aleumdance
Kaladin
Casciavit
Arquitecto
DuringTheWar
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Official UEFA Youth league thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official UEFA Youth league thread

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Arquitescu wrote:German and Italian teams have a disadvantage considering both governing footballing bodies stress an obscene amount on the youth's studies to which tremendously cuts down the time they have to train along with the absurd timings of the matches themselves.

so do the english if I am not mistaken

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official UEFA Youth league thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official UEFA Youth league thread

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Hoping for a Clasico final.

Enzo Zidane to show those Barca scrubs how its done :coffee:

Enzo is actually a good leader of the U19's but he isn't really the star of the show.

To be honest with you none of the U19's actually looks like potential world beaters to me but there is a real togetherness that surrounds that squad and a lot of them have good heads on their shoulders.

None of them are world beaters but a lot of them will have solid careers as pros imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:05 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:German and Italian teams have a disadvantage considering both governing footballing bodies stress an obscene amount on the youth's studies to which tremendously cuts down the time they have to train along with the absurd timings of the matches themselves.

so do the english if I am not mistaken

Yea specially at Arsenal they all have to have education qualifications if they want to play for the 1st team
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Well, IMO it is sensible that they have to get some proper education. Not every player will have a career that allows him to live off the earning of being a player.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Zealous wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Hoping for a Clasico final.

Enzo Zidane to show those Barca scrubs how its done :coffee:

Enzo is actually a good leader of the U19's but he isn't really the star of the show.

To be honest with you none of the U19's actually looks like potential world beaters to me but there is a real togetherness that surrounds that squad and a lot of them have good heads on their shoulders.

None of them are world beaters but a lot of them will have solid careers as pros imo.

I agree about Enzo. If anyone thinks he is going to become just a fraction of what Zidane was they are going to be very disappointed. He is very limited as a player. he is strong, tall and has good shots thats about that

Fran Sol is still with Juvenile A iirc I expect a big future for him. Give the rest time imo. Just a year ago they had Benavente and Raul De Thomas destroying everyone and everything. The others just need a little more time to develop their technique they look too raw to me
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Agree, losing Benavente and De Tomas was always going to be tough for them to deal with.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Semi-Finals:
Barcelona vs Schalke
Real Madrid vs Benfica

Semis on 11 April, Final on 14.

Visca el Barca!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Very one sided Arsenal reporting from RG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:49 pm

When its a Clasico final.

The Franchise wrote:Very one sided Madrid reporting from RealMadridista
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/s720x720/1499510_980210242019192_402223459_n.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 am

My opinion of the game was that in the first half Arsenal were better, mostly in the middle of the pitch. No doubt their midfield as a unit and individually are better.

However, at the back we was fairly comfortable except when they put high pressure. But actually building attacks there was very little happening. And at the other end of the pitch, Adama was running riot, even in his fairly crude way.

The second half we was better and kept the ball better and played with more maturity than Arsenal. Especially at both ends of the pitch.

In terms of the players. Gnabry did not impress me, he was outplayed by Adama and neither did the traitor Toral. Gnabry made some very good dribbles and you could see his ability, but when you compare his actual impact, even with the goal, it pales in comparison to Adama. Despite his goal, I was rarely worried by him.

Toral..he was blasted past at least half a dozen times by our no.8 and others (whos name escapes me). He cant defend for his life.

I see some Gago in him. I saw him give up when someone dribbled past him, a horrible sign. I dont want him back.

With the ball, him and the other midfielder's are excellent technically, but lack physique or real defensive ability when they couldnt press.

For us, RG is right that probably none of this group will make it. Not in the midfield and attack anyway.

Even Adama, who has incredible speed (as fast Tello perhaps even faster) and dribbling...is very rough around the edges and some of his finishes/shots (the goals aside) were cumbersome. Maybe he can improve and while he looked incredible against other kids, I think he would struggle to make this impact at a higher level.

The number 8 (may of been the guy RG mentioned, Kaptoum) showed a great ability to go from a standing start to accelerating past players in the midfield. Once he changed direction and speed, nobody could stay with him. Was pretty strong too so he shrugged off challenges. However, his passing is SHOCKINGLY bad. Basic passes he was getting inaccurate and wrongly weighted, on a consistent basis.

The one player who I think might be something is the captain, the rightback who missed the penalty. He isnt super fast so I think he needs to become a centerback, but his defensive positioning is very good and he has a great read of tackling. He was also very sure of himself and confident, good on the ball (never overcomplicated it) and physically very tough.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 am

Ain't nobody got time for an unbiased report

Surprised to read your version btw. Because Kaptoum did look something special along with Mohammed El Ouriachi who came in the 2nd half. Bellerin had an easy game till he came on.

But as always, can't say anything for certain with the youth players.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 am

M99 wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/s720x720/1499510_980210242019192_402223459_n.png

He's 18, not 17.

Xavi and Iniesta can confirm by the way.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:05 am

No shame in being beaten by a 28/27 year old.

We did quite well but we missed the presence of our first choice CB (hayden), our defensive midfielder (kamara) due to suspension, and our creative talisman (Crowley). Without them as to be expected we were vulnerable defensively and blunt in the final third. Nonetheless, there were positives, our first years pleguezuelo and zelalem looked comfortable already ahead of their age group and will surely make improvements next season, akpom and Olsson also showed promise.

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:26 am

Adama is legit 18 years old, he was born in Catalunya, there are no cases of birth certificate fraud here.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:28 am

DuringTheWar wrote:No shame in being beaten by a 28/27 year old.

We did quite well but we missed the presence of our first choice CB (hayden), our defensive midfielder (kamara) due to suspension, and our creative talisman (Crowley). Without them as to be expected we were vulnerable defensively and blunt in the final third. Nonetheless, there were positives, our first years pleguezuelo and zelalem looked comfortable already ahead of their age group and will surely make improvements next season, akpom and Olsson also showed promise.

Were you able to watch the game? Barca TV didn't broadcast it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:12 am

The Franchise wrote:My opinion of the game was that in the first half Arsenal were better, mostly in the middle of the pitch. No doubt their midfield as a unit and individually are better.

However, at the back we was fairly comfortable except when they put high pressure. But actually building attacks there was very little happening. And at the other end of the pitch, Adama was running riot, even in his fairly crude way.

The second half we was better and kept the ball better and played with more maturity than Arsenal. Especially at both ends of the pitch.

In terms of the players. Gnabry did not impress me, he was outplayed by Adama and neither did the traitor Toral. Gnabry made some very good dribbles and you could see his ability, but when you compare his actual impact, even with the goal, it pales in comparison to Adama. Despite his goal, I was rarely worried by him.

Toral..he was blasted past at least half a dozen times by our no.8 and others (whos name escapes me). He cant defend for his life.

I see some Gago in him. I saw him give up when someone dribbled past him, a horrible sign. I dont want him back.

With the ball, him and the other midfielder's are excellent technically, but lack physique or real defensive ability when they couldnt press.

For us, RG is right that probably none of this group will make it. Not in the midfield and attack anyway.

Even Adama, who has incredible speed (as fast Tello perhaps even faster) and dribbling...is very rough around the edges and some of his finishes/shots (the goals aside) were cumbersome. Maybe he can improve and while he looked incredible against other kids, I think he would struggle to make this impact at a higher level.

The number 8 (may of been the guy RG mentioned, Kaptoum) showed a great ability to go from a standing start to accelerating past players in the midfield. Once he changed direction and speed, nobody could stay with him. Was pretty strong too so he shrugged off challenges. However, his passing is SHOCKINGLY bad. Basic passes he was getting inaccurate and wrongly weighted, on a consistent basis.

The one player who I think might be something is the captain, the rightback who missed the penalty. He isnt super fast so I think he needs to become a centerback, but his defensive positioning is very good and he has a great read of tackling. He was also very sure of himself and confident, good on the ball (never overcomplicated it) and physically very tough.

Where did you watch the game? Is it available on line?

On your comments, Adama will surely make it at Barça. At 18 recently made he is already having a huge impact in Segunda, so the doubt if he have an impact vs. pros is pretty much gone. He lacks technique, but so do Tello or Walcott. And in just 10 minutes at the first team he almost scored a wonder goal dribling 3 players. He has a lot of room of improvement and he should be put in a passing and technique training, but that's what playing at Barça basically.

I gather you didn't notice the CB Juanma, but he is another player that I think he will make it. A Barça defender that is remarkable for his defending, something that is rare in our defenders. Also, he is the youngest at the Juvenil A, born in 1997.

Kaptoum, Munir, Alex Corredera and Godswill also have a chance. And you never know what will happen with the others.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 pm

I watched the game on television, one of the EuroSport channels. I dont remember which.

As for the players.

Walcott has more technique than I think you give him credit for and I dont think Tello is good enough for Barca.

When I say "make it" I mean at Barca. Perhaps Adama can, he has a chance...but he must improve certain aspects of his game relatively quickly.

I didnt notice one of the centerbacks, but that wasnt his fault, he had very little to do.

One of the two was quite badly at fault for one of the goals, but I am not sure which centerback it was.

So, I am not sure about that.

Kaptoum has to improve his passing ALOT and fast, some of them were atrociously bad.

Godswill didnt start the game, he came on and actually looked good but I didnt include him in my comments.

Is Alex a leftwinger? I didnt know the name of whoever was playing on the left, perhaps it was him. I wasnt impressed..he worked hard defensively though.

Munir (the striker who scored I assume) didnt do much aside from his goal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ain't nobody got time for an unbiased report

Surprised to read your version btw. Because Kaptoum did look something special along with Mohammed El Ouriachi who came in the 2nd half. Bellerin had an easy game till he came on.

But as always, can't say anything for certain with the youth players.

Maybe I am mixing him up. The black guy, number 8 is who I am talking about...and im sure it was him who scored.

Horrible, horrible passing...more than half of them didnt reach their target or reached the player who had to struggle to control it.

Great at bursting through spaces in the middle, but that passing cant get out of my head.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:I watched the game on television, one of the EuroSport channels. I dont remember which.

As for the players.

Walcott has more technique than I think you give him credit for and I dont think Tello is good enough for Barca.

When I say "make it" I mean at Barca. Perhaps Adama can, he has a chance...but he must improve certain aspects of his game relatively quickly.

I didnt notice one of the centerbacks, but that wasnt his fault, he had very little to do.

One of the two was quite badly at fault for one of the goals, but I am not sure which centerback it was.

So, I am not sure about that.

Kaptoum has to improve his passing ALOT and fast, some of them were atrociously bad.

Godswill didnt start the game, he came on and actually looked good but I didnt include him in my comments.

Is Alex a leftwinger? I didnt know the name of whoever was playing on the left, perhaps it was him. I wasnt impressed..he worked hard defensively though.

Munir (the striker who scored I assume) didnt do much aside from his goal.

Here are the higlights:

http://es.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000503/match=2014086/index.html

The black guy #8 is Enguena, Kaptoum is the 17.

Seems Munir did quite a lot, provoked the penalty with a great run and dribling, invoved in the third goal and scored the first.

Alex was not playing I see. Alex corredera is a left footed CM with a lot of talent. And I think Juanma was playing as LB...

When I say that Adama will make it, I mean he will make it at Barça. He will surely be a first teamer sooner or later, at least as a rotation player. I disagree that Tello is not good enough for us as a rotation player and impact sub. He is out of confidence now and that's why he plays so poorly, but when given moderately confidence he was playing better than Alexis.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Munir did alright, but I would say he got nomore than 8-10 touches the entire game. The penalty was his best play for me, great run behind and good skill to get around the goalie. But playing as a striker, it was hard to get alot of touches.

Meh, Tello had his time where he did well but even with 100% confidence he cant impact a game starting and did pretty poorly when he got games vs better teams, Madrid comes to mind.

Anyway, I think Adama will be better than him. So, I wont completely rule him out at his age. But as I said, he has to improve.

Overall my quite negative comments regarding Barca were that I was more impressed by Arsenal's individuals than ours. We played smarter, we were more mature..but in terms of talent, I was a little underwhelmed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Munir did alright, but I would say he got nomore than 8-10 touches the entire game. The penalty was his best play for me, great run behind and got skill to get around. But playing as a striker, it was hard to get alot of touches.

Meh, Tello had his time where he did well but even with 100% confidence he cant impact a game starting and did pretty poorly when he got games vs better teams, Madrid comes to mind.

Anyway, I think Adama will be better than him. So, I wont completely rule him out at his age. But as I said, he has to improve.

Tello has started in top flight... 30 games? And vs. Madrid it was like his 10th start. I'm not his biggest fan but surely a longer run of games could show his real talent (or lack). He lacks technique but he has an unmatched speed and has some very good abilities as shown by his tremendous goal the other day.

However, with Adama and Deulofeu, both similar players and arguably better or with more potential, we could well sell him. But maybe next season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 pm

His speed is great but he really hasnt improved his basic skills. I dont mind so much he isnt doing well now, I agree its because he dont have confidence...he is ALOT better than he shows now.

But in the years since he came into the team, his left foot is still poor, he cant cross with it or shoot with it. He never goes left (when he does, it almost always goes wrong for him), his touch lets him down and above all else, he makes some very bad decisions. I am disappointed most with his lack of development in terms of skill and intelligence than his actual performances.

Perhaps your correct, he could do with more games to show everything...however, I think we both know he will not get them.

Pedro and Alexis are having very productive seasons and Neymar is Neymar. Where will these opportunities even come? We cant even afford that kind of patience with him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 pm

I couldn't watch the game just highlights, but almost all the opinions I read about the fame from Barcelona fans agree that Kaptoum who came on in the 2nd half made the difference... Assisted, scored and controlled the game... He's a CM which something we really need in the next few seasons...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:04 am

His acceleration, lmao. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:26 am

He's really fast and strong physically, but still for now I put Adama and Deulofeu in the same category as Tello. Sure they're more talented than Tello, big potential but still not sure if they'll make it at Barca!

I've watched matches for "Lee" in Al-Kass Tournament, he's the real thing...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next