Has any player had as much power as Lionel Messi?

+22
adamdar
Bankz
Albiceleste
Ganso
Pedram
windkick
LeBéninois
futbol
che
rwo power
The_Badger
BarcaLearning
harhar11
Harmonica
ExtremistEnigma
free_cat
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
M99
nasir6371
paperbackwriter
jibers
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has any player had as much power as Lionel Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any player had as much power as Lionel Messi?

Post by che Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:03 pm

lol you think no other players get a say in how their club is run? adorable...

top players who have a huge impact on their club will always be brought in on the big decisions, it's like that in every sport and every team, makes even more sense with a generational talent like messi who you obviously want to keep happy... sure it may be getting into his head, but until it significantly interferes with the team there's no reason it should be any different

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Has any player had as much power as Lionel Messi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any player had as much power as Lionel Messi?

Post by futbol Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Apparently the alternatives to Martino were AVB, Eusebio and Luis Enrique so Messi actually saved Barca. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm

jibers wrote:
M99 wrote:Who did Messi force out? Pep?

Yes. Pep could not control him. It's even in his autobiography of how Messi went renegade and stopped running and Pep had to convince him.

Please, i thought this was a reliable forum ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Only information I got out of this thread was the confirmation that jibers is the most anti-Barca poster on the forums.

More important to the original question; what is causing jibers to be so butt-hurt?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 pm

windkick wrote:Only information I got out of this thread was the confirmation that jibers is the most anti-Barca poster on the forums.

More important to the original question; what is causing jibers to be so butt-hurt?

I am not anti Barca at all. I enjoy teams that always strive to be protagonists and follow the Cruyffian method of football. The expression of Cruyffian principles is something I have always admired and envied from Barcelona.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Jibers the great troll of our time. :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 pm

jibbers is the messia, liberating us from the dark midget.jibbers Proud
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:48 pm

The former Real Madrid director feels the Chile star has lost confidence in his own style of play whilst playing in the shadow of the Argentine at Camp Nou

Former Argentina international Jorge Valdano believes that the presence of Lionel Messi has prevented Alexis Sanchez from fulfilling his potential at Barcelona.

The Chilean joined Barca from Udinese in the summer of 2011, but has so far been unable to replicate his scintillating Serie A form for the Blaugrana, prompting rumours of a potential exit from the club.

Valdano believes the 24-year-old could be affected by playing in the shadow of talisman Messi, telling Radio Cooperativo: "Alexis seems to be missing confidence. He always used to have a lot of flair and took on opponents. Now he seems to prefer the safe route and pass to a team-mate.

"Maybe Messi's presence overwhelms him. You don't know how the mind of certain top players works.

"I still remember Ariel Ortega at Valencia. He used to do very well, but then Romario came onto the scene and Ortega just went missing all of a sudden."

Alexis has made 54 La Liga appearances so far for Barcelona, scoring 20 goals in the process.

Valdano Proud

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 pm

futbol wrote:Apparently the alternatives to Martino were AVB, Eusebio and Luis Enrique so Messi actually saved Barca. Proud
thank you messi Proud

saves us on and off the pitch Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
futbol wrote:Apparently the alternatives to Martino were AVB, Eusebio and Luis Enrique so Messi actually saved Barca. Proud
thank you messi Proud

saves us on and off the pitch Proud

LM :bow:

DAT MESSI Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:09 pm

I for one welcome our new omnipotent, diminutive overlord

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:41 am

Messi quotes from after today's Bayern match

Messi: "I don't have anything to do with the appointment of Martino, the club decides that. I don't know him personally, didn't meet him."

Messi: "I think Martino is a good signing. He showed what he's capable of at Newell's and Paraguay. Let's hope we will do well with him."

Messi: "After what happened with Tito, we're slowly starting again. We should get ready for a tough year."
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 am

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:04 am

Lordnel conspirassi
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 am

Camp nou chant messi's name

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm

about my club , Sandro Mazzola on all. Most influencing player in our history .
Sacked Heriberto Herrera in 1971, replaced on paper by  normal coach by Primavera ( Invernizzi) but the real coach was Mazzola  and we won the  Scudetto in comeback that year  Very Happy   And we lost CL final against Ajax in following year. Of course Invernizzi coached just 3 Serie B clubs with scrub results after Inter.  It' s interesting to add the fact that Facchetti was the captain for 94 matches with Italy, but he was just for a year with Inter because Mazzola decided to be starter until 35 Laughing
Recently, Esteban Cambiasso was more than a player too , although not same level anyway.

A name now over Messi, I ' d say Totti
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:16 pm

player power, especially star players or home-town talismen is nothing new in football. I don't know what goes on at barcelona, and as such i'm not sure if these are made up stories or reality as far as messi and coaches r concerned....raul wielded a lot of power especially when florentino was no longer president at madrid, i recall training set to his schedule, something that mourinho and casillas had their first little clash about when mou newly arrived.....totti too has a strong influence at roma, i'd reckon even stronger than raul did at madrid (considering raul at least was still admired by most coaches)

romario is the name i think of with respect to player power, even to the extent of hampering team unity most times. anything he requested at vasco da gama was law, vasco's president roberto dinamite was a huge fan of romario and did any and everything he asked for.....he was known to arrive training sessions late and tough managers like cruyff, bobby robson, guus hiddink had no control of him....there have been tales about how cruyff let him leave matches earlier to fly to brazil after he notched up like 2 or 3 goals, or him telling coach valdano at valencia that he would rather train in doors than do laps on the field like his teammates, to which valdano agreed.

i'm sure there are tons of books on romario's antics when it comes to player power or influence (fantastic footballer though).....and no, i don't think i'd say categorize zidane under this, he seemed a little distanced from the politics surrounding football, in terms of having things his way or the highway, i think coaches and teammates just generally respected him, but i hardly heard of him giving ultimatums, or being some sort of cult of personality whom coaches were frightened of
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Tata Martino to Messi (last year): "I know you are the boss here, the owner. I know that if you want you phone the president and I am fired, but please, it is not necessary to show it every day". [ElPeriodico]

Proud Proud Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Fußball wrote:Tata Martino to Messi (last year): "I know you are the boss here, the owner. I know that if you want you phone the president and I am fired, but please, it is not necessary to show it every day". [ElPeriodico]

Proud Proud Proud

and that is why Messi will never leave, he lives dat life
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Fußball wrote:Tata Martino to Messi (last year): "I know you are the boss here, the owner. I know that if you want you phone the president and I am fired, but please, it is not necessary to show it every day". [ElPeriodico]

Proud Proud Proud
This quote has bullshit all over it Laughing

I can't imagine him taking the Argentina job if this were true.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Messi forced him to coach Argentina so he can keep bullying him. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Proud Proud Proud
This quote has bullshit all over it Laughing

I can't imagine him taking the Argentina job if this were true.

If he actually had said that to Messi the little dictator would have fired him the next day :coffee:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Tyrant Messi can influence the pope if he wants at this point.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:17 am

TBH Messi has elected Bergoglio
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2