RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:On the bright side maybe after getting ripped apart today by Villa, United will be more willing to sell Rooney to us rofl 
True.. but why would he want to join after seeing you getting ripped apart?

ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 am

Sakho (£8m), Kondogbia (£17m release clause) or Nainggolan (£10m or less - bad financial situation), Corchia/Gamez (£5m mostly), J. Cesar (£2-3m), Jackson Martinez (£35m release clause).

This would be the best panic buy EVER.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:26 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Nainggolan (£10m or less - bad financial situation)
Last time i read,they're asking 18m in euros for him(closer to 20)..They dont seem to be in that bad of a financial situation now as it was reported earlier in the year.
The reason Roma and Inter who were very keen on him stopped pursuing him because of the high asking price.Just thought i'd let that know.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 am

Fair enough, he's a quality player and deserves that asking price.

We need a DM so we can't continue penny-pinching here... Wenger can still make things right if he understands that he needs to buy 4-5 players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Sakho (£8m), Kondogbia (£17m release clause) or Nainggolan (£10m or less - bad financial situation), Corchia/Gamez (£5m mostly), J. Cesar (£2-3m), Jackson Martinez (£35m release clause).

This.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:44 am

Honestly would prefer overpaying a bit for Nainggolan or for any number of those players (Sakho up to 12, Corchia up to 10, Cesar up to 5 etc.)

I'd much prefer overpaying for quality players than for bottom of the barrel scraps like Benayoun on loan or €8mil for Andre Santos or Park Chu Young.

These next two weeks will be absolutely ridiculously crucial to Wenger's Arsenal career and our season.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Gotta love this.

If only others at the club had his passion.

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:02 pm

MJGunner wrote:I'd much prefer overpaying for quality players than for bottom of the barrel scraps like Benayoun on loan or €8mil for Andre Santos or Park Chu Young.
Kind of harsh on Benayoun, who was a total pro for us that season! (But otherwise I completely agree with you here.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Why do people keep bringing up Benayoun as one of the "bad" panic buys/loans? He was fantastic for us, scored a couple of vital goals (if memory serves me well) and had a great attitude all round

I'd welcome more players like Benayoun to the club
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah, no club is built on superstars alone, and every club can use a few players of Benayoun's type and caliber. He could fill in at a few positions, he was intelligent and experienced, he could follow tactical directions but also had enough talent about him to contribute creatively. And he was (and is) a model professional.

Lot of respect for the guy.

(Hate to say it because he usually did so well against Arsenal, but another player like this - but even a bit better than Benny - was/is Park Ji-Sung.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 pm

My issue wasn't with Benayoun as a player but what he represented.

We should have invested in a younger more permanent CAM if it was necessary or flat out bought him instead of scrambling to get him on loan on deadline day. He played well for us and was a prudent transfer but when you have months in advance to identify what you need you shouldn't be loaning a 31 year old from your rivals at the last minute. It reflects extremely poorly on the management.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Also, addressing Wenger's "I only buy players that will improve the squad" credo................how in the holy f*ck did he think Santos would have improved us? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Sakho (£8m), Kondogbia (£17m release clause) or Nainggolan (£10m or less - bad financial situation), Corchia/Gamez (£5m mostly), J. Cesar (£2-3m), Jackson Martinez (£35m release clause).

Sakho isn't that cheap he's €20m, but if it were me I'd still pay it.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Lex wrote:Also, addressing Wenger's "I only buy players that will improve the squad" credo................how in the holy f*ck did he think Santos would have improved us? scratch
Well I don't know about you, but I'd prefer having Santos at LB than Podolski .. at least he's a defender on paper.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Corriere dello Sport have said that Fiorentina have told Atelti that they would accept any offer of €15m for Ljajic. Bargain of the summer.
ffs Arsenal Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm

lenear1030 wrote:

Sakho isn't that cheap he's €20m, but if it were me I'd still pay it.
Nah, 1 year left in his contract, wants out, PSG already have a replacement... £8m + bonuses would do it but signing Sakho would make too much sense so I don't see it happening.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Wenger is not serious in the transfer market. Just like Winter window he has no intention to sign anyone in the summer. For Wenger to prove us wrong is more important than bringing in quality players to win trophies.

Wenger problem goes further than just signing new players…tactically Wenger is clueless, which has cost us dearly in the past. Not only we need new players, we also need new Manager. This year is too late to change but I hope he leaves when his contract is up.

Park, bendtner, Wenger and Gazidis are the only deadwood in on our pay roll Simple.

The fact that most fans know what we need to win and Wenger does not is a joke. Wenger knows for sure who can help us but I am surprised why he is not buying. Has he lost interest in Arsenal wants to leave when his contract is up?

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:47 pm

The Raptor we know is back in full force.

Proud
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Chumlum wrote:The Raptor we know is back in full force.

Proud
I am sorry guys, I really am. I will stop, but after yesterday I am heart broken. Losing to Villa on opening day is a disgrace.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Micah Richards would be a great signing now, hope we are looking in to him. He’s quick, one of the strongest and can play right back or center back effectively. Of course there’s the other point, he’s English and currently unused by city.lol

wenger said that he will only sign players that are good enough for arsenal…..but after all it appears that there is not a footballer on the planet that is good enough for arsenal.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Thauvin has been made available by Lille for 10 mil because he doesn't want to play for them (Garcia left). Wenger would be an absolute idiot not to do this deal...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Micah Richards would be a great signing now, hope we are looking in to him. He’s quick, one of the strongest and can play right back or center back effectively. Of course there’s the other point, he’s English and currently unused by city.lol

wenger said that he will only sign players that are good enough for arsenal…..but after all it appears that there is not a footballer on the planet that is good enough for arsenal.
There's a reason why he's not being played... his mental game is terrible.. He makes terrible mental mistakes all the time

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:22 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 32 545216_724133067626912_611446149_n
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Do you guys think we are after permanent signings or just loans now?

I keep hearing Barry's name on loan to us?:bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:29 pm

We are in desperate need of depth. We shouldn't be thinking of how a certain player we buy is going to fit into the every day line up. I don't even care about getting players that are massive upgrades to what we already have. Just get some good players so we don't have to play the same 11 every single game in order to not be completely shit.

We are just so short handed. If one player goes down it kills our chemistry and we can't play at all. Need someone at almost every position.

Buy an AM or Winger, DM, CB, Striker, GK.

Seems like a lot with as little time left in the window. But we need it after how much we cleared out. Im still so confused as to why we let all those players go without replacing any of them. A week ago I was absolutely certain we'd have at least one or two of our needs addressed by now.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Iker Casillas on the Madrid bench again.

Casillas to Arsenal. hmm

Jokes aside, Arsenal have to ensure they at least consolidate their position, even if it means compromising on the quality of player we bring in somewhat. There'd be absolutely no use in us going "oh, if he doesn't improve us/improve much on what we have, so we shouldn't sign him" at this point. We need numbers.

A fourth choice centre back or a right back if we're so insistent that Sagna will play at centre back more.

A defensive midfielder to backup Arteta.

A striker to either replace or rotate with Giroud.

And that's the bare minimum. Squad could probably do with another centre mid and possibly a goalkeeper, but those positions aren't as urgent at least.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next