Keane or Redondo?

5 posters

Go down

Keane or Redondo? Empty Keane or Redondo?

Post by Berbatov Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:53 am

:coffee:
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Keane or Redondo? Empty Re: Keane or Redondo?

Post by Kick Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:56 am

Redondo for me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:00 am

Keane. Redondo for a man that was meant to be a defensive mf was too vertical and overplayed too many times. Depends what you want. Keane was not a defensive mf.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 am

Redondo, easily. Incredible technique and intelligence on the pitch combined with intangibles that few two-way midfielders had made him the world's best -- ahead of Keane -- during both of their peaks. Whereas he was not the traditional defensive midfielder, he was extremely smart and his tackling ability was second to none. Redondo was also a master of the interception and the tactical foul, and that made up for his physical deficiencies, with his below-average mobility being a slight on him. In terms of ability, I would rate Redondo higher than Keane, and in terms of physical attributes, I would rate Keane higher than Redondo. They both have that one overrated performance -- Keane in 1999 (Juventus), Redondo in 2000 (Manchester United) -- but if I wanted to pick one player in my central midfield, it would be Redondo more often than not. Redondo and Keane did have a different way of going about with their game despite their same position on the pitch. Redondo is underrated in the same way that Laudrup was, and I think that Redondo was much greater for Real Madrid than Makélélé ever was.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:49 am

I would pick Redondo because I prefer a more technical gifted and intelligent defensive midfielder. I think, however, that in a 4-2-3-1 like most teams play nowadays, Keane and Redondo could form an incredible partnership, they complement each other really well in my opinion.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down