up wrong about one or two players.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Take Shelvey for example. We got him for around 1m but he didn't work out for us, although he did progress so we sold him for a profit at 5m.

And then there are the likes of Suso and Sterling that might actually make it here (going from what they've shown so far).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed that Adam Morgan has joined Yeovil Town on a permanent deal.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/152424-morgan-joins-yeovil-on-permanent-deal
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Wish him well for the rest of his career. Always gave his all for us. He was never going to make it with us so good move for him career wise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

McAgger wrote:Fantastic news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hughes-liverpool-agree-first-option-2975851#.UsNIsqvAghV.twitter

Brendan Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder, who is seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has agreed a ‘first option’ deal for Derby County’s brilliant youngster Will Hughes.

Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder - seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor - as part of a pact with the Rams.

The Kop chief has agreed to let England under-21 defender Andre Wisdom go to Derby on loan for the rest of the season.

Steve McClaren will be able to play Wisdom against Chelsea in the FA Cup this weekend after the new terms were struck.

Wisdom had been on a youth loan, with the option of going back to Anfield if Rodgers needed him. But now he has gone to Pride Park on a new basis.

And as part of the transfer Liverpool have an agreement with Derby that they get the option to buy Hughes when the Rams decide to sell.

Hughes has been on Rodgers’s radar for months but the Liverpool boss held back from buying him because he would not go into his side yet.

But the Anfield chief is a huge fan of Hughes and wants to be sure he does not lose him elsewhere if he is sold in the summer.

The deal suits all parties as Liverpool now have a major say in Hughes’s next move and Derby have their young talent safely tied up for the promotion push.

Hughes is also settled and playing well for McClaren’s side - with the Rams not looking to sell him at the moment.

And giving Wisdom an extended run in the Championship has worked out well for the player too.
I thought that was Shelvey. Laughing

Need to get in experienced players ffs.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Rather growing weary on how every young English talent who can pass and shoot while going box-to-box can be the successor to Gerrard and frankly I do not see that in Hughes (just yet).

We had Spearing and Shelvey as our potential successors as one turned out to be punching above his weight while the other was insanely overhyped and fails to commit even the most basic of footballing manoeuvres.

As for Anastasio; its not exactly exciting to see us being linked with such raw and unproven talents yet this kid is actually very talented.

He is essentially similar to Milan's Mattia De Sciglio- Two-footed fullback (Like Glenno), excellent crossing, can play both sides, very versatile and has great technique.

Where he stood out were his performances for Napoli in the UEFA Youth League where he marked out his designated attackers in every single game bar the one vs Marseille where he played CB.

Napoli is churning out serious talent as I would love to capitalize on this lad.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Not sure why the media are comparing Will Hughes to Gerrard....

He's absolutely nothing like him.... he's not box to box and he's not a long range shooter like Gerrard.

He has fantastic appreciation of space, close control, technique, dribbling and passing range as well as vision.

He's more like Silva tbh, he's a fantastic young player who will join a PL side at some point who ever that is.

I wanted us to go out and buy him this month and then sell Cabaye to the highest bidder.... but that will never happen as Ashley will never spend anything and why would he want to join a club which has a manager which will never improve him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:18 pm

There is no doubt in my mind Hughes will be a Red in the future. At the moment though I feel Derby is the best place for him. He won't get game time with us and Derby might just get promoted to PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

I think we should reach an agreement with the kid and the club as soon as possible(probably this window itself), as the kid certainly seems to be talented. As BR already said, it is a good thing that we will be keeping him there. Let him come when he will be ready and also we can invest that money on someone else right now. Or if FSG invests in him right now, I hope it wont affect other first team targets.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 pm

McAgger wrote:There is no doubt in my mind Hughes will be a Red in the future. At the moment though I feel Derby is the best place for him. He won't get game time with us and Derby might just get promoted to PL.

If he's as good as he's hyped up to be, I'd take him over Allen..
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Arty pls, Allen is GOAT except he misses chances from six yards

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm

I would even go as far as to say he's more guaranteed to be a top player in the future than even Sterling, Hendo, Morrison, or any other English youth that's talented. The kid is class at such a young age. His positional awareness, technique, dribbling, ball control, passing are already polished to a very very high extent. He's still maturing physically but at 18 he's already as tall as Gerrard. And his body is still maturing, he's a bit skinny now but his body will surely fill in. I think he'll be a dream CM for a top team in PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure why the media are comparing Will Hughes to Gerrard....

He's absolutely nothing like him.... he's not box to box and he's not a long range shooter like Gerrard.

He has fantastic appreciation of space, close control, technique, dribbling and passing range as well as vision.

He's more like Silva tbh, he's a fantastic young player who will join a PL side at some point who ever that is.

I wanted us to go out and buy him this month and then sell Cabaye to the highest bidder.... but that will never happen as Ashley will never spend anything and why would he want to join a club which has a manager which will never improve him.

He is actually a CM. I wouldn't exactly say he's a box to box but he's a CM nonetheless who is probably just as good playing AM. If I had to compare him to anyone I'd probably compare him to Scholes.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Btw Derby play Chelsea this weekend in the FA Cup. So you can watch Will Hughes in action if you're interested. I'm definitely going to be watching.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next