RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by JGUNZ Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Espn reporting that bayern have accepted a bid of 14M£ for Gustavo from arsenal, personal terms might be tricky

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:53 pm

JGUNZ wrote:Espn reporting that bayern have accepted a bid of 14M£ for Gustavo from arsenal, personal terms might be tricky
I think it will depend on how the Perez trial goes. He seemed ok today.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:55 pm

There is room for both Perez and Gustavo, especially if Frimpong were to ship out (possible) and no CBs are signed.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Chumlum wrote:There is room for both Perez and Gustavo, especially if Frimpong were to ship out (possible) and no CBs are signed.
I like your optimism, but see it in the same light as RG wanting us to sign Cesc, Suarez and Roonay in the same window.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:05 pm

I think with Gustavo coming in, Arteta can truly excel and be a midfield general... he is being played out of position for so long that people forget how good he can be at bossing a game with his passing and conytroling the tempo

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Cristian Nyari ‏@Cnyari

All sources pointing to Bayern Munich accepting Arsenal's bid for Luiz Gustavo.
LETS SEE!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:13 pm

If we sign Gustavo, I will masturbate ffs
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Chumlum wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Chumlum wrote:At this point I'll just stump for replacing Suarez as the target with Jackson Martinez - as long as he's willing to come he'll cost no more than his release clause, which is like £35 mil. (Wenger please!) It will look sad if the club weren't willing to pay slightly less for Higuain, but will be far preferable to not having any really quality striker come in.

Depth is an issue. But if Gustavo comes, if Wenger gets someone like Martinez, a CB (Williams?), and maybe one or two more younger signings for depth on the first team (Vadillo? Perez?) ... that would be a very good end to the transfer window that would see the team leaned out and strengthened.
I haven't seen a lot of Martinez, but isn't he more in the "Higuain" mould of strikers?

For me, with our system, we need a striker who can move out into the channels, drop deep and get involved in the build-up.
I do agree overall, but who else is left to do something like this - both available on the transfer market, and good enough to really improve the squad? (Not a rhetorical question, I'm open to suggestions.) As a workable back-up option, tactically, spending big on a really strong finisher seems useful to me. I'm not an expert on Martinez or anything, I've just seen him here and there after his move to Porto. But in the absence of a forward who has movement and helps build attack, an out-and-out striker who is a versatile finisher - err, a dreaded "fox in the box" type? - is really helpful. Like even this current match against Man City, we see again how Podolski (a good player of course) often just can't really cut it up top. A lot of Arsenal's forwards need things a certain way to perform - it has to be on the left foot, or it helps Walcott when he's able to cut in from the right and run past defense. Basically, what a Higuain/Martinez-type finisher will do is help plug in some of those gaps and finish chances that otherwise go missing.

This analysis of Martinez from a year ago is worth perusing - http://paisleygates.com/?p=7826 ... he's a guy who is able to score with his head and both feet and he's good in the box. I don't think he's a perfect choice necessarily, and like I said, I'm not an expert on the guy. I know he can also do some facepalm-worthy things in front of goal. But his goal-every-two-games career average (even better than that for Porto last year) makes him a really worthy option for Plan B in my opinion.
I'm certainly not opposed to him if we decided to sign him. If we did, we'd just have to make some tactical adjustments to get the best out of him and the make the team play the best it can. As you say, we can't exactly be choosy right now.

Arsenal can certainly sign Perez and Gustavo. We need a back-up for Ramsey, after all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:23 pm

srigooner wrote:
Chumlum wrote:There is room for both Perez and Gustavo, especially if Frimpong were to ship out (possible) and no CBs are signed.
I like your optimism, but see it in the same light as RG wanting us to sign Cesc, Suarez and Roonay in the same window.
I try to be optimistic, yeah, but I'm not even trying to predict or hope for anything when I say it's feasible. I'm just pointing out that in terms of squad depth it could very much work.

There's a lot of talk, and not just from crap sources, that Gustavo is close to a move to Arsenal. So there's that. Perez wouldn't be playing Man City today if Wenger weren't at least leaning toward "yes." He would be a young back-up, presumably intended as an upgrade to Frimpong in the squad. If Frimpong were to go & Perez replace him, then Gustavo, Arteta, Ramsey, and Perez would be the main deeper midfielders competing for two spaces. Gustavo would get a little game time across the back line too, probably, while Perez would effectively be 4th choice, play in cup and occasional league matches.

And this would mean there are three main CB's to choose from (Kos/Verm/Mert) plus two who can do a job as back-ups (Gustavo/Sagna).
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:28 pm

All this "fee agreed for Gustavo" may have originated from the Metro, who in turn may have got it from sources that claimed his agent had a said a fee had been agreed on some radio station nobody knows the name of.

Pinch of salt with this one, I think.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 pm

The metro has sources Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Pinch of salt about Metro's story is necessary. I was thinking of Geoff's tweet, plus Bild reported Arsenal were one of the clubs in for LG. There's enough smoke for there to be fire, I think. Of course that doesn't mean anything's done ...

(OT: I have one eye on the Liverpool-Celtic match. Man it's weird to see Kolo in a Pool uniform. Still have affection for that guy.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Ian Holloway has confirmed Chamakh to Palace
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Only Bendy left, Park doesn't count What a Face 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:46 pm

srigooner wrote:
eerr no, gustavo is an experienced player, perez is still a rising prospect, its not the same. there is room for both of them.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm

REWB wrote:
srigooner wrote:
eerr no, gustavo is an experienced player, perez is still a rising prospect, its not the same. there is room for both of them.
We sent Coquelin on so there is space for both of them
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

So...What's the story on the home kits and alternate third kits? Are they just going to be the same?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

So how was Perez?
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:So...What's the story on the home kits and alternate third kits? Are they just going to be the same?
Yup they are for two season

New ones next year with Puma
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Apparently we've brought Nacional's 70% share of Perez for 2.5mil euros. Don't know if we've purchased the remaining 30%, presumably owned by a third party, yet or not.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:17 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Apparently we've brought Nacional's 70% share of Perez for 2.5mil euros. Don't know if we've purchased the remaining 30%, presumably owned by a third party, yet or not.
Isn't this contrary to FA regulations? Or if it's not, what's the difference?

(Is it possible to sign him but not be able to register him until buying up the remaining 30%?)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Third Party ownership isn't allowed in UK. it must be 30% sell on clause
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah, the FA here stipulates that third party ownership is not allowed after the Mascherano/Tevez deals that essentially gave West Ham an unfair advantage over their relegation rivals.

So if a player is owned partly by a third party, English clubs have to buy their share as well as the share owned by the player's club.

There could also be a situation where the player himself owns a percentage of his own rights. In that scenario, I think an English club would still have to purchase them as well.

I don't know the specifics of this Perez deal so I can't say what the situation is with his economic rights. But Arsenal do need 100% of the player.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:43 pm

who is that 2nd guy on trial with us..?
that ligue1/2 winger.. some El j** ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Alharbi El Jadeyaoui.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:56 pm

We should just buy the remaining shares, this will create problems if the guys starts doing well and he is wanted by other teams.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next