Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 am

That Asian guy is hilarious Smile

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

iPhone 5S and 5C - Page 2 Empty Re: iPhone 5S and 5C

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 am

I'm a slave to Apple products Sad Just got myself the 5S and as much as I love it, I hate myself for spending so much money on it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:53 am

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

Great break down of the phone.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 am

There are many reviews out there that claim the iPhone 5S is the best smartphone today in terms of performance.

Pretty much indicates that many Android smartphone manufacturers lie about the specs. Who seriously believe that some smartphones have quad core processing anyway? It has been seriously criticized over the years.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:03 pm

apple designs there own software and chips to work flawlessly together, you get performance because of extreme optimization for each other.

Android phones pack crap loads more features hence why they require the massive processors and tons of RAM, sure most of them are gimmicky and useless (looking at you Samsung)
but they are not lying about the specs lol people take these things apart all the time
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Dutti wrote:There are many reviews out there that claim the iPhone 5S is the best smartphone today in terms of performance.

Pretty much indicates that many Android smartphone manufacturers lie about the specs. Who seriously believe that some smartphones have quad core processing anyway? It has been seriously criticized over the years.
Most High End Android Phones are 6 month old now, Top End Android Phones comes out in First Q1 while Apple comes out in September alot changes in 6 months... Plus Apple uses alot of Samsung chips in their Phone.

Plus iOS multitasking is no where as good as Android which takes much of the power and ram
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 am

Butt wrote:
Dutti wrote:There are many reviews out there that claim the iPhone 5S is the best smartphone today in terms of performance.

Most High End Android Phones are 6 month old now, Top End Android Phones comes out in First Q1 while Apple comes out in September alot changes in 6 months... Plus Apple uses alot of Samsung chips in their Phone.

Plus iOS multitasking is no where as good as Android which takes much of the power and ram
Multitasking is no where good?

The last time I used an all new S4 for a week, it lagged so bad just from running a few apps. In iOS, I have never experienced lagging.

In fact, current benchmarks published by tech websites reveal the new iPhone's processing performance, using apparently lower specs, exceeds all other smartphones. Now is that the power of iOS7 or is that an indication that Android manufacturers lie about the specs of their phones? A lot of tech sites have now claimed the latter is likely the case.

So talking about ram and processing speed doesn't really help Android because 5S has apparently lower specs and yet still manage to beat all other smartphones in terms of performance.

The chips that are made by Samsung are A7 microprocessors, which are designed by Apple. But Apple doesn't have manufacturing plant at all, so they contracted Samsung to make the chips.

None of Apple products is assembled by Apple, but obviously they are designed by Apple.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 am

Dutti wrote:
Butt wrote:

The last time I used an all new S4 for a week, it lagged so bad just from running a few apps. In iOS, I have never experienced lagging.

In fact, current benchmarks published by tech websites reveal the new iPhone's processing performance, using apparently lower specs, exceeds all other smartphones. Now is that the power of iOS7 or is that an indication that Android manufacturers lie about the specs of their phones? A lot of tech sites have now claimed the latter is likely the case.

So talking about ram and processing speed doesn't really help Android because 5S has apparently lower specs and yet still manage to beat all other smartphones in terms of performance.

The chips that are made by Samsung are A7 microprocessors, which are designed by Apple. But Apple doesn't have manufacturing plant at all, so they contracted Samsung to make the chips.

None of Apple products is assembled by Apple, but obviously they are designed by Apple.
:facepalm:

No tech site has claimed that Android phone makers have lied so stop making false claims... all Phones have to go through Governmental Checks (FCC in US) before they are put for sale, plus sites like iFixit open up the phone and disassemble every phone and list the parts. Qualcomm, Samsung,Texas Instruments and others are the ones that make the system chips, and they can't lie about their products...

And once Again all Top End Android Phones are 6 months old atm, it is expected for 5s to be better then them, and the same will happen when the Galaxy 5 or new HTC comes out they will be faster then 5s

And stop exaggerating... no way is S4 that laggy, almost all respect tech sites have claimed the lag is almost non existent, it's not smooth like iOS but it's pretty close
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 am

Butt wrote:
Dutti wrote:
Butt wrote:Most High End Android Phones are 6 month old now, Top End Android Phones comes out in First Q1 while Apple comes out in September alot changes in 6 months... Plus Apple uses alot of Samsung chips in their Phone.

:facepalm:

No tech site has claimed that Android phone makers have lied so stop making false claims... all Phones have to go through Governmental Checks (FCC in US) before they are put for sale, plus sites like iFixit open up the phone and disassemble every phone and list the parts. Qualcomm, Samsung,Texas Instruments and others are the ones that make the system chips, and they can't lie about their products...

And once Again all Top End Android Phones are 6 months old atm, it is expected for 5s to be better then them, and the same will happen when the Galaxy 5 or new HTC comes out they will be faster then 5s

And stop exaggerating... no way is S4 that laggy, almost all respect tech sites have claimed the lag is almost non existent, it's not smooth like iOS but it's pretty close
You lied about iOS multitasking not being as good as Android, and tried to make false implication that some of the components in the iPhone are Samsung's products. So why should I not reply with lies as well.

Do you seriously think, to see if the processors are quad-core processors, FCC samples a batch of smartphones, opens them up and then opens the packaging of each processor that has been air-tightly sealed and passed stringent quality control checks such as heated bubble tests? If you ever work at a chip manufacturing plant, you would know how impossible it is to open the seal.

I did not exaggerate about S4 being laggy. I did use an all new S4 just after it was released. I used it for one week and it was laggy like previous versions of galaxy phones. They are all laggy.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:53 am

Well I've hardly read any of this thread, but my thoughts:
iPhones boast amazing benchmarks with worse specs because Apple only has one big phone to release every year, they can afford to optimise their software specifically for their hardware, which results in them performing better than expected.
On the other hand, Android is used across hundreds of different devices, and doesn't have software which is as well optimised.

Edit: Oh wait, B-Mac already said it above, and everyone just ignored him Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 am

Butt's statement about iOS multitasking is a reference to the fact that in iOS, I'm not sure, but I think that it just saves the screen you were on and stuff like that, then loads it when you enter the app again. Android actually runs the processes in the background.

One of them is easier on performance (guess which).

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:05 am

Samsung used to manufacture LCD screens and processors for Apple, so what? Yes, the processors were designed by Apple, but Samsung did manufacture them. I wouldn't have any problem calling them 'Apple chips' or 'Samsung chips', and neither should you.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:59 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Butt's statement about iOS multitasking is a reference to the fact that in iOS, I'm not sure, but I think that it just saves the screen you were on and stuff like that, then loads it when you enter the app again. Android actually runs the processes in the background.

One of them is easier on performance (guess which).
Yup, doesn't seem to me like Dutti has ever used a Android phone and is talking out of his ass...and well he is admitted that he is making up stuff

I haven't used iOS 7 so i don't know much about it's multitasking but i know they have improved it greatly by adding a webos like multitasking. Before iOS 7 there was no multitasking in iOS, the so called multitasking was a more of recent opened Apps then the multitasking which android has which has programs running in the background while your using another one.... Much of processing in Android happens in the background for example it automatically updates apps, downloads thing in the background, while in iOS you have to go to app to get it start
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Dutti wrote:I did not exaggerate about S4 being laggy. I did use an all new S4 just after it was released. I used it for one week and it was laggy like previous versions of galaxy phones. They are all laggy.
My S3 is very smooth and it only becomes laggy when I turn on the power saving option, maybe you had that feature on?

In terms of specs the Nexus 5 is supposed to have better ones than the 5S
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Can confidently say that Sony Xperia Z1 is the best phone out there. Better than both iPhones in terms of usability and pretty much everything else.

Also i have no idea where you bought the S4 from but that's the first time i have heard about it being laggy.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Dutti wrote:I did not exaggerate about S4 being laggy. I did use an all new S4 just after it was released. I used it for one week and it was laggy like previous versions of galaxy phones. They are all laggy.
My S3 is very smooth and it only becomes laggy when I turn on the power saving option, maybe you had that feature on?

In terms of specs the Nexus 5 is supposed to have better ones than the 5S
Nexus is gonna be more optimized for Android because Google will have a hand on it, but the specs aren't gonna be better then 5s, nexus line don't always use the top of the end specs, it's more about optimization, like the Moto X
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Well Motorola acts as a different company, so Google normally doesn't bother to have too much of a say. The Nexus 5 is rumoured to pack a Snapdragon MSM8974, which is a quad core processor clocked at 2265MHz or something.
Quad core? Ha, it's probably dual core Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm

any android running stock android runs silky smooth, people forget that all these phone manufacturers skin android and add all there features to them, a stock android phone runs super smooth and 0 lag.

you want to compare phones, run a high end android running stock android that is the only fair comparison to iOS7

and ya my statement of how apple optimizes there hardware and software to run perfect together seems to have been ignored lol

phone manufacturers for android are given a version of android and then skin it with there own touch and features, they don't create the actual software at it's core so it can run perfect on there hardware like Apple can.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 am

What's up with iOS 7? I can't seem to watch youtube videos on this forum anymore.. Also the autocorrect on safari is a lot slower and not as good anymore, wtf?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: