Conte: We'll go for historic third

Go down

Conte: We'll go for historic third Empty Conte: We'll go for historic third

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:10 am

Antonio Conte has claimed that his Juventus side will go for a 'historic' third Scudetto this season, but has admitted it will be tough.

The Bianconeri have strengthened heavily this summer, bringing in Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao and Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

But the Coach believes this term will be as tough as ever.

“We are starting this third season after two extraordinary vintages,” he told a Press conference.

“To win in the third year would be historic. But we know it's going to be very difficult to repeat. If we work hard though, we can do something historic.

“Beyond those arriving and those leaving the important thing is to have the desire to win.

“In these past two years, we have written an important page in our history. We got back to the image that Juventus have always sought.

“But the past counts for nothing now. We have to take on board what we have done over these past few years, but if there is no humility then we will not achieve a thing.

“We are working to continue to grow. We have done some extraordinary business – to increase the quality in attack like we have for only €9m is magnificent.

“Tevez works well in our philosophy, but it's not the number on his back that counts, it what he does on the pitch.”

The tactician then commented on Edinson Cavani's potential departure from Napoli, and the Old Lady's other Serie A rivals.

“I think PSG paying €63m for Cavani is a gift to Napoli. I would have preferred the Matador to stay. With him, we normally always beat them.

“Napoli will reinvest that 63m and moreover, now they have Benitez. He has won everything as a Coach and for me is underrated.

“Inter have a great Coach and Milan only lost once in the second half of last season.

“Fiorentina are also becoming a great side with Gomez coming in.

“The arrival of Rudi Garcia will help Roma. He did very well in France.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down