+3
Tomwin Lannister
zarola
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt' Empty Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Emanuele Giaccherini may be a surprise starter against Mexico, but insists he has all the qualities needed to play for Italy.

The Juventus man can play as midfielder, winger, trequartista or part of a trident attack. He is expected to be used with Claudio Marchisio supporting lone striker Mario Balotelli in Sunday’s Confederations Cup opener.

“I never thought I’d get to play at the Maracanà, as it’s one of the temples of football, but when I step on to the field I’ll only be thinking about the match,” said Giaccherini in his Press conference.

His name is already in the record books, as he scored Italy’s fastest ever goal by finding the net against Haiti after 19 seconds in this week’s friendly.

“I am in good shape and hope to prove that on Sunday. I’m happy to be at the disposal of the Coach in moments of difficulty. I scored against Haiti and also played in that position at Juve at times, so I always try to adapt.

“Those of us who are less experienced look to Andrea Pirlo and Gigi Buffon, as they give us great confidence and that step up in quality. We have positive sensations about this tournament and are a very harmonious group of players.”

Italy are in Group A along with Japan, hosts Brazil and tomorrow’s opponents Mexico.

“It will be difficult against Mexico and we expect a high tempo,” continuedGiaccherini.

“If I play, then it means Cesare Prandelli saw me in good shape. I have a lot of stamina and pace, so I am good for pressing the opposition. With this system we’ll have to find space between the lines to support Mario.

“It’s true I am only 1.67 metres tall and nowadays football is very physical, but I make the most of my other qualities: pace, technique and stamina.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt' Empty Re: Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt'

Post by zarola Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:59 pm

zarola 'No you don't'

This guy cost us goals in the last euro, and correct me if I'm wrong but he's just a rotational Juve player is he not?
i don't understand how THIS guy is considered Italy quality, or even Juve quality.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt' Empty Re: Giaccherini: 'I deserve Italy shirt'

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 pm

I wouldn't have him in my ideal starting line up for club or Country by any means.

That being said, He's definitely deserving of a place ahead of the likes of Cerci, Osvaldo, Astori, Ace Ventura, Aquilani, Sau etc etc.

Quite a lot of scrubs getting called up with Prandelli. He deserves a bench spot, but not a starting place. Definitely not in Italias 3-5-2 that most people want.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:39 am

he's a good sub. has pace, electricity and grinta.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:17 am

I'm sorry but in no way he had a better season than aquilani nor sau for that matter, both played regularly with their clubs, giach didn't,others I agree though
Although there is always this one guy who the coach loved to pick and I can see how giach is useful for Italy but no way he's a starter...
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:27 am

InteristAli wrote:I'm sorry but in no way he had a better season than aquilani nor sau for that matter, both played regularly with their clubs, giach didn't,others I agree though
Although there is always this one guy who the coach loved to pick and I can see how giach is useful for Italy but no way he's a starter...

According to stats he has been amazing , second only to Pirlo in creating chances for the team. He excels when you give him attacking duties and on the wing he s dangerous in cutting in so I would put him in front of sau and aquilani
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:34 am

I agree that he has with that but I just don't see how he deserves to be there more than those two, who have been performing all year
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:12 pm

For starters, Aquilani is a CM, and he does not deserve to play ahead of Pirlo, Marchisio, Montolivo or DDR.

Sau...

You're trying to tell me Sau deserves to be called up ahead of the likes of Quagliarella?

Giac can play in a number of positions, one of those being LWB, a place where Italy is currently lacking in quality.

For Aquilani to play he has to bench one of the players I mentioned. And he's not good enough.

Sau? I'll name you 10 strikers that should be ahead of him if you would like.

Name me 5 better choices for LWB than Giac.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:22 pm

If you read what I wrote you would see that I didn't say he shouldn't be picked, he shouldn't be starting. He's basically taking SES's place in the formation
And I said sau deserves to play ahead of giach, didn't even mention quagliarela
I ALSO said he's useful, what do you want me to say?
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:28 pm

I've already said he shouldn't start, so that's a pointless to argue with me against.

No, I mentioned Quagliarella because he's one of the MANY strikers who deserve to play ahead of Sau. In what world is Sau good enough for the Italian NT?

And Sau doesn't deserve to play ahead of Giac, they play in different positions. He doesn't even deserve a bench spot, whereas Giac does for his versatility and work rate. He's also a decent player. Not a starter like I said, but he should be on the bench.

Here's 10 people I would play/call up ahead of that scrub Sau

Balo
Cassano
Di Natale
Quagliarella
Giovinco
Miccoli
Matri
Giampaolo P
Gilar
Insigne
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm

You already said that about him not good enough to start even though I said it first, you brought it up again

Sau deserves to be ahead of giacherrini with a change of formation that's my point. I just picked a name from the ones you mentioned who deserve it more than him, nothing more nothing less
I didn't say he deserves to be in the squad for the WC or something, I'm hoping Cassano makes it of course
This was a comparision between giach and sau, no one else... Which we don't agree on
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Giaccherini is a useful tool to the team as was Perrotta in the past and many others before him. A reliable solution.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I wouldn't have him in my ideal starting line up for club or Country by any means.

That being said, He's definitely deserving of a place ahead of the likes of Cerci, Osvaldo, Astori, Ace Ventura, Aquilani, Sau etc etc.

Quite a lot of scrubs getting called up with Prandelli. He deserves a bench spot, but not a starting place. Definitely not in Italias 3-5-2 that most people want.

I said that before you even entered the thread Laughing So it was me who brought it up originally.

Well, that makes no sense.

Sau doesn't play where Giaccherini plays. So why would a change of formation matter? And, in the perfect world Sau wouldn't have a look in in the NT. Not even on the bench. Infact, I'd say he's the player least deserving of a call up in the entire squad.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

I didn't see that.,, or forgot about it I don't know
What I meant was prandelli changed it because SES isn't fit so giacherrini will play and thus changed the formation... So for me if its a toss up between sau and giach, sau edges
BUT I'm fully behind prandelli playing this formation as there aren't any other good enough forwards in the squad so he has to play a different formation

By the way this is all moot cuz sau was cut from the squad hahah
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Aaah cut from the Squad. Excellent.

Well, i'm still strongly supporting the 3-5-2.

I won't list all the reasons again but this has to be the future for Italy.

--------------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------
-----------Barzagli-----------------Bonucci------------------------Chiellini
Abate----------Marchisio----------Pirlo-------------DDR-----------Criscito
-------------------------------Balotelli------****---------------------------

The starred out striker should be whoever is performing well in my opinion. I don't think there's a definite claim for a place beside Balo.

Giovinco is poor for the NT
Pazzini is injured, probably not very compatible with Balo
Cassano is too unfit, he guarantees we need to use one substitute when he's spent.
Quag has been great, Prandelli is ignoring him which is a shame.

SES is yet to impress for the NT in my eyes.
Di Natale is too old for Prandelli, he's looking past him. Same with Miccoli.

As for the LWB spot, I picked Criscito, but maybe DS can grow into a better player than take that spot. But on DS's debut, he cost two goals. He was very poor.

If a CB is injured, you drop DDR into the back 3 like he done at the EURO 2012 torunament, he was sublime there. And you put Montolivo in his place.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm

I agree, the core of the squad is juventus so it's probably best to use the 3-5-2, but he's in love with the 4-3-1-2, like I said he only changed because there was no other option i guess... Could use the 3-5-2 tonight though

For the attack, I don't think Cassano would play as a started but I really hope he's picked for the WC, but I'm just as baffled as you for the position... Has balo and quag ever played together? They might not be compatible, but it would be awesome for them to play together

Yeah I agree with the LWB but I haven't seen criscito for a while now, but whenever he did play he was decent nothing special, I hope DS does grow into it but I get the feeling he's a better right back than right wing back
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:14 pm

One thing about Quag is he can play as the lead striker or a SS. He's not particularly creative, definitely not in the mould of Cassano. But I think it could work. He's quite an intelligent player.

LWB is anybodies guess really, I think DS is too young and lacks experience in a 3-5-2, Balzaretti should be kept away from the line up. Had a decent EURO campaign but some shockers for Roma.

Why I think it makes sense to use a 3-5-2 isn't just because of Juve. Although the back 3 is a big part. If you look at this seasons table, 3 of the top 4 teams in Italy use a back 3.

Italy got a deserved draw with Spain in the group stages using a 3-5-2. And played excellently in the following game with it. Then Prandelli dropped it. And look what happened in the final.

Although Chiellini was constantly injured and Mottas injury forced Italy to play with 10 men despite not getting a red card.

3-5-2 is definitely the way forward, or some variant of a back 3 anyway.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Agree with everything you said here

Quagliarela :bow:
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:One thing about Quag is he can play as the lead striker or a SS. He's not particularly creative, definitely not in the mould of Cassano. But I think it could work. He's quite an intelligent player.

LWB is anybodies guess really, I think DS is too young and lacks experience in a 3-5-2, Balzaretti should be kept away from the line up. Had a decent EURO campaign but some shockers for Roma.

Why I think it makes sense to use a 3-5-2 isn't just because of Juve. Although the back 3 is a big part. If you look at this seasons table, 3 of the top 4 teams in Italy use a back 3.

Italy got a deserved draw with Spain in the group stages using a 3-5-2. And played excellently in the following game with it. Then Prandelli dropped it. And look what happened in the final.

Although Chiellini was constantly injured and Mottas injury forced Italy to play with 10 men despite not getting a red card.

3-5-2 is definitely the way forward, or some variant of a back 3 anyway.

+Quags is inconsistent don't forget that pls Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

For the National Team he's always shined.

He was a sub in 2010 yet performed much better than anybody else. He even had a legit goal disallowed to add to his other goals.

And this season for Juve he's been consistent. However he ranted at Alessio and done time on the bench because of that silly move.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Okay let's throw that game in the world cup where he did phenomenal against Slovakia aside.
Quagliarella has always played with such a driving passion for the Azzurri. i have not seen him play a bad game. Before he was injured he was getting used by Prandelli a bit and he was still being his phenomenal self.
Quagliarella is known for his long rang shots but the guy actually has decent vision and passes as well, he loves Italy. Every player needs to be like him when playing for Italy. It's what this team needs.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Andrew_p wrote:Giaccherini is a useful tool to the team as was Perrotta in the past and many others before him. A reliable solution.

Except he's not really a reliable solution, his laziness has cost us crucial goals at the euro.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:11 am

zarola wrote:
Andrew_p wrote:Giaccherini is a useful tool to the team as was Perrotta in the past and many others before him. A reliable solution.

Except he's not really a reliable solution, his laziness has cost us crucial goals at the euro.
how so?
Italy reached the finals & lost to Spain while Giaccherini was not on the field...
so how was the goals "he made" score CRUCIAL?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum